400bhp in a 350z

Bodyboarder81

I'm boosted 500 at the the fly. Got couple videos on my IG (zed_TT) closing the gap on a new 565bhp vanquish and a run with 570bhp GTR which I held off upto 160mph at Dunsfold race track earlier this year. Power to weight plays a huge key when playing with the big boys and the Z's aren't the lightest of cars..

• 2 weeks later...

Short video of my old girl at Gurston Down hill climb.

Timing beam at the bottom of the first downhill section recorded 100 mph in 7.5 secs.

Same car two years earlier 79 mph and 10 secs.

That's a darn narrow track Andy although just makes me want to go out for a drive now. :surrender::lol::drive1

Where is that event? Any info on the net. Would love to take my pulsar.

VP

Short video of my old girl at Gurston Down hill climb.

Timing beam at the bottom of the first downhill section recorded 100 mph in 7.5 secs.

Same car two years earlier 79 mph and 10 secs.

That's a darn narrow track Andy although just makes me want to go out for a drive now. :surrender::lol::drive1

Where is that event? Any info on the net. Would love to take my pulsar.

VP

Gurston down speed hill climb events take place near Salisbury,Wiltshire each month from April to September.

Look on Gurston down.org

Just as a comparison like you asked I can only go with what I've raced before (off road lol) and it ranges from 360hp turbo civics, 380hp audi s3 , 380hp scooby and evo and things like that and I find were all equal roughly til 3rd gear and I pull slightly then 4th is where I pass them.ive also raced an 800hp supra and c63 AMG on the 1/4 mile and beat the both of them, probably down to the driver tho. Also raced a couple of r 35 gtr ' s with around 650hp and got my ass handed to me so it's all to do with how they put the power down and how usable it is

Im currently running 276 at the hubs (around 307bhp) with a NA tune on the DE, and theres this guy that lives near me that has a Clio 182 thats as standard as they come, and ffs i cant get rid of it in a straight line !! really winds me up.

He of course is wetting himself with laughter, and then goes to the pub with a sense of achievement. I go home and kick the dog. :rant:

I'm keeping an eye on your threads BodyB, FI is around the corner for me too so your asking the questions on my behalf at the moment :lol:

keeping the stock internals, and without looking to change that, i think i'll be chasing the SC route to get the 400hp+

I've sat in friends aftermarket tuned turbos (non-Zs) and they feel awesome. but when i get in the drivers seat, that lag is awful. but that may be down the quality of the tune and sizing of the turbo on their specs. :shrug:

ether way, i didnt like the lag. felt like my diesel TT.

Edited by Pritchard