370z & 350z HR Stillen/Vortech Superchargers Possible Group Buy interest?

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

Hi All

Been in regular chats with Stillen over the last few weeks and they are keen to promote their excellent Supercharger systems over here in the UK.

We have sold a few of the 370z/350HR systems this year and they have received great feedback, the superchargers are Vortech blower units so you know you can trust them.

In the same respect as my Vortech GT86 Supercharger neither do Stillen or Vortech recommend the long list of supporting mods that you have on the DE engines, all they recommend is an oil cooler and a performance exhaust system. Therefore costs can be similar to the DE Supercharger installs by the time your finished, obviously if you want to push extreme power out of the system then more upgrades would be required.

Quote below from Stillen:

"You can run this kit along with an oil cooler and performance exhaust and you're good to go.

The car would have to be tuned from scratch. However we can supply the kit with an international tuning cable, meaning the kit can be installed and then driven to the Tuning shop.

Of course, there are some guys on the forums that are running alternate heat

exchangers, injectors, fuel pumps and more. We currently do not support/supply these mods here at Stillen. "

If we can get a few numbers then Stillen will be willing to do some discounts so I want to see if this is something people are interested in.

Supercharger unit

Oil coolers

Internation tuning cable

Fitting is something you would have to discuss with your tuner/installer etc but actual tuning is around £500 usually. Plus like I mentioned the cable can be plugged in so you can drive the supercharger installed on a safe base map to the tuner of choice.

Here is the kit for the 370z, a great video as well:

http://www.tarmacspo...Z-370ZSTSC.aspx

the 350zHR is not currently on the website but is similar to the 370z, here is some info

STILLEN 450+HP VQ35 Dual Throttle Body Supercharger System - 350Z

Continuing with the success of the STILLEN supercharger system for the Nissan VQ37 (370Z), STILLEN is proud to announce the availability of the VQ35 dual throttle body 350Zsupercharger kit. The VQ35 Supercharger shares most of the same components found in the VQ37 kit, and designed as a direct bolt-on to the 3.5L.

This supercharger system took over a year to develop and involves some revolutionary designs. This supercharger system is developed to offer the customer easy upgradability and installation without requiring a hood replacement to complete the installation! With this supercharger system we bump the power output to over 450 horsepower! With lots of room to grow! Some of the more noteworthy features of the supercharger are:

Air to water intercooler: By redesigning the intake manifold we were able to incorporate the intercooler inside the manifold, thus allowing us to cool the air charge immediately before the air enters the engine. Additionally, the front mounted heat exchanger does not block the airflow supplying cool air to other vital coolers such as the radiator, engine oil cooler, transmission cooler, power steering cooler or the A/C condenser. Because water is 4 times more efficient at dissipating heat than air, we are able to utilize a more compact heat exchanger to cool the water

Price wise depends on numbers but could be between 10 to 20% off, both kits are the same price.

Obviously not expecting anything here and now but its definitely something we can pursue into the new year.

PLEASE KEEP THIS TOPIC TO 370Z AND 350ZHR OWNERS/CARS

DE OWNERS WE CAN LOOK AT OPTIONS IN ANOTHER THREAD AT SOME POINT THANKYOU

:thumbs:

Edited by Tarmac
  • Like 1

can you speak with the stillen guys and get a little more info on the stage 2 de systems as is it a fully package or do i need to source loads of supporting mods

as there blurb is a bit vague

Tuning -

The STILLEN supercharger is supplied to you or your installer fully tuned. Additional fuel, when needed, is supplied via a 7th injector that is mounted in the inlet tube. It is regulated via an electronic unit that is factory set for your vehicle. This also modifies the timing map to optimize it for the supercharged engine. - See more at: http://www.stillen.com/product/superchargers/stillen-stage-2-supercharger-system-non-revup-engines-407352ic-9676.html#sthash.8m9gz3tL.dpuf

You know I'm interested :)

Chris - just to be completely clear can you list the items in the kit so we know exactly what we are getting and what me might want to add . Thanks

I can't list you every item in the kit bud, but this is what you will essentially get see pic below.

What Stillen/I am saying is all you need and that all is recommended/supported to go with the kit is a performance exhaust and an oil cooler

So

You buy the kit lets say for arguments sake we get some numbers and its £5500

You buy an oil cooler - lets say £350

You get it installed - £????

Or

You install yourself and you purchase the cable so you can drive with the supercharger installed - lets say £500

You drive it to the tuner - get it tuned £500

Your good to go for 450-500bhp

For people that want to self install it can be done for under £7k which is not far off the DE costs

There are supporting mods I could sell you all day long and if the manufacturer of the item told me its best to sell them to you then I would, of course as its more business for me, but they don't so thats why I am not pushing them. I have the Vortech S/C on my 86 and I have nothing else, literally diddly squat not even a gauge or an oil cooler, just the SC and decatted exhaust system. If you guys that are serious about FI want to meet up and see it your welcome any time.

Also, as mentioned this is a joint idea with Stillen, if you want re-assurance you can drop them a mail too, Stillen/Tarmac relationship is nearly 5 years old and we are their biggest customer outside of the USA. They also do many 370z SC installs and have been running the 370Z SC since the car was launched

stillen-vq37-supercharger-P-1200_zpsa04d8227.jpg

• Like 2

So how is reliability with FI is it fit and forget or we talking more servicing a year, And other issues? Never really looked into FI but this for some reason has tempted me...

It's pretty reliable if properly fitted, tuned and maintained . Think stillen recommend an oil change every 4500 miles and the supercharger oil every 7500....

So how is reliability with FI is it fit and forget or we talking more servicing a year, And other issues? Never really looked into FI but this for some reason has tempted me...

It's reliable, but as anything, the more you add, the more things to go wrong - but that goes for anything really.

It's pretty reliable if properly fitted, tuned and maintained . Think stillen recommend an oil change every 4500 miles and the supercharger oil every 7500....

It's reliable, but as anything, the more you add, the more things to go wrong - but that goes for anything really.

Yeah it's a pretty stupid question to be fair haha.

Will see what happens in the new year

Vortech are one of the best superchargers out there but yeah you need to maintain it the same as everything really. There are no extra services apart from topping sc oil up.

If I was going to get one then this would be top of the list, not that there is a lot of options. GTM is another but would you really want to buy from them (nightmare company by all accounts). Least you know you have my support with Stillen

• Like 1