Out a drive with my gopro, not the best by any stretch

hensh65

Not heart stopping by any means but I've wasted 3 1/2 minutes in worse ways. :lol:

How did you mount your Gopro to the car? Was it a suction cup mount?

I've already got a suction cup mount but I will need a Gopro adaptor first before I can use it.

Reason I'm asking is because I've just got a Gopro Hero3 for Christmas from my Mrs you see so just looking at accessories & sensible ways to mount the camera to my Zed. Going to buy the new smart remote once I find stock of it at a reasonable price & also some mounts. ;)

• Like 1

Not heart stopping by any means but I've wasted 3 1/2 minutes in worse ways. :lol:

How did you mount your Gopro to the car? Was it a suction cup mount?

I've already got a suction cup mount but I will need a Gopro adaptor first before I can use it.

Reason I'm asking is because I've just got a Gopro Hero3 for Christmas from my Mrs you see so just looking at accessories & sensible ways to mount the camera to my Zed. Going to buy the new smart remote once I find stock of it at a reasonable price & also some mounts. ;)

I just got mine for xmas thus the crap video :lol: just faffing about tonight killing time.

Its a suction mount straight onto the bonnet. The sound was good up until 50mph+ then its just wind noise. I was lucky as i got mine with the camera!

• Like 1

I just got mine for xmas thus the crap video :lol: just faffing about tonight killing time.

Its a suction mount straight onto the bonnet. The sound was good up until 50mph+ then its just wind noise. I was lucky as i got mine with the camera!

Which Gopro did you get then?

I know mine came with two back doors for the case ~ a skeleton one which you can use to get better sound with at speeds below 50mph and a solid one which is designed for speeds above 50mph to cut down on wind noise. ;)

• Like 1

Which Gopro did you get then?

I know mine came with two back doors for the case ~ a skeleton one which you can use to get better sound with at speeds below 50mph and a solid one which is designed for speeds above 50mph to cut down on wind noise. ;)

I thought you used the skeleton mount for 100+ :lol: that was filmed with the solid back. Its a hero 3 black edition, that was on 960 i think. What one did you go for?

I thought you used the skeleton mount for 100+ :lol: that was filmed with the solid back. Its a hero 3 black edition, that was on 960 i think. What one did you go for?

You are right it does say 100mph on the back of the camera ~ solid back door for 100mph+ or in wet conditions. ;)

My Mrs bought me the "Hero3 white edition" Gopro camera. Very impressed with the quality of it but I've yet to actually record any video or take any pictures.

I'm still looking at ways to fit it to my car tbh. Got the standard stick on mounts but looking at positions inside the car I'm not sure I'll be able to use them as if I put one on the plastic shelf just behind the seats in the Zed I'm sure the camera will be too low to get a decent video.

Looked at mounting one on the rear strut brace in the boot but then I think it will be set too far back for a decent video & will just show too much of the back of the seats. :dry:

That's partly why I have been looking at accessories already in particular the new wifi smart remote and LCD add on screen. That way I'll be able to see the shot using the LCD screen to help line it up as well as start recording remotely using wifi. B)

• Like 2

I found it hard to mount mine to the dash as its not a smooth surface and has a lot of polish so the 3mm stick pads wouldn't hold. First acceleration the camera came flying at me :lol:

The suction mount is the best idea as you can mount it outside the car or on the windscreen. If you get the gopro app for your phone then you can tell the camera its upside down!

As above, you can see the shot from your phone and you can start recording from your phone. I got the remote as well but I haven't even turned it on as the phone is just as handy.

The app is really quite good. My mrs has the remote but uses the app more as it acts as a view finder. Handy when you camera is stuck to the roof of your car.

I have seen someone stick the camera to the passenger window, it may have been the little window just behind.

Here's a video I made in my old car. This is with the non waterproof back on. At no point was I any where near 100! Be lucky to be over 50. The wind noise is the hardest to stop. I think there are external mics you can use.

http://youtu.be/0rLXAnhBgnM

All i have on there is the suction mount and it's on the rear window. I got the genuine suction mount but I think there are cheaper ones available. But it did come with extra bits to fit the camera in different ways.

• Like 1