Nismo S Tune Cat Back

Phlukey

As per title, still after one of these. Gutted I missed the one that came up in September :-( (that'll teach me for spending too much time on Supra Forums lol).

Must be in very good condition (ie no dents or scrapes) and be complete (ie all 3 sections)

Cash waiting and I'll even throw in my 24,000mile standard system if it helps sway you to sell. This could be a good way to make some extra money if you're planning on selling your Zed and it has a Nismo system fitted (you'll likely get far more selling the system separately rather than selling with it on the car).

I'd also buy new if the price is reasonable, for any traders who can still get hold of one.

Make my Christmas please and sell me your Nismo system ;-)

Edited by Phlukey

• 2 weeks later...

Why do you need all 3 parts? The back box is the piece you really need as this is what makes the heavenly sound... The Y pipe is known for not being brilliant and will likely have been replaced on older systems. With something so rare, don't limit your options! :)

Why do you need all 3 parts? The back box is the piece you really need as this is what makes the heavenly sound... The Y pipe is known for not being brilliant and will likely have been replaced on older systems. With something so rare, don't limit your options! :)

The Y-pipe and mid mid pipe are different sizes from the standard matey

The Y-pipe and mid mid pipe are different sizes from the standard matey

That's good to know. So what do you do when your y pipe eventually breaks, do you have to replace the entire system? I'm sure people have replaced them with Cobra or Motordyne without any fitment issues?

Not trying to start a silly argument Neil, but if he wants the Nismo sound, then the back box is the only element of importance, is it not? Everything else can be made to fit either with aftermarket or custom made. I totally agree that the full system would be best, but with very limited supply you don't want to further reduce your options by "having" to have the full cat back system. :)

• Like 1

Not trying to start a silly argument Neil, but if he wants the Nismo sound, then the back box is the only element of importance, is it not? Everything else can be made to fit either with aftermarket or custom made. I totally agree that the full system would be best, but with very limited supply you don't want to further reduce your options by "having" to have the full cat back system. :)

No mid pipe is completely different size which has a massive influence over the exhaust note. It won't marry up with the OEM pipe correctly either due to difference in flange size.

The Nismo exhaust is sold as a cat back originally so effectively if you don't have at least the mid pipe and backbox you don't really have a Nismo exhaust. The pipe diameter and material its made of has a massive influence over the velocity of the gases and ultimately the sound it makes.

• 6 months later...

That's very cruel muckyman :p

I don't think that's a genuine Nismo S tune system though. The tail pipes are normally rolled, so not sure what that system is?

+ 1 that was my first impression too sorry , could be wrong though.

That's very cruel muckyman :p

I don't think that's a genuine Nismo S tune system though. The tail pipes are normally rolled, so not sure what that system is?

+ 1 that was my first impression too sorry , could be wrong though.

interesting, did Nismo do another exhaust for the 350Z apart from the S Tune?

Got another pic below in case that helps

7A10D08F-F2BE-4A5C-872A-B92E61295B7C.jpg?1435754391914&1435754393443

It will have a label stamped on it (weldina I think?) to show its authenticity towards the back right as you look at it from the rear. The Nismo normally has rolled tips but saying that I've never seen a Nismo exhaust from an HR? Might be revised.

• Like 1

It will have a label stamped on it (weldina I think?) to show its authenticity towards the back right as you look at it from the rear. The Nismo normally has rolled tips but saying that I've never seen a Nismo exhaust from an HR? Might be revised.

Yup, it has the Weldina Nismo plate!

:-)

• 2 weeks later...