Jump to content
natehd9

Remote central locking fob issues

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, fijifixit said:

Would it work if I transferred the transponder over though if the replacement key has a transponder on the PCB? I would imagine they'd interfere no?

They are completely separate item. Transponder is just for immobiliser and the PCB is just to lock and unlock your zed.


Edit: The transponder is programmed specifically to you zed.  Having said that, a key programmer can erase all the data in the transponder and load new data to the transponder. You'll need special machine to program the transponder or copy from current key to a new key.

 

The PCB will work on any ZED to lock and unlock. This you can do it on your zed or any zed (UK, not sure about import)

Edited by veeg33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, veeg33 said:

They are completely separate item. Transponder is just for immobiliser and the PCB is just to lock and unlock your zed.

Lots of Nissans used the same key. Not all used a separate transponder. If the key that is purchased was not originally from a 350z then there is a risk that the key won’t work. Ask me how I know this, having spent the last few months sorting it out ;)

The PCBs with onboard transponder are different to look at, slightly different shape but in the same plastic casing so you can only confirm by opening up the key fob. 

 

A new transponder, coding and blade cutting costs around £50-60 should you need one. And if you have one to clone they only need the original key and not the car present. 

 

Im sure you’ll be fine, just thought I’d try and be helpful :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EzeePzee said:

Lots of Nissans used the same key. Not all used a separate transponder. If the key that is purchased was not originally from a 350z then there is a risk that the key won’t work. Ask me how I know this, having spent the last few months sorting it out ;)

The PCBs with onboard transponder are different to look at, slightly different shape but in the same plastic casing so you can only confirm by opening up the key fob. 

 

A new transponder, coding and blade cutting costs around £50-60 should you need one. And if you have one to clone they only need the original key and not the car present. 

 

Im sure you’ll be fine, just thought I’d try and be helpful :)

Wow, honestly, you have no idea how much I appreciate your time and info along with @veeg33.

 

Thanks guys! Hopefully this key works when I transfer things over.  If not, ill just buy one off zman.

 

Ill keep this thread updated along with images etc if anyone else has this issue and struggles to figure it out. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, fijifixit said:

Wow, honestly, you have no idea how much I appreciate your time and info along with @veeg33.

 

Thanks guys! Hopefully this key works when I transfer things over.  If not, ill just buy one off zman.

 

Ill keep this thread updated along with images etc if anyone else has this issue and struggles to figure it out. :)

No problem mate, just sharing what I know. I got mine from a 350z breaker when mine only came with 1 key when I purchased my zed 5 years ago and I don't feel comfortable with having only 1 as it will cost me a boom if I manage to loose my 1 and only key, they usually sell it along with the key barrel but I told the seller i just needed the key and he sell it to me for £20 delivered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20 December 2018 at 11:10, veeg33 said:

No problem mate, just sharing what I know. I got mine from a 350z breaker when mine only came with 1 key when I purchased my zed 5 years ago and I don't feel comfortable with having only 1 as it will cost me a boom if I manage to loose my 1 and only key, they usually sell it along with the key barrel but I told the seller i just needed the key and he sell it to me for £20 delivered.

Hey dude. I got a get from zmanalex, but still no luck. I transferred the key blade, transponder and put a new battery in aswell. Still the same issue :(. I can get the car into programming mode as the hazards flash twice, but I don't get any response when I hold the unlock button on the key and press the lock button twice and then let go of the unlock button. From reading the procedure, the hazards are supposed to flash once to confirm its registered. I don't get the flash. If I finish the procedure by switching the car to the on position, the hazards flash twice again to exit programming mode. I've had 0 luck with it :(. I am currently unlocking the car manually with the key hole on the door. Any advice? Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, fijifixit said:

Hey dude. I got a get from zmanalex, but still no luck. I transferred the key blade, transponder and put a new battery in aswell. Still the same issue :(. I can get the car into programming mode as the hazards flash twice, but I don't get any response when I hold the unlock button on the key and press the lock button twice and then let go of the unlock button. From reading the procedure, the hazards are supposed to flash once to confirm its registered. I don't get the flash. If I finish the procedure by switching the car to the on position, the hazards flash twice again to exit programming mode. I've had 0 luck with it :(. I am currently unlocking the car manually with the key hole on the door. Any advice? Cheers

Sorry to hear that. I can see that it can be a pain. Yours JDM or UK? When I reprogram mine, the hazard didn't flash but I can hear the relay clicking. The other thing I can think of is maybe issue with your car electrical circuit rather than the fob itself. Maybe check if there is a fuse for the lock/unlock system? Might be worth going to a Nissan dealership if they can do a electrical reset on your zed. Should be pretty cheap using their machine/computer, plug in and press the reset on their computer. Unfortunately I don't think there is a pedal dance to reset the electricals. BTW, might not be related, did you replace any of your bulbs with LED? My zed went funny (electric seat adjustment stopped working, windows can be lowered but not up) once when I replaced some LED lights for interior. Hence try  disconnting your battery for few minutes and try reprogramming. Having said that, when my car goes funny, disconnecting the battery works for 5-10 mins where I can unwind my windows back but it went funny again after awhile. The reset sorted it but worth a try. Also check u have the radio code just incase you need it after you disconnect battery. Good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, veeg33 said:

Sorry to hear that. I can see that it can be a pain. Yours JDM or UK? When I reprogram mine, the hazard didn't flash but I can hear the relay clicking. The other thing I can think of is maybe issue with your car electrical circuit rather than the fob itself. Maybe check if there is a fuse for the lock/unlock system? Might be worth going to a Nissan dealership if they can do a electrical reset on your zed. Should be pretty cheap using their machine/computer, plug in and press the reset on their computer. Unfortunately I don't think there is a pedal dance to reset the electricals. BTW, might not be related, did you replace any of your bulbs with LED? My zed went funny (electric seat adjustment stopped working, windows can be lowered but not up) once when I replaced some LED lights for interior. Hence try  disconnting your battery for few minutes and try reprogramming. Having said that, when my car goes funny, disconnecting the battery works for 5-10 mins where I can unwind my windows back but it went funny again after awhile. The reset sorted it but worth a try. Also check u have the radio code just incase you need it after you disconnect battery. Good luck. 

Mine is the UK spec. When my car gets into programming mode, the hazards dont flash on the dash, I can hear the relay clicking and the hazard lights flash on the outside. I can see it in the reflection that they flash. The lock/unlock works from the switch on the drivers side door. Is there a fuse for the remote central locking in the car? I did install LED bulbs for the rear Number plate lights, however, I was facing the same issues before I installed them. All the other electrics work just fine. I will disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for 15 mins and then try register the key again. Failing that I have no idea :(. I cant be doing the procedure wrong as i've tried it 20+ times with no luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fijifixit said:

Mine is the UK spec. When my car gets into programming mode, the hazards dont flash on the dash, I can hear the relay clicking and the hazard lights flash on the outside. I can see it in the reflection that they flash. The lock/unlock works from the switch on the drivers side door. Is there a fuse for the remote central locking in the car? I did install LED bulbs for the rear Number plate lights, however, I was facing the same issues before I installed them. All the other electrics work just fine. I will disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for 15 mins and then try register the key again. Failing that I have no idea :(. I cant be doing the procedure wrong as i've tried it 20+ times with no luck!

When you say clicking, is that when you press the new fob to register after you are in programming mode? Or nothing actually happen when you are in programming mode even when you press the buttons on the fob? I'm trying to diagnose if you have a faulty receiver on your zed and I'm not sure if you can replace the receiver only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, veeg33 said:

When you say clicking, is that when you press the new fob to register after you are in programming mode? Or nothing actually happen when you are in programming mode even when you press the buttons on the fob? I'm trying to diagnose if you have a faulty receiver on your zed and I'm not sure if you can replace the receiver only.

I can hear the 2 clicks happening of the relay in the passenger footwell when the car enters programming mode. When I hold the unlock button and press the lock button 3 times and release the unlock button on the fob to register the key, nothing happens. Hazards don't flash and the relay doesn't click. Where is he receiver located on the zed? Would it have to be fixed by Nissan, or can an auto locksmith do it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fijifixit said:

I can hear the 2 clicks happening of the relay in the passenger footwell when the car enters programming mode. When I hold the unlock button and press the lock button 3 times and release the unlock button on the fob to register the key, nothing happens. Hazards don't flash and the relay doesn't click. Where is he receiver located on the zed? Would it have to be fixed by Nissan, or can an auto locksmith do it?

Do you have 2 keys? If so, do either of them work when reprogramming or is it just the one that doesn’t work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

Do you have 2 keys? If so, do either of them work when reprogramming or is it just the one that doesn’t work?

The car came with one valet key and one key with the central locking buttons. This key wasn't working even when I replaced the battery and attempted to reprogram it. I was told my fob was dead so I purchased another one off @ZMANALEX. Transferred the keyblade and transponder to that one. Still the same issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fijifixit said:

I can hear the 2 clicks happening of the relay in the passenger footwell when the car enters programming mode. When I hold the unlock button and press the lock button 3 times and release the unlock button on the fob to register the key, nothing happens. Hazards don't flash and the relay doesn't click. Where is he receiver located on the zed? Would it have to be fixed by Nissan, or can an auto locksmith do it?

Sounds like receiver is no working based on what you have described. Nissan could potentially fix it but expect to pay a boom. I don't think an auto locksmith will be able to fix, maybe auto electrician. Check with Zmanalex if he know if the receive can be replaced easily and if he as them in stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/01/2019 at 13:28, veeg33 said:

Sounds like receiver is no working based on what you have described. Nissan could potentially fix it but expect to pay a boom. I don't think an auto locksmith will be able to fix, maybe auto electrician. Check with Zmanalex if he know if the receive can be replaced easily and if he as them in stock.

Hey guys, @veeg33, So I got the receiver that goes with the key I got from @ZMANALEX. I replaced it with the one I had in the car. Unfortunately, I am still having the same issue. Car gets into programming mode by the indicators flashing twice. No response when I try registering the key. *Sigh*, Is there anything else you guys can suggest? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×