Which bluetooth OBD2 reader for 370Z

Jack Carter

Thinking of getting an OBD2 reader that will work with an iphone via bluetooth, possibly to work with Dashcommand which I've read about on this forum.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a suitable bluetooth reader for the 370z ?

Cheers :thumbs:

Edited by Jack Carter

Why won't bluetooth work with an IOS device ? The Ebay links above all state that they will work via bluetooth :unsure:

None of them state that at all: They're all WiFi dongles, which is what iOS needs to communicate with. Apple do not allow the use of BT for anything other than a few obvious uses (music streaming, phone calls etc). Android allows the use of bluetooth dongles with OBD2, but iOS requires WiFi. Hence the reason we all linked to WiFi ones ;)

All OBD2 apps just let you monitor things, they do not let you change anything. You'd need model-specific software to do that, and I'm not aware of anything like that available for mobile devices.

Fair do's, my mistake. I typed in ELM327 Bluetooth IOS on Ebay and quite a few came up saying bluetooth and mentioned moth IOS and Android - like this one :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WIFI-iCar-iV350-ELM327-OBD2-Diagnostic-Scanner-USB-Bluetooth-For-iOS-Android-/121326363523?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c3f9d6383

A bit of a misleading advert heading so a good job I ran it by your people first.

So wi-fi it is.

Thanks again.