CJM Stage 0 Fuel Return System

ID 725cc injectors

Aeromotive 340 LPH Fuel Pump

AAM Competition Oil Pan Spacer

Stillen Gold Series Oil Cooler Kit 19 Row

NGK 350Z Iridium Colder Spark Plugs set of 6

UpRev MAF GT sensor

Available to buy online here:

http://www.torqen.uk/350z/turbos-superchargers/superchargers/422-350z-de-vortech-v3-sci-custom-supercharger-kit-trq-vsc350detrq-vsc350revup.html

Check this thread too: http://www.350z-uk.c...e-flexslipping/

Update 16/09/15:

We now offer in partnership with Horsham Developments a fitting and tuning option, to include:

- fitting the standard package

- tuning

- dyno time

£1999 + VAT

Edited by Adrian@TORQEN
  • Like 3

Hey Torqen,

Thank you for the reply to my PM about this kit. But i have so many questions that i thought I may as well ask here, may help others too :):

FI is all new to me. I have always shyed away and taken the N/A route. The limited knowledge I have on turbos and roots type s/c i will probably be doing a 2+2=5 with the centrifugal type s/charger's!

I know we have a dedicated FI section, but my questions are generally quite specific to the kit. :thumbs

- You mentioned in the PM you sent me that an Uprev Map is required. So I would be correct in assuming then that all resulting tuning is done from the OEM ECU and that no standalone unit is required.

- i have seen reports and videos of some really loud Vortech s/chargers at idle, that sound broken to be honest. Does this kit suffer from that issue too?

- Will there be a compression decrease as part of this kit, in the form of a thicker headgasket or is it not required? (i think there was a picture on this thread, but i cant see it as i am on a work laptop - so appologies if its staring everyone else in the face :lol:)

- The upgrades that have been specified above, are these Optional or Recommended? In terms of potential power, reliability and efficiency, why/ or at what point would I need these optional extras?

- does any of the new equipment need to sit between the front bumper and the radiator? such as the intake pipework. Only I have a new bumper being fitted so i was may different space available there.

I think thats all my questions for now. No doubt your reply will trigger more from me :)

thanks in advance,

Pritchard

Hi Pritchard,

Please find your answers bellow:

- You mentioned in the PM you sent me that an Uprev Map is required. So I would be correct in assuming then that all resulting tuning is done from the OEM ECU and that no standalone unit is required.

Yes, that is correct. No standalone ECU required, you only need an UpRev license and map adjustment. Both will be provided by the tuner.

- i have seen reports and videos of some really loud Vortech s/chargers at idle, that sound broken to be honest. Does this kit suffer from that issue too?

The Vortech V3 is way quieter than the V2 kit that I had installed on my 350z. There are quite a few people in here runing the V3 kit. Obviously your car won't sound like stock OEM car, but it's not going to sound bad / broken / agricultural :) You will get to love the sound in time and enjoy it together with the power it makes. Once you drive a FI 350z you won't want to drive a stock 350z ever again.

- Will there be a compression decrease as part of this kit, in the form of a thicker headgasket or is it not required? (i think there was a picture on this thread, but i cant see it as i am on a work laptop - so appologies if its staring everyone else in the face :lol:)

No thicker headgasket required, but I would advise also fitting a plenum spacer if you don't have one already.

- The upgrades that have been specified above, are these Optional or Recommended? In terms of potential power, reliability and efficiency, why/ or at what point would I need these optional extras?

Beside no 7 - M-Spec R-Rydes V2 1 Piece Vortech Charge Pipe - which is more a cosmetic upgrade, rather than having 3 pipes with 2 joins, all are required to achieve power figures, run smoothley and safer.

- does any of the new equipment need to sit between the front bumper and the radiator? such as the intake pipework. Only I have a new bumper being fitted so i was may different space available there.

The intercooler, oil cooler and some of the pipe work will sit inside the front bumper, it will fit the OEM bumper, so I don't think we would have any problems fitting inside the new bumper. What bumper you're having done at RT Performance?

Any more questions please fire them up here or via PM.

Adrian

Edited by TORQEN
  • Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Front bumper is the Do-Luck,

do you want to poke your nose under and have a quick look before i collect it to see if theres room for it? :)

Nothing a little shave or hacksaw in my case wont solve! Had the INGs+1 bumper which had a huge gape in the middle and went far back to the radiator, just needed a wee cut out for the intercooler pipe work and itself. Looked sweet.... until I ripped it off :dry::lol:

• 1 month later...

Hey Octet,

Few questions that I have just thought of. Thinking of a new direction for my Zed that may involve boosting.

From what I can tell we will still need to buy an uprev license, dyno/mapping time with someone like Abbey, gauges to monitor the system (any recommendations) and installation, again recommendations for anywhere?. Anything else I have missed.

Also, I know every car is different, but any idea of potential final BHP figures after doing this and all the standard mods such as intake, plenum spacer and exhaust? Random places online seem to suggest anywhere from 320 to 420 BHP which seems like a huge margin of error!

Edited by cs2000

UpRev license can be purchased at the tuner. We can also supply the gauges like AFR wide band, Oil Temp etc. We can do the installation or we recommend Horsham Developments or Kaizer Motors. Of course is down to the buyer to decide where is safe to take his car.

With the above kit you can easily reach 400bhp, but I think we're talking about 420-430bhp.

Adrian

Edited by octet@TORQEN
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am soooooo tempted by this still. See the optional parts is that for it to run the best it possible can safely? Also I have a custom stainless dual exhaust (I think a copy of hks exhaust) having it supercharged would that type of exhaust be good enough or better off getting another? Also say I had it fitted with my original front bumper but later on decided for a change like a v2 bumper would there be many problems? thanks

See the optional parts is that for it to run the best it possible can safely?

I'll explain them here:

- M-Spec R-Rydes V2 1 Piece Vortech Charge Pipe - Cosmetic upgrade, the Vortech kit comes with small pipes that are joined by couplers and 3 places, the 1 piece pipe eliminates that, looks much better in the engine bay

- Vortech Supercharger Oil pack - for the blower unit, service item

- 3.12" pulley upgrade - more boost, more power

- 2.87" pulley upgrade - even more boost, even more power, but higher risk

- Stillen Engine Dampener Brace - stops the engine rocking, less chance of belt slip

- Elite 10 Series Wideband Air/Fuel Gauge - monitoring the air to fuel ratio

- Elite 10 Color Oil Temperature Gauge - monitoring the oil temperature

Also I have a custom stainless dual exhaust (I think a copy of hks exhaust) having it supercharged would that type of exhaust be good enough or better off getting another?

That should be fine.

Also say I had it fitted with my original front bumper but later on decided for a change like a v2 bumper would there be many problems? thanks

No problem at all :)

Any more questions fire them up here or via PM.

Adrian

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...