SOS - help needed - hazards won't stop

Madhatter

Hi all

Car has developed a Christine type personality and has decided that while there is battery it's going to flash the hazards all day long with no chance to turn them off.

Checked switch and all fine - in fact if I disconnect the switch altogether it makes no difference they still flash!

Do I need an exorcism on the car or any ideas where to hunt for the problem? Any help so so appreciated as I'm at the end of my tether :(

LOL! Both! I miss the days when you could replace relatively simple parts to cure a fault, rather than having to replace a complete module to fix the same fault with a cost of hundreds, instead of tens of pounds.

I'm only 32 and I miss those days!

• Like 1

Probably is the BCM, but as an alternative you're not having battery problems are you? I remember on my first zed, when my battery was almost flat (i'd jumped it earlier that week), my headlights got stuck on and wouldnt turn off at all. Easily fixed by getting a new battery.

• 5 years later...
13 minutes ago, SyMan80 said:

Hi, I've got the same problem how did you fix it??

Thanks

. Simon

Hi Simon, 

Where are you based? On the cars with this issue we have seen water ingress into the BCM in the driver footwell or into the IPDM unit under the scuttle panel in the engine bay.

I would take a look under the bonnet  at the IPDM unit. It's on the passenger side under the scuttle panel the there is a rubber one way grommet (as a water drain) underneath the unit. Chances are yours is dislodged and you have had a load of water come through the hole. Look for green discolouration on contacts as that's where the water has been. 

If it's not that then look at the BCM in the drivers footwell, again looking for signs of water. 

Last thing is that it could be the switch if a drink has been poured into it. I have all modules and switches in stock if you end up needing any 

If you don't fancy doing it yourself we can do it at Falcon Performance in Teesside for you.

Good luck, Lee :thumbs: