Tinting rear lights

Randy_Baton

I've got some LED rears to install and was thinking of tinting them. Should I go with paint/vinyl/fly eye? Any think I should watch out for? I'm going to tint them before putting them on my car.

Are there any strict laws on the tint level?

Edited by Randy_Baton

You do need to watch with tinting lights as my mate has been done for it. I had flyeye front and back on my zed, few people were surprised how well it turned out. few pictures in my build thread. going back I would have left the front lights and just tinted the back ones. Got the rear light clusters done at the same time. :thumbs:

Cheers guys, thinking of going down the tinted road but not really wanting to get pulled over all the time haha

Never got pulled once with mine. Only changed them for a LED Set. :thumbs:

I have got a spare set of rear lights for £60 + postage if your interested. :thumbs:

Cheers Will, i already have a spare set thanks :)

Randy, why dont you keep your spare oems till you come to sell your car, then swap as youll get alot more for the leds, just a thought :)

I was going to swop mine back and sell the LEDs separately

but the chap who bought it was such a nice chap, I didn't bother. :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Hi guys. Sorry to revive an old topic but searched high and low before posting a new one. I have a silver/grey 350z. Going to tint the windows and thinking of tinting the rear lights to make it look a bit stealthier but I have no idea how to go about it. Do window ringers do it? Is it legal etc? 

Thanks in advance!!

Legally; lights must be visible to other drivers and retain their original colour - lights should be visible from a distance although I don't recall the specifics.

From an MOT perspective I seem to recall it's a failure if there's anything applied affecting output.

17 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

Legally; lights must be visible to other drivers and retain their original colour - lights should be visible from a distance although I don't recall the specifics.

From an MOT perspective I seem to recall it's a failure if there's anything applied affecting output.

Thanks for this info mate. I wonder what people do for MOTs then. I don’t imagine people like to have them re-done yearly