No Sound From Bose System On Pioneer Headunit

Blimsa

First of I know this seems to have been asked various times before, however I cannot make sense of the answers given, as most are links to guides to install the headunit that are now outdated and pictures no longer hosted.

I have a new Pioneer Double Din screen jobbie, and bought all necessary cables from incartec.co.uk. Now it seems in the past people have had to splice into cables and hardwire things here and there. I used common sense as the guide they gave me with the cables didn't help much. Nothing needed splicing or hardwiring from what I could see, apart from a earth that I spliced into the earth on the pioneer lead to earth them both to the same point on the side of the stereo.

Now I have connected it all up into the car, and all seems to work other than sound! Steering controls work, gets good radio reception etc, but no sound at all!

I don't know if it matters but I have only connected the stereo stuff back in, not the little white control box below, or the guages above etc.

Is there anything I am missing? I have plugged the USC lead into where the stereo remote control should plug into as it was either that, rear speakers or AUX, none of which made sense?

Can any experts or otherwise help shed some light on this for me please??

Many many many thanks in advance!!

when i had mine installed mate i was told it was easier to buy a seperate amp as the other one only worked on the bose system without alot of tinkering with the wires. he said it may have to be bypassed if not, also said it needed like you said before almost a full rewire, im no expert but ive seen in a few posts that the bose amps are a pain to get working on aftermarket gear, sorry if this hasnt helped at all

This problem is ridiculous!

I have double checked the amp turn on cable and although it is not a straight forward connection, more of a circuit connection, it should be sufficiant!

I have checked all cables, and grounded headunit to the car and no differance!

Today tried to put oem bose headunit back in and that gets no sound either!!

Looked for the fuses, but can only see a 15a audio fuse, but obviously the screen turns on, steering wheel controls are ok, so it cant be that fuse as that must control the power to the unit??

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated as this is just mind boggling!

Problem resolved with many thanks to Buster at the Zed Shed! Top guys and their knowledge on Z's is incredible!!

Got it working like magic within half hour! But even he admitted it didn't make sense right away!! 😃 so I didnt feel to silly!!

For anyone reading this thread in a similar situation, the problem was the amp remote turn on. When I connected the stereo look to the incartech adapter it made a sort of circuit, but instead of going in a circuit the exposed connector from the incartech adapter had to just connect straight to the others that were already connected I believe.

Thanks again guys and was a pleasure to meet the both of you and your family!

• 6 years later...

Thanks for this post 😃

The problem is that the ctsns0012 harness is lacking the Amp On wire. So I took the blue Amp On wire from ct20ns07 ISO-connector and put it in the ctsns0012 ISO-connector (same place).

Then I connected the Amp On wire and the exposed System Remote Control wire together 👍

CAD2D8B3-DC91-435B-ABD9-07F69479DDA8.jpeg

Edited by Leif Jakobsen
Links to ISO harness.