Just bought a 350z...Knocking Engine...

nels0n

£4100 is very cheap either way so for around £5.5k you could have a decent z. Well done again though mate for taking it on the chin and being mature about your mistake.. Hope you remain in the z world..

Martin

There have been many a rant thread on here about bad purchases and various other things and have to say Nelson has been the best behaved, most mature poster of the lot. I was gobsmacked back on page 1 or whatever it was when people confirmed the engine was kaput that he admitted his own fault and was ready to take it on the chin and buy a replacement (before a load of comments about going around with your mates started flying about - which is daft by the way - apart from it being illegal there is always someone tougher than you and your mates) and fair play for dealing with it with such a positive attitude.

Looks like per chance there are engines about - like others have said, it will in the grand scheme of things get you a car at a reasonable overall price but do collect as much evidence of the engine swap, receipts etc as come sale time its the sort of thing that will put people off and you will have to have a convincing set of paperwork to show its all legit. A good idea when you do it is to start a new thread on here in the projects section so any buyer down the line can refer to it.

• Like 2

I can't. I feel it's my obligation to help the terminally stupid :p

Such a pleasant human being aren't you.

When people show a modicum of common sense, you'd be surprised how accommodating I can be. My sympathy started to die a little while ago though if I'm honest, as I'm starting to see how you ended up in this situation in the first place.

Look, I do feel sorry for you but ultimately there is no-one to blame here but yourself. We can, and will, assist you as much as we can as a club, but at some point you're going to have to start taking some of the advice that's being offered.

Either strip the car and sell it, mothball until you've saved enough to fix it, or borrow enough to repair and get it running. Forget courts or big mates, they won't help you.

You could always try and flog it on again and just hope that someone does what you did, i.e. not ask too many questions. I would hope that you wouldn't do that though, nor do I think it's even crossed your mind.

I can't. I feel it's my obligation to help the terminally stupid :p

Such a pleasant human being aren't you.

When people show a modicum of common sense, you'd be surprised how accommodating I can be. My sympathy started to die a little while ago though if I'm honest, as I'm starting to see how you ended up in this situation in the first place.

Look, I do feel sorry for you but ultimately there is no-one to blame here but yourself. We can, and will, assist you as much as we can as a club, but at some point you're going to have to start taking some of the advice that's being offered.

Either strip the car and sell it, mothball until you've saved enough to fix it, or borrow enough to repair and get it running. Forget courts or big mates, they won't help you.

You could always try and flog it on again and just hope that someone does what you did, i.e. not ask too many questions. I would hope that you wouldn't do that though, nor do I think it's even crossed your mind.

ekona takes some warming to but you get there ;)

• Like 2

Guys go easy on the poor guy. Lets help and get another Z back on the road. Seriously Nelson, get a card or loan or anything. Im guessing if youve not had credit before your probably young??. However what ever you do, do not drive it. You maybe able to get something back on the engine even if its shaggd as someone out there may want a project to rebuilt it. Im in South Wales too, where about are you?? PM me if you want. If ya close, Ill pop in and take a look ar at least listen to it for a few secs.

Guys go easy on the poor guy. Lets help and get another Z back on the road. Seriously Nelson, get a card or loan or anything. Im guessing if youve not had credit before your probably young??. However what ever you do, do not drive it. You maybe able to get something back on the engine even if its shaggd as someone out there may want a project to rebuilt it. Im in South Wales too, where about are you?? PM me if you want. If ya close, Ill pop in and take a look ar at least listen to it for a few secs.

Think he needs to join the que poor old grundy cars forgotten it is a car :lol:

Thanks guys, another reason for wanting to keep it, this community! I havent been in a decent community since my Toyota MR2 days! Im based in Swansea mate

Define young, im 27 :p Ive just never needed to have credit so i know nothing about it to be honest, i rent a house so no mortgage etc. I started off with a Nissan Almera, and worked my way up by doing things to the cars and getting a better one, i ended up on a Nissan silvia s15, and since the bottom end went ive dropped abit! lol but as i mentioned something gripped me on this car when i drove it home, this is whats stopping me from getting rid of it.

Edited by nels0n

Looks like you're going to end up with a great zed for a good price still, even factoring in for the replacement engine.

Like some people have been saying, 0% finance is readily available by juggling a few cards - just get it done! Think about it later :teeth:

Looks like you're going to end up with a great zed for a good price still, even factoring in for the replacement engine.

Like some people have been saying, 0% finance is readily available by juggling a few cards - just get it done! Think about it later :teeth:

Yes i agree mate, after factoring in the initial pain of a new engine i think i would still make money on it! But i can see me staying with the car for a long time if i change the engine. As mentioned love the car!

CPS = Criminal Protection Service :) Yes you need a case file as big as a house to get a conviction these days.

Difficult point to prove for the OP if the car drove home ok ,unfortunate but true. I feel for you mate but its unlikely you will see a return of monies.

Me being one of the people saying go back to his and sort it out was probably a knee jerk reaction as to be fair I'm only 5,9 and couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding !! But reading the thread I'm not sure the op done a lot wrong really ? Looked at the car , went for a drive , was all good ..... Didn't check the oil? But it was probably around the right level as the seller probably topped it up. He could have asked all the questions in the world about it and the seller would have told what he wanted to hear , even if it was lies! As others have said it's your word against his and that will be hard to prove in court . Find a good engine and get it sorted .

Good luck with it and I genuinely hope you can get it sorted .

I cant believe that this thread has rambled on for so long, the OP has held his hands up and said its down to him and he doesn't want to pursue things further, so maybe the bandwidth would be better taken up with ways to help him get hold of another engine to fit rather than the "told you so" and "stupid " remarks, we all make **** ups from time to time, and at least he had the courage to admit it.

Edited by Tricky-Ricky
  • Like 3

NelsON.

Write him one letter and give reasonable about of time to reply.

Send it special delivery.

If he fails to reimburse in full go to this address https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

It's easy to follow and it works.

I have used it 3 times now and each time I got my full amount back plus the cost of issuing the summons.

Forget all this violence nonsense for now, get them later.

A punch in the gob is very satisfying to you , but a refund is more painful to him.

If you get stuck then ask one of the guys to help you.

I am not going to be about for a few weeks otherwise I will do it for you.

:)

• Like 1

NelsON.

If he fails to reimburse in full go to this address https://www.moneycla...eb/mcol/welcome

I have used it 3 times now and each time I got my full amount back plus the cost of issuing the summons.

A punch in the gob is very satisfying to you , but a refund is more painful to him.

Oh dear, here we go again. Did you actually read the thread? If the seller will turn up in court to defend the claim and won't do anything completely retarded there is exactly zero chance of nelson winning this.

• Like 1

NelsON.

If he fails to reimburse in full go to this address https://www.moneycla...eb/mcol/welcome

Oh dear, here we go again. Did you actually read the thread? If the seller will turn up in court to defend the claim and won't do anything completely retarded there is exactly zero chance of nelson winning this.

106 posts and already causing controversy.

Read up about money on line.

You get a court order for the amount owing.

No one goes to court.

Can I suggest you concentrate on helping and not coming on at pub closing time being a keyboard warrior

NelsON.

No one goes to court.

Can I suggest you concentrate on helping and not coming on at pub closing time being a keyboard warrior

To be fair, the OP has mentioned he wants to swap the engine a number of times....so Your comment isn't great

No one goes to court.

Do you even understand what you are saying yourself? You can only get a court order for the money owed if the money is in a fact owed, which is, like, the whole point of this thread. No court will ever issue an order without considering the merits of the claim if the amount is in a dispute.