Dan's 645Ci thread

Ekona

That's quite a lot of money to throw at your car, or have I missed something? Surprised at the spacers, don't really know why, I suppose that I've always seen them as purely aesthetic and performance hindering.

Is it to eventually be a track thing or just to spruce up?

That's quite a lot of money to throw at your car, or have I missed something? Surprised at the spacers, don't really know why, I suppose that I've always seen them as purely aesthetic and performance hindering.

Trust me, if there was a way to do it without spacers I would, but the choice of wheels I actually like are very limited unless I want to spend the big bucks on the M6 wheels along with new tyres. You're absolutely right, they do hinder performance, but I'll still be dropping unsprung weight even with them so there's a small benefit to be had. I'm not going to pretend that I'm not changing them mainly for the looks though! :D

It is a lot of money, but really what else is out there for the budget that gives me what the 645 does? Impreza is tempting but I've been there, Boxster can't get kids in, 996 would be wonderful but twice the budget before mods. There's nowt with a V8, manual box and space for 4 with a huge boot, really. All this is just for a spruce up really: Half the budget on performance and pretty stuff, half on making sure it won't self-destruct. There's a good chance of increasing resale value too, as with the engine work that's the two biggest fears for any V8 6-series owner done and dusted with.

It will start seeing more track days though, as I'll have a spare set of wheels for 888s. I might even try the Federals on them, considering the price differential and the 80/20 rule.

Trust me, if there was a way to do it without spacers I would, but the choice of wheels I actually like are very limited unless I want to spend the big bucks on the M6 wheels along with new tyres. You're absolutely right, they do hinder performance, but I'll still be dropping unsprung weight even with them so there's a small benefit to be had. I'm not going to pretend that I'm not changing them mainly for the looks though! :D

It is a lot of money, but really what else is out there for the budget that gives me what the 645 does? Impreza is tempting but I've been there, Boxster can't get kids in, 996 would be wonderful but twice the budget before mods. There's nowt with a V8, manual box and space for 4 with a huge boot, really. All this is just for a spruce up really: Half the budget on performance and pretty stuff, half on making sure it won't self-destruct. There's a good chance of increasing resale value too, as with the engine work that's the two biggest fears for any V8 6-series owner done and dusted with.

It will start seeing more track days though, as I'll have a spare set of wheels for 888s. I might even try the Federals on them, considering the price differential and the 80/20 rule.

Jaaaag XFR, supercharged V8, mahoosive boot, back seats, superb interior & sound system, 510bhp, looks so much better than a beemer (imo obviously) and around £20k for a good pre-facelift one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

She went absolutely mental over the white nylon straps when I cut them! :D

Big puffy feather cat toy, not interested. Remains of packaging, MOST EXCITING THING EVAR!

Our Lab has to inspect any bag or box that comes through the door and an empty box is just waiting to be played with. Simple things in life :)

I may have missed it but what's the timescales for your build to be complete?

About a month or so :blush: I get so impatient! :lol:

Well, the suspension should be here next week, and she's tentatively booked in for the 19th for the engine work so I'll probably just get all that done at the same time. Wheels arrive tomorrow so they should be on next week as I'm at JAE this weekend, the seats will take a little longer though as I need to take the trip to DT first, which needs planning in. I've got a Wales run in October with friends so I want the suspension stuff done before then, at the very least.

The engine work may not happen before the Wales run as the guy doing it did his ankle in the other week, so he may not be back in time to complete before I go away. If that's the case, I'll just get the suspension sorted with the wheels on.

There was a reason I bought a car at the bottom of the depreciation curve ;)

Ultimately I could've got a car with half the mileage but paid another £3K more, and still I would've fallen foul of the seals at some point. This was at least I had a budget ready to go, even if it has happened a little quicker than I would've liked.