Old age has arrived!

AK350Z

Certainly seems that way looking at my renewal prices!

Didn't have much time to ring round this year, so just did the bare minimum comparason site lookup and then phoned my current insurer (Admiral) back to argue their auto-quote as per usual. They under cut their own compare-the-meerkat prices too, "loyalty discount" apparently?

Under £260! (first time its gone under £300 for me)

34 years old, 350Z with all the nismo bits. Can't argue with that really. :)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Didn't have much time to ring round this year, so just did the bare minimum comparason site lookup and then phoned my current insurer (Admiral) back to argue their auto-quote as per usual. They under cut their own compare-the-meerkat prices too, "loyalty discount" apparently?

Just looking at my insurance, due in next couple of weeks.

Admiral, 313HR with mods, 52 years old, £208 fully comp.

Good to be an old fart sometimes ....

Wait until you get to my age (wrong side of 60) got my 370 with mods, Jane's 1.4 Fiesta and my shed all for less than £500 with Admiral Multicar policy.

OP thats a great price

Mine at 33 is c£500 with the usual mods we do declared

What is odd is my prev car a 2006 650i was a fair bit cheaper (and modified), even though it had double the retail price tag and >100bhp more, weird

Amazing. Im tempted to get a quote myself just to see if the cost of insuring a zed has dropped drastically or if they will still quote me nearly a grand for a 2007 zed.

EDIT: Yep, looks like zed insurance has dropped like a stone since I sold mine. Great. Just about typical. Cheapest I could get a few years back was £900 a year to insure mine fully comp. Now, the cheapest is coming up at £278 Fully Comp. (Out of interest I also checked and whilst Third Party Only means a much much lower risk to the insurance company, they actually wanted £360 for that... mad).

Edited by rabbitstew

What is odd is my prev car a 2006 650i was a fair bit cheaper (and modified), even though it had double the retail price tag and >100bhp more, weird

interesting may well have to do a go compare on one of these, I imagine its because they were previously only bought by older drivers who never crash, and so is considered very cheap.

I imagine that a 350Z is becoming more of a risk than it was as younger drivers are now buying them and crashing more... my insurance has decreased by a bit, but not by as much as I would have hoped!

Its just statistics really, im guessing the insurance company has probably paid out more for zeds than 650i`s hence cheaper price, although you never know. When I got my zed, insurance companies were quoting me something like £400 for a Lambo Gallardo, £500 for a Porsche Boxter and £600 for a E46 BMW M3, but wanted a staggering £900 for my standard unmodified zed.

I imagine that a 350Z is becoming more of a risk than it was as younger drivers are now buying them and crashing more... my insurance has decreased by a bit, but not by as much as I would have hoped!

On the other hand, the older the zed gets, the cheaper its worth so they will have to pay out less. Still, based upon the quote i got today, £278 compared to £900 a couple of years back is a huge drop on the same car. My BMW 123d`s insurance has remained pretty constant at £300 a year over that time and nothing has changed in my circumstances / location, so it must be down to the actual zed and not me.

Mine was around £250 last June with Bell (part of Admiral group),26 yrs old, 6 yrs NC, but with one bump (not at fault). The Mrs is also on my policy (26, 1 bump against her name). Always worth shopping round & every year I phone and 'argue' with Bell, always results in a discount!

Mine was around £250 last June with Bell (part of Admiral group),26 yrs old, 6 yrs NC, but with one bump (not at fault). The Mrs is also on my policy (26, 1 bump against her name). Always worth shopping round & every year I phone and 'argue' with Bell, always results in a discount!

thats good :thumbs:

i just bartered my renewal with Privilidge from £295 down to £272

• 1 month later...

thats good :thumbs:

i just bartered my renewal with Privilidge from £295 down to £272

I got my renewal from Privilege end of last month at a little over £300 which they got down to £270`ish when I rang them up but I swapped to AXA for £210 + 20 quid cash back from Quidco. Well happy .!