350z Greddy Twin Turbo Croatia

Snjur

15 minutes ago, Snjur said:

Hm well not much. I got the pair for 600 euros with delivery. 

I think it's a fair price for "branded" seat's unless you want to go with less popular brands.

In terms of stability and holding yes, bit better than OEM but not a huge improvement as I did order without talking measurements. So i guess if you do proper homework you can find appropriate size. For me main factor was to reduce seat height as I have issues on track days with helemt on. Scraping the roof.

With 4 point seatbelts they will provide exact needed hold for track days.

I did wanted to go Recaro Pole Position bucket seat but at the time i didn't have cash for pair. Maybe in future.

Thanks for the info 

Yes pole positions are lovely as well 

I'm keen for some nice seats at some point 

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered this morning Whiteline Anti Roll kit which includes 33mm front sway bar, 20mm rear sway bar, rear mounts, front and rear adjustable end links and lateral locks front sway bar.

Although swaybars are smaller in diameter than OEM one's they are solid type instead of OEM tubular.

Front has 2 adjusting points while rear has 3. According to WL they offer increase of stiffness from 100-150% comparing to OEM's and depending from settings.

So far I had OEM sway bar on front and Godspeed rear at rear end. Front Godspeed couldn't fit due to pipings of Greddy TT. This was a good combo as car was more "netrual" on the steering but down side om track was extensive body roll on front.

I really hope with this I will achieve desired effect on suspension and car will feel direct on steering wheel, precise and agile on tucking in to corners and locked to road/track.

Im still to install Vibra-technics engine and Gearbox mount, all suspension is already on polyurethane bushings, so this is a final touch related to suspension and generally on this car.

Looking back I think it is easier to count things which are stock on car than which have been upgraded and modified.

From chassis, Brembo calipers, Bose speakers and amplifier, steering wheel everything else has been upgraded in one way or another.

Screenshot_2018-05-04-11-30-52-568_com.google.android.apps.photos.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Started today with remaining bits and pieces.

Whiteline ARB and endlinks installed. Looks like quite decent and quality product. Can't wait to test them.

Vibra-technics engine mounts and gearbox mount are set for tomorrow.

IMG_20180521_170834_HHT.jpg

IMG_20180521_170911_HHT.jpg

IMG_20180521_170924_HHT.jpg

IMG_20180521_174722_1.jpg

• Like 2

So, finally done with engine mounts and gearbox mount too. Was really PITA but we manage. In short lines car was on lift we unloose engine mounts and than with hydro lifter raised engine from below. Issue was we needed to remove a lot of pipings from turbo and IC to get enough space to remove old mounts and insert new.

This was also good opportunity to clean and degrease majority of pipings that was removed.

After that, new air filters where mounted. Bit of piping on both side needed to be trimmed but improvement should be noticeable as they are almost double of size than previous ones.

And finally i got a chance to see new digital cluster's which replaced old analogue ones. Awesome!!!

So much information that this has feature of diagnostic tools.

Each digital cluster can show any available parameter from ECU.

If any parameter is exceeding safety margin there is a warning led light.

IMG_20180523_175855_HHT.jpg

IMG_20180523_175916_HHT.jpg

IMG_20180523_173150_1.jpg

IMG_20180523_173150_1.jpg

IMG_20180523_181924_1.jpg

IMG_20180523_182631.jpg

IMG_20180523_182642.jpg

IMG_20180523_182656_1.jpg

IMG_20180523_182710_1.jpg

IMG_20180523_182713_1.jpg

IMG_20180523_182723_1.jpg

IMG_20180523_182746_1.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

Any more info on those gauges ? 

Buddy is making them. For now they are intended for Haltech stand alone ECU but he can work them out for any standalone unit.

If there would be enough interest he could develop them for standard ECU. 

Cool little thing as you have option of monitoring loads of parameters on a single gauge. 

• Like 1

So finally did a small test run on a country road close to the place I live.

Huge transformation with Vibra-technics engine and gearbox mountas.

Feeling is like i have a new gearbox. 

Changing of gears now is much more direct and precise. It will be very hard to miss gear again. That loose feeling of shifting gears in mid cornes is gone

Whiteline ARB really cool upgrade. Car has much more grip now. Before it was going so easily into slide and oversteers. It didn't need any special effort to slide. Now with ARB up different story. Much more traction and to initiate slide or oversteers takes much more power on pedal than before or playing with steering

I still need to do geometry as I have tyre rubbing on the rear end. I reckon 2 degrees camber will be needed

6 hours ago, Snjur said:

So finally did a small test run on a country road close to the place I live.

Huge transformation with Vibra-technics engine and gearbox mountas.

Feeling is like i have a new gearbox. 

Changing of gears now is much more direct and precise. It will be very hard to miss gear again. That loose feeling of shifting gears in mid cornes is gone

Whiteline ARB really cool upgrade. Car has much more grip now. Before it was going so easily into slide and oversteers. It didn't need any special effort to slide. Now with ARB up different story. Much more traction and to initiate slide or oversteers takes much more power on pedal than before or playing with steering

I still need to do geometry as I have tyre rubbing on the rear end. I reckon 2 degrees camber will be needed

Good geo will change things again 

Is there much  extra vibration from the mounts 

To be honest I like firm and stiff ride, and although majority of car has been changed and upgraded I can't say that Vibra-technics mounts have contributed in any negative way. I can only say positive comments on this upgrade and no any negative side on comfort or anyg unpleasant vibrations or noise

10 minutes ago, wizard said:

Nice seats - which ones are they. Were they easy to fit on the rails?

Sparco R100. Not too much hustle to get them on rails. I got aftermarket low mount base and rails

5 hours ago, Snjur said:

Sparco R100. Not too much hustle to get them on rails. I got aftermarket low mount base and rails

Which rails did you get? And are they adjustable? I’m 6’3’’ and have always been interested in the r100 seats. 

1 hour ago, EzeePzee said:

Which rails did you get? And are they adjustable? I’m 6’3’’ and have always been interested in the r100 seats. 

I can't recall i just went with cheapest solution eBay or something similar. I'm 6.1" and i do not have issues with height except on track day's with helmet on. Than i could use inch or two of clearance

9 minutes ago, Snjur said:

I can't recall i just went with cheapest solution eBay or something similar. I'm 6.1" and i do not have issues with height except on track day's with helmet on. Than i could use inch or two of clearance

Do the seats slide back and forward or are they fixed in position? 

On 24-5-2018 at 06:21, Snjur said:

If there would be enough interest he could develop them for standard ECU. 

Let's make a groupbuy, then we can see how many are interested. I would like them B)

• 2 weeks later...

Replaced few bushings on rear end, Energy Suspension Out Strongflex In.

Also replaced polyurethane bushings from Kinetix camber arms (Energy Suspension only available for this). 

I was having issues in getting rear geo settings right.

Rear fender arches have been rolled out, in order to eliminate rubbing from rear wheels. Need to test result but I think during winter I will do a proper extension or rear wheel arches as well as front ones and paint job of fenders.

Xeonon washer caps glued.

Aluminium center rings for Work Emotion wheels fabricated.

Downside i have noticed crack on right side exhaust manifold. So far is not leaking but still.... Makes me feel dull

IMG_20180609_103018_1.jpg

IMG_20180609_103026_1.jpg

IMG_20180609_105958_1.jpg

IMG_20180609_110943_1.jpg

IMG_20180611_184926_1.jpg

IMG_20180611_185052_1.jpg

IMG_20180611_184840_1.jpg

IMG_20180531_182440_1.jpg

Edited by Snjur