350z Greddy Twin Turbo Croatia

Snjur

Massive thanks to friends, yesterday I've sent damaged spring via bus to capital, this morning by noon new springs where fabricated and I'm expecting them this evening again around 7pm by bus. Tomorrow morning should be ready for the road

IMG-20180620-WA0013.jpg

• Like 1

Cars looking great!

Bad luck with that spring failing, not the sort of thing you expect but you definitely have the kind of friends we all want that turn around a fix so quickly for you!! Looks like you've added a few spares to the order.......always a good move! 

• Like 1

This isn't definitely my week. After hanging out last night with buddy's prior parking on a public parking lot I've noticed I can't close driver side window. I was mad, mad.

Of course to make things more fun heavy gusts of wind and rain where expected over night and during morning.

At 0200 am and couple of drinks after there was no point bothering anybody I've just left if over night on parking lot and hope for the best.

This morning i asked a buddy to open a garage (public holiday in Croatia) so we took door card and start investing. After giving a kick to a motor with wrench window woul go up and work. If we lower it all the way down it would stuck.

So bit of Google and Youtube and we went with this turitorial and problem was sold. Unlike on video we took all motor out and thoroughly cleaned it

• Like 1

Let me write up a small review after some 800 miles of driving during last week in mix road conditions. 

Major changes to car where Kelford Cams (Turbo) stage 1, Vibra-technics engin and gerbox mounts, Whiteline sway bars front and rear plus few new bushings on rear end and different Geo settings.

After a chat with member RobS and 350z Butcher I decided to go with 2° of negative camber on front and rear, with parallel toe on front and bit of toe in on rear.

This has shown to be a massive game changer on how the car feels and steers now, minding as well above mentioned changes.

I thinks ARB plus engine mounts have been the best upgrade I've done so far.

The most noticeable things is sharpness of front end and how car stick to the given line. It really wants to tuck into cornes without any delay or understeer and the lines are sharp and precise.

Rear end was alway nervous before and was unsettling car on accelerations quite a lot. This problem is now behind us.

I did a drive with a buddy whos has a dream job of driving and maintaining few fancy rides such as 911R, 1M etc...

Comparing Z with 911 is pointless but he was positively surprised what progress we done with car stability and how does car behave and stick's to road now. Getting words of praise from him is always a good reference.

On a winding country roads car is awesom. Very precise very easy to control. Exit corners are a lot of fun since rear end has been settled now.

Only down side I would dare to say is shear power of car.

Since most of the driving is done from 4500 rpm above reaction of car on gas pedal is immediate. Transition from vacuum to boost is not noticable at all but a power that comes with boost is abnormal. 

Overtakes or fast exits really keep you busy as kick in the back and how car feels that is airborne on acceleration in 4 gear above 5k rpm really give you something to think about. Good control of rear foot is key.

All in all very very fast car and dangerous if not respected.

• Like 1

Glad you're happy with the new chassis set up!

With that and 700hp in place you have created and build a true weapon!! I honestly can't imagine my car with double the horsepower and torque......what an incredible build!

" All in all very very fast car and dangerous if not respected" ........so so true I'm sure!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, 350Butcher said:

Do like the pic at launch with nose up, ass down stance showing weight transfer pushing the rear tyres into the ground!!

What 1/4 mile times did you achieve?

Not so good. Thing is we do not have real dragstrips, mostly event's are held on abandoned air fileds or any 1 mile plus piece of flat tarmac which can be found. So grip was quite bad.

Best time was 12.2 on 1/4 mile with first 2 gears being useless. ECU was cutting so much power that I had feeling im stuck in place. After engaging into 3 rd gear car would just propelled itself like rocket.

It needed adjustments for better time, reducing boost in first to gears and so which I didn't have time to bother about.

2 days before this event I had a track day so geometry settings where quite agressive with camber on rear which didn't help in grip and putting power to the ground.

I went there mainly for fun as buddies had large tent installed, open fire for grill cold beer, what more you could ask.

• Like 1

Great to hear about how the car has shaped up !

I know chassis wise we're quite similar, and I have to agree about how the car turns and does what you're asking it to. At Anglesey a few weeks back I did manage to get a tiny bit of understeer, however I think that was several laps in and just me turning in too hard (just Pilot Sport 4).

Your car sounds pretty brutal from your account, haha almost like 500/550 hp would have been enough :D

48 minutes ago, RobPhoboS said:

Great to hear about how the car has shaped up !

I know chassis wise we're quite similar, and I have to agree about how the car turns and does what you're asking it to. At Anglesey a few weeks back I did manage to get a tiny bit of understeer, however I think that was several laps in and just me turning in too hard (just Pilot Sport 4).

Your car sounds pretty brutal from your account, haha almost like 500/550 hp would have been enough :D

Yeah had on last track day few of those "understeers" but in my case I think cause was that I was trying too much.

I've noticed just a touch on gas pedal a car immediately tucks back in into turn.

I'm lacking track experience so mainly first half of track day I just trying "too much".

Since this is final set-up on chasis I still haven't explored it properly and got familiar of it capabilities.

Definitely car has change a lot in positive way and is much sharper on steering.

As far as car power goes it is just holding me back at track. I reckon on this track 450-500 bhp would be more than enough.

Once you start flooring the pedal car is so fast, corner's are so close, you jeed to brake like maniac causing car to be all over the place.

Good thing on other hand is that mainly in track i do not need yo go over 6500 rpm. A lot of grunt from 4500-6000 rpm to set some OK times without temperatures going wild.

Another thing is seat height of my Sparco R100 on rails and low mount frames. I'm missing an inch of clearance with helmet on and is making me crazy. I need to fold back seat and once there i do not feel so comfortable behind the wheel

• Like 1

12.2 1/4 mile time while spinning the wheels through 1st and 2nd is a very fast time! Totally agree on its just enjoying a day out with the car and friends that important! For me there's never any champagne spraying after being out on track its all about having a good time!

Re chassis set up, definitely think next on your list to improve things further is the front upper arms. Adding caster adjustment gives you increased negative camber on the outside wheel as you turn in to the corner which makes the tyre bite in more and combats further the understeer! With such a heavy car its never gonna go completely if you're a bit keep to throw it in to a corner but smooth wheel inputs on turn in, so's to not transfer the weight too quick and overcome the grip, get the front hooked up then drive out under power and let it lean on the outside rear is what I try for. Get on the power a bit early and it can push the front wide instead. Stiffen the rear anti roll bar and firm up the rear shocks gradually till the rear begins want to play if it wants to understeer too much.

4 hours ago, 350Butcher said:

12.2 1/4 mile time while spinning the wheels through 1st and 2nd is a very fast time! Totally agree on its just enjoying a day out with the car and friends that important! For me there's never any champagne spraying after being out on track its all about having a good time!

Re chassis set up, definitely think next on your list to improve things further is the front upper arms. Adding caster adjustment gives you increased negative camber on the outside wheel as you turn in to the corner which makes the tyre bite in more and combats further the understeer! With such a heavy car its never gonna go completely if you're a bit keep to throw it in to a corner but smooth wheel inputs on turn in, so's to not transfer the weight too quick and overcome the grip, get the front hooked up then drive out under power and let it lean on the outside rear is what I try for. Get on the power a bit early and it can push the front wide instead. Stiffen the rear anti roll bar and firm up the rear shocks gradually till the rear begins want to play if it wants to understeer too much.

Not happy as I was looking to enter 11 sec as I did exactly 12.0 few years back while i had Crappysworth cam's up with bank 1 and bank 2 difference. But it was on different track though.

ARB are set on softest from 2 available at front and on rear is in Middle. Comparing to OEM goood improvement.

As far as uper control arm I do have Kinetix front upper arms but their max camber angel is -2°

On rear I have theirs Traction and Toe arms. 

I think I will need to go with upgrade of those as they are a decent product for not too much modified car.

Since all of my suspension components are hugely modified something more serious is needed.

I wouldn't like to throw now fortune on it so what do you suggest would be best bang for buck

Edited by Snjur

Suppose you can only compare times at same venues as running on different surfaces are like different tyres for 1\4 mile runs. We always just wanna go faster though!

All setting are personal of course but I'm softest of 2 on the front and hardest of 3 on the rear with Eibachs, I know you're on different bars so not sure where we're at with comparing the two. The oem bars must be very soft though as changing them does make a huge difference.

The SPL arms allow up to -4 degrees (measured on car dependent on ride height) and allow an extra degree on caster but they do come at a price! I personally think if you're wanting to improve the front end for track work you can justify the price as they contribute so much to aiding front end grip. SPL have just changed to a billett arm (V4) for the 350z, not sure if that's bumped the price higher or maybe there's some deals around on the V3 arms as a result!?

image.png.7f571cffcff20505aa7ec13125ed7845.png

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, Snjur said:

Disappointment yesterday!

Something you don't want to see from a 1.5k gbp price tag suspension and barely used aprox 3k miles. Disaster!

All 4 of Meister's GT1's coilovers are leaking

Agreed! That's definitely not what you want to see, especially given how little work they've done.

However.......Do get in touch with the manufacturer though as I've never read a bad word on their after sales and I'm sure they'll get the issue sorted with as little agro as possible for you. (Given its all got to come off and you're in Croatia that is a lot of agro though!) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 350Butcher said:

Agreed! That's definitely not what you want to see, especially given how little work they've done.

However.......Do get in touch with the manufacturer though as I've never read a bad word on their after sales and I'm sure they'll get the issue sorted with as little agro as possible for you. (Given its all got to come off and you're in Croatia that is a lot of agro though!) 

Still leaves a bitter taste. If 1 or 2 were faulty I can understand but all 4 in let say max 3k miles is really disappointing. I don't know what to expect in future, will this be sorted out now properly. I'm bit dull at the moment.

Car was on geometry when we found out this. Labour to take it down, shipping lost time. Again installation labour, geometry etc.

Im looking in best case im out for 2 weeks

31 minutes ago, Snjur said:

Still leaves a bitter taste. If 1 or 2 were faulty I can understand but all 4 in let say max 3k miles is really disappointing. I don't know what to expect in future, will this be sorted out now properly. I'm bit dull at the moment.

Car was on geometry when we found out this. Labour to take it down, shipping lost time. Again installation labour, geometry etc.

Im looking in best case im out for 2 weeks

Don't get me wrong, I'd be fuming about it and asking all the same questions of quality and fit for purpose that you are.

What I was trying to get at is that it adds insult to injury when you hear of these sort of things and then there's poor or no after sales to deal with it but I believe this will not be the case with Meister so I'd get an email sent over to them as a first thing.

Hope it gets sorted swiftly and effectively for you.

1 hour ago, 350Butcher said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd be fuming about it and asking all the same questions of quality and fit for purpose that you are.

What I was trying to get at is that it adds insult to injury when you hear of these sort of things and then there's poor or no after sales to deal with it but I believe this will not be the case with Meister so I'd get an email sent over to them as a first thing.

Hope it gets sorted swiftly and effectively for you.

Packed them this afternoon and sent via air to UK.

Will keep here how things develop. 

• 1 year later...

So it's been a while since i post here. Basically it was a lot of tiny things that build up over the time and I got into some love/hate relationship with Z.

Windows started giving me issues, then Meister GT1 leaked, then center console was not aligning properly, last track day I notice I'm having issues with oil cooling, I bought Work Emotion from Steve here and they were rubbing arches, than I had hard time getting wheel alignment on Kinetix toe and control arms plus Energy suspension bushings inside of them didn't last long and there no other bushing option, on TD i had issue with head room with helmet on. The list was long. So took it to a best mane garage, - 2 floor and left it there. From time to time I would peak on it in that shady corner of garage just to see it and he wouldn't feel abandoned.

So I focused another things. Hooning around with motorcycle, took daily Ford Fiesta ST150 who end up being complete nightmare, almost complete engine overhaul, put some tuning parts which supposed to give me that famous 200 bhp mark, in the end ended on 162. Nightmare. I have a proper expensive but slowly daily.

Things move with Z, so got Meister back after claim, took rear diff brace, SPL upgrades for front arms together with Strongflex bushings, Driftworks front arms (which had error, thumb's up to guys for quick replacement) and rear control toe and traction arms, all on uniball's. Than decided to follow my best man route and put new oil cooler on top of IC. He tested with his Nismo front bumper and results were excellent. I was looking going Nismo route too but I will stick with my own custom bumper. It's unique. New oil cooler has better designed cooling chamber and flow of air is much better on top of IC than behind of it. Also i will be installing Methanol system with progressive injection, which will be "stealth" as the rest of the build, 13 liter tank and pump will be in spare tyre compartment plus a bunch of safety features in case things go south. Looking 750 bhp plus figure

So mainly that's it. IMG-20200327-WA0075.jpg.311ba2481d027460554fe7c5f704c59f.jpg

IMG-20200307-WA0051.jpg

IMG-20200307-WA0052.jpg

IMG-20200307-WA0055.jpg

IMG-20200309-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20200309-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20200309-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20200310-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20200310-WA0035.jpg

IMG-20200314-WA0027.jpg

IMG-20200318-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20200318-WA0037.jpg

IMG-20200320-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20200326-WA0062.jpg

IMG-20200327-WA0033.jpg

IMG-20200327-WA0030.jpg

IMG-20200327-WA0083.jpg

IMG-20200327-WA0084.jpg

IMG_20200327_221019.jpg

Edited by Snjur
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, da.murf said:

Enjoyed reading your updates. Any videos of it in action? Must be brutal acceleration! Did meister look after you ok ?

Yeah didn't have issue they offered me some upgraded seal. This was part of their first batches with lifetime warranty. I think on new models warranty is limited. I have few videos from old set-up where I had cosworth aka Crappysworth cams with defect.

This was 3 gear pull from 100 km/h.

Hopefully should have a new video in couple of months

• Like 1