Super-PowerPack - Palm size jump pack that start V8

MeisterR

Received mine today, and must say I'm very impressed with it :)

I haven't had a need to jump start a car from it yet, but it looks up to the job, and a neat item.

Even the box it comes in looks like something Apple have designed.

Very good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hass anyone tried this on a Z yet? I leant mine to a friend who's BMW 540 had a dead battery and it couldn't start it, then it is a 4.4L. After trying that I noticed the manual actually says "up to 3L" but I haven't tried it on the Z yet.

Hass anyone tried this on a Z yet? I leant mine to a friend who's BMW 540 had a dead battery and it couldn't start it, then it is a 4.4L. After trying that I noticed the manual actually says "up to 3L" but I haven't tried it on the Z yet.

Leave your lights on all night tonight, and then you'll be able to try it out in the morning :D

I haven't used mine yet.

See post 18 Vlad started first time.

Edwin

See post 18 Vlad started first time.

Edwin

Great, will give it a go this weekend. :)

• 5 weeks later...

My car hadn't been started in about 3 months so the battery was completely flat, however this jump box started the car after a few attempts. It works, however the instructions say that the device can't be used again to jump a car until it has been charged up (not just by power but apparently it disables the circuit), while this shouldn't be an issue you may want to be aware of it because if you stall just down the road it will likely be AA/RAC time.

My car hadn't been started in about 3 months so the battery was completely flat, however this jump box started the car after a few attempts. It works, however the instructions say that the device can't be used again to jump a car until it has been charged up (not just by power but apparently it disables the circuit), while this shouldn't be an issue you may want to be aware of it because if you stall just down the road it will likely be AA/RAC time.

Just reset the circuit board in the car before you drive off and you will be fine. Also charge it whilst you drive too :)

Edwin

• 1 year later...

Been thinking about getting one of these for the garage. I'm sick of dragging batteries out to customers cars.

Kind of resent the fact it'll just be getting nicked by every sod who comes in though :lol:

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk