Shezza's zed time story

SHEZZA

• 3 weeks later...

Got the wheels back from refurbishment a couple of weeks ago with some nice new MPSS all round and flush fitting valves. I polished the centre caps as these couldn't be diamond cut, then got back on the car.

465cf6606ebd02cb07ca5cea38c1c3d4_zpsdtz7nizb.jpg

Then added the all important nismo decals that I'd bought from a member in anticipation of this back in December.

6617915a21abd9fe2997582b2180a7af_zpsqu3nsv7z.jpg

All ready for LakeZ 2015

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Niice! This is a good benchmark for my kuro GT, although I have to pick another engine bay colour other than red now so I'm not copying! I'm surprised how much difference the front splitter makes, its definitely a consideration for me now, instead of a whole new front bumper :thumbs:

• Like 1

Niice! This is a good benchmark for my kuro GT, although I have to pick another engine bay colour other than red now so I'm not copying! I'm surprised how much difference the front splitter makes, its definitely a consideration for me now, instead of a whole new front bumper :thumbs:

Cheers buddy. Front splitters do make a nice addition to the bumper and there's plenty to choose from. Though mine is a complete Nismo V1 bumper, but you can get Nismo style splitters. I like the mines style one myself and would have that if I didn't have the Nismo bumper.

Hey Mark, you've got a crackin' lookin' zed there pal, it looks spot on. You should be proud of it!

Been lookin' at those pics at Bala Lake when you were parked up next to me and mine looks crap compared.

I was originally looking for black but ended up with a night blue. Have got some Teins here ready to fit but gonna get some 19" Varrstoens so should improve looks a bit.

Even so, I do like your zed, oh yes I do!

• Like 1

Hey Mark, you've got a crackin' lookin' zed there pal, it looks spot on. You should be proud of it!

Been lookin' at those pics at Bala Lake when you were parked up next to me and mine looks crap compared.

I was originally looking for black but ended up with a night blue. Have got some Teins here ready to fit but gonna get some 19" Varrstoens so should improve looks a bit.

Even so, I do like your zed, oh yes I do!

Cheers Steve I'am indeed and those pics you took at Bala lake made it look awesome! Yeah getting yours lowered a bit and some 19" with right offset to fill the arches will do the trick. Loved the look of Dans zed as I followed him around Wales with his lowered on his new wheels looked spot on.

• Like 1

Looks spot on shezza :thumbs:

Cheers ZEUS . I'd love to do your headlight mod but haven't got the guts to split them.

It is a bit scary the first time especially when you melt one and have to ask Zmanalex to help you out with a replacement! :lol:

Looks spot on shezza :thumbs:

Cheers ZEUS . I'd love to do your headlight mod but haven't got the guts to split them.

It is a bit scary the first time especially when you melt one and have to ask Zmanalex to help you out with a replacement! :lol:

Haha no way! I'll give it a miss then. I Fancy some facelift ones, though there a little dear!

Cheers buddy. Front splitters do make a nice addition to the bumper and there's plenty to choose from. Though mine is a complete Nismo V1 bumper, but you can get Nismo style splitters. I like the mines style one myself and would have that if I didn't have the Nismo bumper.

My eyes are painted on! My excuse, its a subtle change, looks lovely though :)

Is it a genuine v1? How much did you pay? I'm after a v2, but the bank says...no.

My eyes are painted on! My excuse, its a subtle change, looks lovely though :)

Is it a genuine v1? How much did you pay? I'm after a v2, but the bank says...no.

Yes it's a full genuine factory fitted aero kit which was on the car when I bought it. Doubt you'll get genuine these days, after market ones are about £300 from the likes of RT performance.

• 4 weeks later...

Another year on. P2 service and MOT done today thanks to Mitz and Andy great service as usual cheers guys. Always look forward to my visits and today was like a mini meet too with five others zeds and members there too one of which was Ken who was having trouble with his nuts ( wheel locking ones that is! ) haha. Went for lunch whilst three of us was waiting for Mitz and Andy to do there magic and had a good chat about zeds as you do. Cracking little day.

Had this little sucker fitted whilst the service was done. A small Mod I know.

image_zpsmkshp5bg.jpg

• 2 months later...

Ughh! I just had one of those Plato moments. You know, when you realise that you know just enough to understand how little you know!

A great read. Going to bed one G&T too many later, but inspired.

Cheers edenc

Trust me though I'm no mechanic, but reading the guides on here gave me the confidence to have a go at a few bits and bobs.

Edited by SHEZZA

Another little mod completed this evening and one that Id been after for awhile so when this cropped up on eBay it had to be done. Having already been imported from the states I didn't have to pay any fees either so that was a bonus.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/252125497051

Turns out the seller is a member on here too so it made for an easy transaction and he put a couple of other free goodies in with it too ! Cheers Tom.

E2633F47-63DA-44B5-989E-19FB3587C5BA_zpse5rjfnqr.jpg

6E0CD802-6794-4DBC-BDD5-33383330C707_zpsktjg4inw.jpg

Basically it's a piece of duct which directs air from lower down in the front grill to the induction kit where the oem air box would have been.

Edited by SHEZZA
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...

Hi Shezza, is there any manufacturer's name on the air duct? I want one!

I was thinking of constructing one, because I don't like the vents cut through the bumper,

but it would be a lot easier just to buy one that fits.

Made in the USA according to the eBay listing.

OK - Looks like it is an EVO-R Performance Cold Air Intake Duct, 03-06 350Z available from http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/350z09b/11-2960

Edited by GrahameJ

Yep that's the one.

I didn't fancy cutting a hole in my genuine nismo bumper so this is Ideal. Best to remove the bumper to fit though. I managed it by taking the under tray off and feeding it in from there, but it was a tight squeeze.

Hi Shezza, is there any manufacturer's name on the air duct? I want one!

I was thinking of constructing one, because I don't like the vents cut through the bumper,

but it would be a lot easier just to buy one that fits.

Made in the USA according to the eBay listing.

OK - Looks like it is an EVO-R Performance Cold Air Intake Duct, 03-06 350Z available from http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/350z09b/11-2960

• 1 month later...

Finally after the long winter and now the evenings after work being lighter it's given me chance to finally do a few more bits to the engine bay. I removed the plenum to fit a red anodised wasso spacer also fitted a new plenum gasket while that was off too and cleaned out the lower collector as there was a small amount of pooling oil. Then to the best of my ability sprayed the plenum and throttle body gloss black and refitted using what was left of the stainless bolts and red anodised washers that I'd bought from Paddy's group buy last year. Also fitted a mishimoto compact baffled oil catch can too, to prevent any further pooling of oil.

CB06AFF8-E673-4726-8EA0-06F336C80D4F_zpsidwzbbho.jpg

• Like 5