My 350z Race Car Project from Velociraptor Racing

VRRacing

Picked up my Fairlady Import on Thursday. It's already had a few mods, Akebono brakes, BC Coil overs, detachable Momo wheel and cobra exhaust. Going to be starting with a roll cage and new ecu. The end goal is to have a car that built to be tracked but at the same time not totally uncomfortable and a pig to drive on the road.

A few pics from its first couple of days in my possession:) oh and a pic of the car its replacing

c0220bdfd57b48db56d116d216b68d6e.jpgc69537fc49d43ac0c25c560b23c09f15.jpg8d314b869bba95281dd8cd607553b3ce.jpg51248ce68ee323b5bc8cadace75dec1b.jpg44648d137daf630594b932ad48fdd5c1.jpg7d315c3fa46e80b397a4a1d36a1ea66e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Sound's like a fantastic project and the car it's replacing look's very cool (Honda Civic?). B) Although your Zed need's a wash. :lol::teeth:

Your pictures aren't showing up on the page btw but if I click on them they work. Bit strange but just fyi. ;)

Edit: Pictures working now.

Edited by GMballistic

Yeah that was motorway grime after 6 hours driving, it'll clean:). Yeah it's a Civic FD2 JDM Import, in the process of trying to sell it. Got a roll cage ordered. Bought a clubman cage then going to add in the other bits as and when the regs require. Hoping there's enough room behind the dash to fit in a dash bar, want to keep it as road friendly as possible. Looking for a big rear wing. Drift works and showoff imports looking most hopeful at the moment. Going to run it all on Syvec ecu.

One step at a time but FI and then one day possibly maybe NOS. Because I've always wanted it:) but not before internals. See what boost people and running on standard internals. Change for beefier head gasket, get compression down a little. Am I right in thinking the compression is pretty low already on the 350? Not had chance to check yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Started stripping off all the unnecessary sound deadening and bracing to make way for the cage. Not weighed the bits yet but I think the removed bracing etc will be more than the cage that replaces it. Chipped away all the sound deadening which was the easiest of jobs. Hopefully the steel for the cage will be here next week

I assume to adjust dampers people usually make a hole above the rear strut tops, in normal circumstances that is.

Yep that or you can get damper adjustment extenders, ...in that case you have a hole in the plastic with the extender coming out of it for adjustment. ;)