350z Greddy Twin Turbo Croatia

Snjur

9 minutes ago, RobPhoboS said:

Awesome stuff, and respect for taking out a 700bhp car in the snow :lol::wacko:

Thanks mate. It was stronger than me hahahaha. 

Actually odds are always against me. I was awaiting KN filters from UK which ordered 2 weeks ago. Usually shipping from UK to Croatia is 3-4. This time it took 10 days. Most probably seller didn't have them on stock and he ordered in another shop or supplier of course which he didn't mention to me.

In mean time from sunny 15 degrees weather changed to 0 and snow last couple of days.

I was really hoping i will be able to do tune and test drive before snow

Like this i doubt any proper test drive before April as I'm due for work abroad

• Like 1

I couldn't resist not to test new set up. Road was dry, sunny afternoon some 6 degrees temperature of air.

Car goes insane. I didn't have confidence to floor it all the way down in 3rd gear. I did a pull from 4th gear on 4000 rpm till full 5th with flat shift. Absolutely insane. It's been long since I got intimidated by car. 

Im still awaiting my duck tail from body shop

IMG_20180209_154852.jpg

IMG_20180209_181301.jpg

IMG_20180209_181434.jpg

IMG_20180209_181355.jpg

IMG_20180209_181506.jpg

Edited by Snjur
  • Like 1

been watching this build for some time now and I got to say those are some impressive numbers

considering how a standard Zed behaves when the road is just a tiny bit wet I can only imagine what yours is like,I wouldn't even dare to go close to it in the weather conditions you got there

anyway well done for all the work and do get that clip on here 

:thumbs:

• Like 1

Thanks on all comments.

I reckon this is it as far as modifications goes. I don't see any more point in power enhancement. This is scary enough.

From start of this build I wanted a car that can be used daily mainly and a car that can attend track days and be competitive.

Goal was to have a car on regular "pump gas" Im not a fan of methanol or ethanol.

Also I didn't want to lose grunt of torque from low and mid range for benefit of top end power and high bhp figures.

Although this kit is rated for 800 bhp im quite happy with mine figure's as i didn't sacrifice any of low end torque.

Only downside is that we ditch AC for better cooling.

Car is really usable in every day driving and can cruise at ease in low speeds. 

Actually unless you flor the pedal i dare to say it's regular natural aspirated Z.

Usually when I drive someone who isn't aware of mods they have no clue that car is boosted.

Im really happy on job what we done, there was no failure's in this 20k miles (few track days, quarter mile races) I did so far and car i coping quite well with this power.

I think from now on i will just enjoy driving on road trips and detailing.

Edited by Snjur
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, StevoD said:

wheels suit yours so much more than mine

They really do. I was sceptical in the beginning and even before they landed i made few enquiries for re-painting them. 

They look awesome in person. 

13 minutes ago, Kieran O'Quick said:

I love a crazy engine bay but it's great how stock yours looks. No coloured pipes or chrome, nice bit of anti-style. :thumbs: 

Thanks although in the beginning I had a wish to go with bling bling engine bay with shiny and colourful lines, fittings, silicone hoses I ended up with quest of building completely "sleeper" type of engine bay.

Funny now as people who have insight to this build or have heard about the car first Impression when they see the car is  wow looks cool (here Z is not so common or popular so it has a  bling effect) and second is can I see the engine bay and than silence. Following with disappointment and than sentences like

But this doesn't look like tuned car, are you sure on that horsepower, where are turbines, this is kind of stock etc...

I didn't want to draw attention on MOT's or with police. I passed MOT without they figured out car was boosted

Beautiful car. And that paint is so classy. I think the wheels ruin the outside. I didn't like them on Stevos either. But if you paint them a darker shade of gunmetal than your car they'd look amazing.

700bhp is a great figure. I want videos, too. You ever gonna take it to the 'ring and meet up with a few of us?

Im getting a manual boost controller soon. No point in getting an electronic one....I'll be running Syvecs by summer. 

Hopefully should see 550bhp without too much fuss. 380bhp at 3psi at moment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TT350 said:

Beautiful car. And that paint is so classy. I think the wheels ruin the outside. I didn't like them on Stevos either. But if you paint them a darker shade of gunmetal than your car they'd look amazing.

700bhp is a great figure. I want videos, too. You ever gonna take it to the 'ring and meet up with a few of us?

Im getting a manual boost controller soon. No point in getting an electronic one....I'll be running Syvecs by summer. 

Hopefully should see 550bhp without too much fuss. 380bhp at 3psi at moment.

Thanks for kind words. For time being im tired of modifications. It still remains to finish rear end with TS diffuser and Chargespeed bottom line rear add on's. Wheels for the moment I will leave like this so when i get tired of colour will do some darker like black or gun metal as I really want to say im done with mods and just enjoy a car for a bit

Ring I would like to visit but due to nature of my job I don't know if that will be possible with your date's set

Although I'm planning to visit Red Bull ring in Austria mid to end May.

Im glad after all up's and downs you had that your build has move in right direction and I don't doubt after all it will be awsome TT project too. I see lately that twin turbo's are back in game again

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After a chat with RobS I've decided to try Vibra-technics engine mounts together with gearbox mount. Really hoping to see what will be end result and how much they will reduce engine movements and  vibrations.

Massive thanks to Chris from @Tarmac@TarmacSportz who stepped in an ordered this for me as i had hard time reaching Vibra-technics.

nis230m_nis232mx_991.jpg

wp_20170322_12_25_59_pro_1354.jpg

Another gadget on the way and will follow up with pictures when in car.

In my case it will replace battery voltmeter. Someone who likes can change all 3 OEM analog clusters for digital. It will be programmed to show Oil temperature, AFR but can actually show almost everything as it is connected straight to Haltech. 

Buddy is think if there will be enough interest to produce a version which can be connected to Stock ECUIMG-20180408-WA0027.jpg.1098a411cf2cf8fb34a1e50962112248.jpg

IMG-20180408-WA0028.jpg

And few pictures how it looks on buddy's console.

If anyone is interested in such I can hook you up with buddy.

For now is plug and play for Haltech units and if enough interest is shown he can develop for stock ECU

IMG-20180408-WA0037.jpg

IMG-20180408-WA0039.jpg

Edited by Snjur

2 hours ago, Snjur said:

And few pictures how it looks on buddy's console.

If anyone is interested in such I can hook you up with buddy.

For now is plug and play for Haltech units and if enough interest is shown he can develop for stock ECU

IMG-20180408-WA0037.jpg

IMG-20180408-WA0039.jpg

That's awsome 

37 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

Just looked they are well priced 

Do they hold you about better than stock ? 

Hm well not much. I got the pair for 600 euros with delivery. 

I think it's a fair price for "branded" seat's unless you want to go with less popular brands.

In terms of stability and holding yes, bit better than OEM but not a huge improvement as I did order without talking measurements. So i guess if you do proper homework you can find appropriate size. For me main factor was to reduce seat height as I have issues on track days with helemt on. Scraping the roof.

With 4 point seatbelts they will provide exact needed hold for track days.

I did wanted to go Recaro Pole Position bucket seat but at the time i didn't have cash for pair. Maybe in future.