Members we never see online any more

Flex

I for one think it should be a lot more transparent.

Ok, I killed Smudgeon aka Jordan - but I did apologize

Wouldn't have got banned for that :D

So how about it Mr Mod :) Could we get a statement if people are banned, nothing detailed, just to what end they got banned/suspended for?

The forum provides a description of what is acceptable conduct. People who go over that line are informed by the team. Decision made regarding warnings and bans are discussed and agreed by the whole team in the interest of the forum.

The result of any decision is communicated to the member / members involved and no one else.

There is no need to publicly announce any bans or provide any more detailed information on a ban regardless of how interested other parties are. It is between the team and the individual.

Put simply there is no cloak or dagger agendas, the information is not for public consumption.

You just have to trust the team.

As Graham mentioned however we are currently discussing the issue but i see no reason to change the policy we currently have

So how about it Mr Mod :) Could we get a statement if people are banned, nothing detailed, just to what end they got banned/suspended for?

JP,It is currently being discussed :)

I guess it would solve all the 'Why is such and such banned'

JP,It is currently being discussed :)

I guess it would solve all the 'Why is such and such banned'

Yep it would

The rules are pretty straighforward. its basically down to respect for other users on here. If somebody doesnt manage to follow these rules the matter is pointed out to them. If this doesnt make a difference they will be contacted again. The ultimate conclusion is a ban. This apples to all of the few people who have been banned from the forum over nearly 10 years.

• Like 2

the information is not for public consumption.

Its a public forum though ;) who and what rule is pretty harmless surely?

We do trust the team, on the most part :p

Edited by Jetpilot

Ok so apart from the obvious 'incidents' there's a few people I remember and havent seen for a long time on here, few that spring to mind:

Matt, azure, white wheels, engine replace, loved to race caravans, do the Zshed crew still see him?

Zugaro, he was all over this place when I joined, then he moved or was in hospital for a while made a brief comeback then nowt from him.

JJT, didnt he buy a porsche?

I have only just seen this Flex, and feel loved despite me being a bit late! :teeth:

The rules are pretty straighforward. its basically down to respect for other users on here. If somebody doesnt manage to follow these rules the matter is pointed out to them. If this doesnt make a difference they will be contacted again. The ultimate conclusion is a ban. This apples to all of the few people who have been banned from the forum over nearly 10 years.

we all know the rules, we're not questioning that. We're asking if we could get as such, a small statement each time someone gets banned.

What if for example someone was doing a trade with a user and they get banned, but don't realise they're banned etc.

• Like 1

The forum provides a description of what is acceptable conduct. People who go over that line are informed by the team. Decision made regarding warnings and bans are discussed and agreed by the whole team in the interest of the forum.

The result of any decision is communicated to the member / members involved and no one else.

There is no need to publicly announce any bans or provide any more detailed information on a ban regardless of how interested other parties are. It is between the team and the individual.

Put simply there is no cloak or dagger agendas, the information is not for public consumption.

As Graham mentioned however we are currently discussing the issue but i see no reason to change the policy we currently have

I'm glad it's being discussed Will, as imho i think this is long overdue.

I have 100% trust that there is nothing cloak and dagger going on. I'd consider most if not all of the mods on here my friends having met the majority of you many times over the years. Wanting to know has nothing to do with dredging up debate or pointing the finger at anyone. It would just be nice to know. :shrug:

...I think this is the only place I've encountered where someone can be 'disappeared' without any explanation. If you're at work and one of your colleagues doesnt show up, who you've seen everyday for 6 years, the boss is going to tell you why.

• Like 1

Agreed. A simple one line post saying something like "Person X was banned due to abusive PMs / bad trading practices / consistently ignoring Moderator's instructions to wind their neck in etc". Can't hurt, and if anything it prevents other bans if people know where the line sits.

No ones asking for all the gory bits, and having sat on the other side of the fence I know what the team go through and how each decision is discussed and analysed before any action is taken, and I just think it would be good to share the basic knowledge with members of this community. :)

• Like 1

Point has been raised and discussed by the team but there will be no change in the current policy and asking is not going to change that.

Let's leave it there gents.

Brilliant. :clap::notworthy:

I've just spent 5 minutes looking for an inoffensive 'Gestapo' meme but all the ones i found would have no doubt got me banned, but i didnt want to risk people not knowing why im not on here anymore. :shutup:

Point has been raised and discussed by the team but there will be no change in the current policy and asking is not going to change that.

Let's leave it there gents.

Well that was a quick discussion...

Any particular reason why its not going to change?

You've got to remember that this is a free forum and the mods give their time for a small percentage of the proceeds from the harvested organs of "banned" members.

If we want this community to stay free, then we have to accept, that from time to time, members are going to be "banned" and no reason will be given. :)

• Like 1

You've got to remember that this is a free forum and the mods give their time for a small percentage of the proceeds from the harvested organs of "banned" members.

If we want this community to stay free, then we have to accept, that from time to time, members are going to be "banned" and no reason will be given. :)

I don't see how you can relate the forum being free to justifying why all non moderators are kept out of the loop about banned members. :shrug:

I also throw my hat into the mix for the 'one line justification' . I spend a lot of my time on the forum, even though I don't know many of you personally I still feel a bit robbed by the fact some of the familiar faces just drop off the face of the forum without any explanation. For me it loses part of the "community" feel. Or maybe I'm just not part of it. Who knows! :thumbs:

• Like 3

I don't see how you can relate the forum being free to justifying why all non moderators are kept out of the loop about banned members. :shrug:

I also throw my hat into the mix for the 'one line justification' . I spend a lot of my time on the forum, even though I don't know many of you personally I still feel a bit robbed by the fact some of the familiar faces just drop off the face of the forum without any explanation. For me it loses part of the "community" feel. Or maybe I'm just not part of it. Who knows! :thumbs:

I thought the harvested organs part might have given away the sarcasm... I won't be as subtle next time! :lol:

I thought the harvested organs part might have given away the sarcasm... I won't be as subtle next time! :lol:

It's wasted on me, I'm trying to watch ex on the beach whilst getting involved in forum political matters, clearly not a good mix. :lol:

• Like 1

I'm glad it's being discussed Will, as imho i think this is long overdue.

I have 100% trust that there is nothing cloak and dagger going on. I'd consider most if not all of the mods on here my friends having met the majority of you many times over the years. Wanting to know has nothing to do with dredging up debate or pointing the finger at anyone. It would just be nice to know. :shrug:

...I think this is the only place I've encountered where someone can be 'disappeared' without any explanation. If you're at work and one of your colleagues doesnt show up, who you've seen everyday for 6 years, the boss is going to tell you why.

Not always...

Let me rephrase as my previous reply may have come across a little harsh and that's not appropriate. My point about "asking won't change anything" was incorrect, we run this place for you guys so you have a right to ask.

We have discussed it in the team area on this occasion as we have in the past, and dan you know the conversations don't follow that quick careless approach. But we feel revealing information on why a particular member has been banned is not appropriate for the other members on the forum. It's a matter for the team and the individual concerned.

We could post up notifications about bans and provide a generic comment as to the reason but in all honesty what value would that provide. People would still want more information and that's not going to happen.

A list of banned people may however help clarify if someone has just left or been removed which may answer some of your questions but any more information than that would definitely not be right.

I understand people want to know about this but really what value does it offer. I would also like to stress that bans are extremely rare and only happen to a few individuals for good reason after all other avenues have been attempted.

• Like 1

and dan you know the conversations don't follow that quick careless approach.

Sorry mate, my stunted comment was meant purely in jest, hence the multiple winky faces. My apologies if you or the Team took any offence, you're absolutely correct in that I do know exactly how long the Team debate these issues: Honestly folks, they do really go over and over this stuff!

Sorry mate, my stunted comment was meant purely in jest, hence the multiple winky faces. My apologies if you or the Team took any offence, you're absolutely correct in that I do know exactly how long the Team debate these issues: Honestly folks, they do really go over and over this stuff!

:ban: He doesn't mean it!

:lol:

Ok so apart from the obvious 'incidents' there's a few people I remember and havent seen for a long time on here, few that spring to mind:

Matt, azure, white wheels, engine replace, loved to race caravans, do the Zshed crew still see him?

Zugaro, he was all over this place when I joined, then he moved or was in hospital for a while made a brief comeback then nowt from him.

JJT, didnt he buy a porsche?

I have only just seen this Flex, and feel loved despite me being a bit late! :teeth:

9 months late!! PM replied to.

Anyway everyone else, anyone else (not banned) we don't hear from anymore?

I'm still fairly fresh to this mod life, and trust me the discussions are heavily interrogated, but at the end of the day no action is taken without sufficient warnings and discussions with said member to rectify issues.

To be honest, the depth in severity when issues crop up surprise me, these aren't silly little issues. The team will at the last resort ban a member when the "mark" has been well and truly overstepped. In which the ban is justified and unanimous.

Don't forget for every member banned, we get interrogated for our reasons, which can be equally a headache.

We are moderating the forum to be a respectful place, and won't tollerate unacceptable behaviour. Whether this be publicly on threads or via PM communications reported to us.

If at anytime somebody is banned, by all means contact them, and if they're a man about the situation they'll give you the truth.

Maybe we can move forward and respect that we sometimes have to make decisions which conflict with opinions which may not be agreed by all.

• Like 3

We don't need to know why someone has been banned or suspended.

Some of us are just nosey and don't like to think we are out of the loop.

However, a valid point was raised about what if you are in the middle of a trade, therefore, there is a valid reason to post "person x has been banned or suspended for"y" weeks". I am fairly sure something along these lines was in fact posted when a trader was recently suspended for a while. Anything additional to this is unnecessary and irrelevant.