Headlamp module??

DRP08

Currently the proud owner of a '05 350Z.......with only one working headlight!

No being mechanically minded at all, I asked a local garage to find out why simply replacing the bulb didn't help. It seems there is a problem with the 'headlamp control module (drivers side) that screws into the bottom of the headlamp and controls the xenons' (screws in to bottom of headlamp).

Anybody able to shed some more light / advise?

I previously had an issue where I had damaged the plastic cover in the wheel arch area, and wonder if there could've been some water damage - there has been quite a lot of condensation in the headlamp since.

All help greatly appreciated!!

Darren

It's the Ballast, that's what transfers power to the Xenons. Check that it's not the fuse for the head lights first, but I bet it's the Ballast (which is what they were talking about). If water has got into it due to a damaged inner arch, it'll be kaput.

Edited by Rock_Steady

Thanks for the reply. They definitely checked the fuses, and even replaced to see if that was the issue - no luck unfortunately.

So the question now is probably - what next? Can I buy the ballast separately, or do I need a whole new headlamp unit?

Either way, any recommended places to get them from?

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...