350z Greddy Twin Turbo Croatia

Snjur

4 minutes ago, Snjur said:

This is T3 flange also turbo's are almost new. It would be waste to take them down now

Plenty of turbos have a T3 flange. I feel it's better to have a turbo that isn't absolutely maxed out like yours will be. 

I will upgrade mine to GTX2876R's as they're the biggest I can get ony T25 flange. 

You can ways sell your turbos. They'd go quickly on a Subaru owners club.

1 minute ago, TT350 said:

Plenty of turbos have a T3 flange. I feel it's better to have a turbo that isn't absolutely maxed out like yours will be. 

I will upgrade mine to GTX2876R's as they're the biggest I can get ony T25 flange. 

You can ways sell your turbos. They'd go quickly on a Subaru owners club.

More reason to upgrade them later on of they fail :)

They are old technology turbos but quite reliable.

Who know maybe in future i will go with something more modern like ball bearing but let us see first what numbers will be with cams now.

I recall i have read theses are in theory 450/500 hp capable turbos

So Kelford cams are installed.

Remaining few bits and pieces to sort out before heading to dyno and seeing numbers.

Also we need to fabricate main intake pipe from IC to throttle from aluminium. All elbows have arrived just need to weld it and powder coat it to black.

IMG-20180120-WA0048.jpg

IMG-20180120-WA0039.jpg

IMG_20180124_154815_HHT.jpg

Edited by Snjur
  • Like 1

Another cool upgrade will be 2 x 2.4 inch OLED screens which will replace factory OIL pressure gauge and Voltmeter for battery.

They will be connected to Haltech and will  transmit real-time data of choosen options. Very soon they will be done so i will post video but with 2 data choosen on screen is very visible and quite easy to monitor. 

Today I've managed to resolve a problem of a stick clutch pedal.

I was sure it was a slave cylinder so I have purchased replacement one from Torqen.

Replaced it this afternoon but... Again we had a hard time bleeding the system.

After looking and inspecting all the system in the end RJM clutch pedal was loose and once tightened we managed to get nice pedal feel.

Secondly I want to replace Greddy Air filters which came with this kit. We found out on buddy's Greddy TT they are restricting air flow. They did a dyno run without Greddy air filter they had gains of almost 30 hp.

Did some measurements today so i will give a shot to KN RC9980 air filters. Hope they will fit.

Also purchased few goodies for oil. KN oil filter and magnetic brace which is mounted on oil filter in order to collect any metal particles that may be found in oil

Still pending is to paint Intercoler in black to have more stealth look, fabricate main intake pipe from IC to throttle and replace few bushings on rear end.

61Dlm6bB-9L._SY355_.jpg

oil-filter-magnet_02.jpg

Stealth look completed!

Quick photo as I need to clean bit engine bay before a proper picture. 

Remains to replace blue silicone hose from radiator to expansion jar to complete all black look.

Strut bar as well as new intake aluminium pipe have been powder coated in black.

I think to an amateur and untrained eye it is hard to notice any changes inside engine bay. Once all properly cleaned it will look almost like OEM

Just a few revs with new camshafts and car feels completely different on throttle than with OEM cam. Since we still didn't tuned the car on dyno I haven't tested it aside of reving it. But Rpm needle is jumping much faster with this cams and throttle is reacting instantly on touch.

Cant wait to hit the dyno and test acceleration and behaviour of the car

IMG_20180127_164510.thumb.jpg.09f3b4678933b46f78bd01e0834cbd40.jpg

VID_20180127_164320.mp4

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Interesting those magnets for the oil filter, never quite know if they've worked or not. With a conventional filter, removal of the filter might be tough with the brace still attached.

Have no idea, I've heard for them so I decided to give them a try. 

On next oil change I will cut oil filter with grinder so will see if they manage to hold any metal particles

2 hours ago, EzeePzee said:

Looking good and very stealth engine bay! :-)

Thanks 

It was my aim to keep all clean and as much as possible OEM.

Few bits remain to round up all. 1 OCC mount i need to paint in black. But now is all about minor details.

Once i complete all i will make a proper cleaning with degreaser and high pressure wash and make few pics

Edited by Snjur
  • Like 1

D day done. What a crazy day. Woke up this morning and there was 5 inch of snow outside. Cool

It was a lot of fun driving around with Yokohamas Ad08R on freezing temperatures

Goal achieved 702 bhp and 780 nm of torque 

Attaching a video of a sound of thunder down under

That's all folks

IMG_20180207_095833.jpg

IMG_20180207_155201.jpg

IMG_20180207_162137.jpg

VID_20180207_164132.mp4

• Haha 1

Weather sucks to make a proper test drive. 

First impressions are awsome with new cams. Car feels much more responsive from "basement" and torque gains much better throughout rpm's.

Since temperature was close to freezing i haven't tried out flooring the pedal.

From this small drive i had I have a feeling im driving a car with enormous displacement NA engine under the hood.

It's really responsive from down and already from 3000 rpm you can feel the torque