SOLDParello's Purple & Gold Bagged 370z

parello9

It was a massively photographed car at Japfest so there is a big following for extremely slammed rides. How does the car handle now out of curiosity?

Yeah its good when i drop it down no bodyroll but its for performance nd show so best of both worlds

Serious question - does it clear speed humps or do you just avoid them?

Loool! I just push a button as im driving without stopping and it rises then after the bump push a button again nd drop it back down..

I can sit it on the floor or be a monster truck higher than standard suspension

You can track it or show :) much better than coilovers where youd be scraping everywhere

Edited by parello9
  • Like 1

What's the cost to to buy inc fitting mate ?

Also how does this affect the geo of the car ? Is it basically always out other than 1 preset setting / height ?

Does it handle very well ? As good as coilovers or not?

How comfy is it ?

Cheers

Edited by Bodyboarder81

and people thing air ride dont handle :lol:

Looking good bud

0.5 of a second is nothing though mate. This does look decent on the GTR, however if it was so good then why do we not see it around more often?
  • Like 1

Looking good bud

0.5 of a second is nothing though mate. This does look decent on the GTR, however if it was so good then why do we not see it around more often?

Looking good bud

I'd also like to see the difference between the Air suspension versus the likes of a set of Ohlins adjustables on the GTR.

It was a massively photographed car at Japfest so there is a big following for extremely slammed rides. How does the car handle now out of curiosity?

Yeah its good when i drop it down no bodyroll but its for performance nd show so best of both worlds

Serious question - does it clear speed humps or do you just avoid them?

Loool! I just push a button as im driving without stopping and it rises then after the bump push a button again nd drop it back down..

I can sit it on the floor or be a monster truck higher than standard suspension

You can track it or show :) much better than coilovers where youd be scraping everywhere

Ahhh I see - I didn't realise it could be raised up at the touch of a button.

Looking good bud

Looking good bud

I'd also like to see the difference between the Air suspension versus the likes of a set of Ohlins adjustables on the GTR.

Never said it was better did I but everyone seems to talk like this car now handles like Jack I think to have a airbag setup that handles as good as a stock gtr is incredible I can't be arsed to find it but there is a video of a Scooby being competitive in a time attack event with airlift kit fitted

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

Looking good bud

Looking good bud

Never said it was better did I but everyone seems to talk like this car now handles like Jack I think to have a airbag setup that handles as good as a stock gtr is incredible I can't be arsed to find it but there is a video of a Scooby being competitive in a time attack event with airlift kit fitted

Neither did I say it was worse or better. I just said I'd like to see the comparison between an Air set up and a the same car with Ohlins. Lets be honest, stock suspension on most cars usually leaves a lot to be desired- even with the GTR, improvements can be made.

......anyway , I've never said that it would handle like a turd , I'm not into the slammed look but I can genuine see the benefit of air ride ,if it handles well . By the vid you posted it would seem this is possible now.

Genuinely don't know what you're on about with regards Tarmac ....maybe I've missed other threads on it ?

I for one don't have any issues with any of the more active traders , having bought from Tarmac,Torqen,cougar and Clark ms .

• Like 1

Google the price to find out as its alot more than a set of coilovers!

This is all done properly most just dont have a clue about airbags on here

Me being one of them!

Yes I gather its a lot more than coilovers but I can see why to be honest .

So how does yours handle with them ? And are the comfortable compared to oem ?

To be honest at a standard ride height which i have tuned in its like OEM

When i go to a mower setting its firm and forgiving but eliminates body roll! Im well impressed with them

The only thing i may do is change to 35 profile instead of 40 to gain some more lows ;)

• Like 1

Just to add a little more information for those who are genuinely interested in what the Air ride kit is all about. I have the Air Lift Performance kit on my 350z but the 370 version is pretty much the same.

Replacing your stock suspension with a decent air ride kit will probably set you back between £2.5 and £3K for the kit and from the quotes I had regarding fitting will probably cost £700-1K dependant on the garage.

Air ride kits are full replacements for your your coil and springs on your car, but instead of having a spring you have a bag made of tyre like material which can be inflated or deflated. Some kits like the one I have monitor the air in all four corners while you are driving and constantly make small adjustments to keep the ride smooth and balanced.

Its just like replacing your standard suspension for coilovers as you can obviously adjust the height but you can also adjust the damper level in the same way you would a normal coilover.

With regards to geometry you would setup the cars geometry to the setting you would use for daily driving. I have 8 settings pre stored on my kit and each setting can be accessed quickly at the touch of a button. I only ever drive the car on 1 of those settings as that is what my car is setup for.

So yes it is expensive but you can spend a lot of money also on a decent set of coilovers. If you were a serious track driver then I would stick with coilovers all day long as you would only ever setup the car to suit the track conditions. But for someone who wants their car lower than standard and has a lot of speed bumps around or has a show pony and wants the decked look then air ride is a very good option.

Your car is looking good Nino will have to pop and see you next time you are around and have a look in the flesh,

11144421_10152807402262124_4600844241060210012_n_zpsjgulinl4.jpg

• Like 3

Oh and forgot to add that I have owned my 350 for 6 years and have done my fair share of spirited driving. Since changing to Air ride I think the ride quality is better than stock, I cant comment on how it compares to a decent coilover set-up but I prefer the way it handles now to how it was before. That maybe just because the damper level is a bit stiffer but the car feels much more planted and gives a good feedback.

• Like 2

My thread is not really a progress blog any more lol!! Good luck to people wanting to find updates in here now

Build a marmite car and this will happen mate. Do not take it personally in any way, I have had more than my fair share of negative comments over the years. Just remember any publicity is good publicity, haters gonna hate! you must be doing something right if people feel compelled enough to waste their precious time bitching on the net. Keep up the good work and always dare to be different.

• 1 month later...

okay so just been enjoying the car lately and trying to go to as many shows as i can as i couldn't last year

Just a random few pics :teeth:

267CE741-F77C-4034-8EEE-D4FA24F5E79D_zps0uwwxm8y.jpg

58A4E93D-450D-420B-BD04-49A9EACE73EA_zps98eph0qh.jpg

4CBDA6AB-1CEA-40BE-9CCC-BAE574640FFE_zpsc3f5bod6.jpg

6EFE17E2-8444-452B-A353-2496F5EDE9DA_zpszlwtdird.jpg

DFD90B2B-0B83-4AF8-B18B-63E63B9F1A21_zpsvyfrcedc.jpg

C9FF86F4-F630-4E2B-A3DD-5906A773F425_zpsyqoxe88g.jpg

I also Won judges choice at Santapod which im proud of B)

Got a lot of media attention lately as well on a bunch of soical networks

Hate or Love it lol But Dare to be different!

• Like 6

Can't believe I've only just stumbled across this build thread, I followed your blue 350 religiously! Although I've kept up to date with this one on insta.

Car looks great dude! Could be biased being a fellow stance nut n' all but these look so much better on the floor!

Wheels suit the car perfect, spent ages staring at this at players. Looking forward to seeing what you do next!

Also get some photos of it up with the Under glow ;)

Edited by Reeco
  • Like 1