If not a modded zed then what?

ViperGas

Hello

I've been looking for a good looking and affordable performance coupe for some time. I have the 313 model in mind which I consider to be a lot of car for the money but and am considering to install a sc.

The cost of a low milage zed is about £10000

The cost of a super charger capable of circa 400bhp (no internal mods) is what? £4000

If this is the case the total cost is about £14000.

So here's my question. Some members on here have hinted it would be better to buy a different car with a stock engine already capable of similar performance.

...what would you get?

Cheers

VP

The cost of a supercharger for the HR with the supporting mods you'd need is a little more than £4K as Stevo mentioned. :dry:

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/93320-torqen-lowest-price-350z-hr-07-08-stillen-supercharger-custom-package/

So let's say £14K-£16K then give or take to be more realistic. Just about enough to get you a 2006/07 Audi RS4 4.2 (415bhp) that does 0-60 in around 4.9 secs so pretty decent performance there with the added bonus of 4wd & some more seats. ;)

OP, when you say you want performance, do you want straight line speed or handling as well? As nice as the RS4 is, a Zed or the obvious M3 (46 or 90) handles better, so would be quicker round a circuit, for example.

Regardless, £16K gets you into an M6. That'll demolish a 400bhp Zed or an RS4 without breaking sweat, and plus you have one of the last great V10 road engines in there too.

• Like 1

So far some good suggestions!

But for me as an over all package..style...handling...power...fun...the zed still stands out. Although the BMW M3 or the 335i two door might be a viable alternative since one can be picked up very cheap.

What are your personal preferences?

Charging the HR is quite expensive, £7k min for self install if you do it on a budget, but realistically you won't get much change from £8-9k. It will be a lot cheaper to go for an earlier model and do it. The Zed handles well out the box, but improves massively with a few suspension tweaks.

Like Ekona said, the M6 is a awesome machine for little money and will destroy most things on the road! And the 335i and M3 can be picked up for similar money. Depends what you are after at the end of the day, everyone has a BMW these days the Z is something you don't see many of.