Shezza's zed time story

SHEZZA

^^ Very nice. :D

Definitely ditch "the ring" sticker though imo, ...especially if you haven't been. :lol:;)

Maybe the cars been? A bit of provenance?

Regardless of where the car's been I still wouldn't have one on unless I'd actually been on it.

Bit of history yes but still, ...one of my old mans old cars a TVR Cerbera had been on the Autobahn in Germany but he still wouldn't have stuck a German sticker on the boot. ;)

^^ Very nice. :D

Definitely ditch "the ring" sticker though imo, ...especially if you haven't been. :lol:;)

Maybe the cars been? A bit of provenance?

Regardless of where the car's been I still wouldn't have one on unless I'd actually been on it.

Bit of history yes but still, ...one of my old mans old cars a TVR Cerbera had been on the Autobahn in Germany but he still wouldn't have stuck a German sticker on the boot. ;)

So if you were to buy, say, a Jackie Stewart F1 car that had his livery, or a Le Mans winner, you would strip it all off?

So if you were to buy, say, a Jackie Stewart F1 car that had his livery, or a Le Mans winner, you would strip it all off?

Thats a completely different ballgame compared to a little sticker of the nurburgring!

Cars looking good though Shezza! B)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Back from the body shop  with a HR bulge bonnet ! genuine oem clear reflectors and nismo decals sourced from the states, satin Z burgers and a de-plinthed number plate with forum and my member name on them. Pic on the way to shelsley Walsh meet a week after picking up. 

IMG_0214.JPG

Then after the paint  had time to cure it was time for a trip to max protect for a full correction detail and a ultimate nano coat. IMG_0438.thumb.JPG.8c2d9782d32ad41233ef4824bb3b272a.JPG

And a bit of beadage !

IMG_0556.thumb.JPG.8769c680dabd5062d734fd14f5790727.JPG

Edited by SHEZZA
  • Like 1

Cheers mate.

Wheel refurb next, then I'm done !

Famous last words :)

I said that and ended up fitting a new bodykit and still got a few more items to fit :lol:

Haha I no ! Louise said only last night " you've finished then " I said well for now at least ! Haha

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been meaning to do this for awhile and since it was such nice morning thought I'd have a crack at. For awhile now my drivers side window has been closing too high and eventually split the rubber seal on the wing mirror bracket triangle causing an annoying whistling noise whilst driving and since Wales is coming up I wanted to fix this as I do a bit of in car fliming and it interfears with the sound.

Replacement bought last year !

IMG_0293.thumb.JPG.84d499f327381e1805eba598f7ebcb79.JPG

Door card stripped off as per guides found on here, tweeter triangle removed, wing mirror removed only held on with three nuts and wiring plugged in. Then triangle removed held in with two bolts and a nut, I found when removing this being carful twisting it around it pulled straight up and out more easy.

IMG_0283.thumb.JPG.17a854a3e7188d51c06a419f205d78f4.JPG

Old split wing mirror bracket triangle

IMG_0286.thumb.JPG.e5366e9007046b1e2b38a9dcb11f69e9.JPG

All put back together and window reset carried out and jobs a good un. Not so much of a guide just a little wright up on my time with the zed as we grow old together and cracks start to appear ! Haha

IMG_0288.thumb.JPG.1f81366ae8b97a1920d72c041734dfd6.JPG

Edited by SHEZZA

• 5 weeks later...

Recently bought an engine bay bolt set from Paddy's group buy as previous ones were rusting and a Tanabe strut brace from Chris at Tarmacsportz.

Made a start tonight fitting some of the bolts and the strut brace, plenum bolts next but that needs some attention first. Decisions, decisions ?

IMG_0233.thumb.JPG.93e278cbabccff6cdffa8abf70e64dc7.JPG

Edited by SHEZZA
  • Like 7

Tanabe brace looks lovely - doing the plenum in a similar colour would be a nice alternative to chrome?

Cheers Cal I'm not goin down the polished look so spraying it was my thoughts too.

a gloss black plenum would look good... not sure if its possible

Hmmmm that's a thought.

Well today I took my LMGT4 wheels to be refurbished, so whilst the car is up in the air I got down to replacing the rear brakes. Nothing fancy just some OEM Brembo discs and pads. Did fancy some slotted discs (for looks mainly )but being a total newb last year Id already replaced the fronts with OEM so wasn't changing them again just yet. I'd managed to get the rears cheap from Germany to match thanks to a forum member over there. I don't track the car so these are fine for me anyway.

No wheels on my wagon.

IMG_0419.thumb.JPG.969242393d97d101d3d2064a2f58421e.JPG

Old disc, didn't look too bad.

IMG_0422.thumb.JPG.143a2f5530903c158bcd6222267a16f6.JPG

The rear of the disc however.

IMG_0423.thumb.JPG.9e32270206a5aee57ecbfc12d9727155.JPG

New discs and pads fitted. Callipers cleaned, even rubbed down the disc shields and gave them a coat of paint to freshen them up.

IMG_0427.thumb.JPG.02e4d61641c272adf99b6c87a13cb06a.JPG

Zeditis is a never ending story ! Haha

Edited by SHEZZA