Who's the youngest?

Bobby D

I'm 25 and will be 26 in a few weeks, just got a renewal for £494. The first sub-£500 premium I've had!

Just reached the point where road tax (sorry, 'Vehicle licence fund') is more than my insurance.

I'm just curious, as I could (now just renewed my policy) - I'm 23, 6 years no claims, Admiral, mods inc, break down cover - £650 for the year, fully comp.

However I pay monthly, which is £90 a month, which comes close to around £1k this year.

So I'm interested to see all these people saying they got cheap insurance, have you really though? Or are you paying monthly.

• Like 1

I'm just curious, as I could (now just renewed my policy) - I'm 23, 6 years no claims, Admiral, mods inc, break down cover - £650 for the year, fully comp.

However I pay monthly, which is £90 a month, which comes close to around £1k this year.

So I'm interested to see all these people saying they got cheap insurance, have you really though? Or are you paying monthly.

It couldn't just be down to the areas you live in could it, because since making this thread, my younger brother has phoned a few of these companies mentioned and couldn't get any where near the prices some of the other 20 - 23 year olds are getting!!!

Where talking silly money and he's got 2 years no claims and is 20!

We have had a 17 year old driving his mum's UY GT4 on a Wales weekend (and as an aside he had been instrumental in making some excellent upgrades on the car).

Car in this pic and (forgot his name) in the check shirt.

P1060040_zpsc65f13f3.jpg

And to be fair his driving was of a very high standard - both quick and safe. But I believe that was with a one-off insurance arrangement that nowadays may be impossible to get.

My neighbour opposite has a V6 A4 and moved literally three streets away, about 4 minutes walk, and his insurance premium doubled. It is a bit of a farce insurance premiums because they put so much weight on postcode, it only takes a couple of issues with reports of cars being stolen in your postcode to suddenly make the algorithm go mental. Pretty sure insurance premium algorithms were put together in the 80s by a bunch of GCSE students and have been left running to their own devices ever since.

I had a 1.1 Polo banger as a first car, insurance was £600 per year annual paid up front, that was back in 1992...

• 1 month later...

I'm 22 paying £2000 in London with Adrian Flux! No points, 3 years no claims too! Was with elephant/admiral previously and had to make two separate non fault claims at different times and experience was shocking to say the least. I would not recommend them at all I have told everyone that. Might be cheaper but you will get done over when it comes to claiming for even a non fault accident! Just my 2p worth lol

That's what she 'Zed' :-/

I'm 22 paying £2000 in London with Adrian Flux! No points, 3 years no claims too! Was with elephant/admiral previously and had to make two separate non fault claims at different times and experience was shocking to say the least. I would not recommend them at all I have told everyone that. Might be cheaper but you will get done over when it comes to claiming for even a non fault accident! Just my 2p worth lol

Had the exact same problem with Admiral myself (at the age of 23 as well). It's currently with the financial ombudsman! Their services are shocking.

Had the exact same problem with Admiral myself (at the age of 23 as well). It's currently with the financial ombudsman! Their services are shocking.

I had to get the ombudsman involved too haha! In the end I had to pay a fee for an engineer because they sent a check for repairs and cancelled any other work that I was booked in for. I would rather pay the extra than go with them again

Got my Zed 3 days before my 23rd birthday. Insurance is with Elephant and around £1800 with 3 years no claims and a clean licence. Comparing with some of the others here, I guess that's what having an L postcode does to your premium...

• Like 1