Mod suggestions...

Sarah chantal

He's not really this sensible usually ;)

That's not true. :surrender::lol:;)

Pipe down Supercharged Boy. ;)

You will be supercharged Papa, you will conform.

That's a great idea. :teeth:

Graham's Zed has the look's just need's the go, go, go now. :drive1

Sure Tarmac Chris could do you a good deal Graham. ;)

• Like 1

Absolutely agree.

I mean that ARK is just crying for some hissing noise to compliment it :)

• Like 1

Not listening la la la la la la la!!!
  • Like 2

Not listening la la la la la la la!!!

Oh yes you are. I can see the excitement in your writing.

We should have a whip round and kidnap your Zed and fit a V3 then return it to your driveway.

When you next going to Canada?

Depends on your budget really but never lose focus that the basics must come first so servicing/fluids/decent tyres etc

Certainly +1 for a decent service as you dont want to be unleashing stuff if your base is not sound. My Zed was pretty much stock but first things were P3 service/once over check and uprev at Abbey, then gone for looks overs performance. So full interior retrim/carbon dipping as I spend most of the time in the car so stands to reason that my priority, then a set of Rays/spacers ,few body work bits and finally engine bay tart up. Waiting for the bank balance to recover before next mods which will be more performance related so likely HFC's then Dyno

Simple cheap mod ? - change your bulbs for LED's - instant improvement and very cheap especially interior ones

• Like 1

Where to start? Or where to stop!

Had my zed a few months now, don't actually know what I want to modify yet, so what's people's suggestions?

I recently had a lovely big scratch from my front wing all along to the back repaired after some jealous person decided to key her whilst I was parked at work! This was a month after owning the zed! I was gutted. I managed to repair some myself, but it still set back some

Money that I hadn't expected!

Sounds a bit like my story. Had my zed 4 weeks now. Some idiot scraped it last weekend whilst it was parked up, so I have extra expense to get that repaired now.

I wasn't planning on modding, but couldn't hold off any more. So far I have changed the aerial to a stubby and added spacers. I have new front and rear burgers to fit sometime. Club stickers added to each side. I have also this evening ordered an all singing and dancing double din stereo/ satnav unit. I'm also off to see Mitz at CS this Saturday.

It's never ending :)

Sorry to hear about the scrape. And your doing it up quicker than I am! I'm not going to start until the new year, too busy spending my money on other people for Xmas lol.

• Like 1

Depending on what's been done in the car's history I'd be inclined to hold off on the mods until you get a good service under the Zeds belt. By good service I mean something along these lines which is what I had done not long after purchasing mine.

• Gearbox oil change ~ also adding Molyslip can improve gear changes I found.
  • Coolant change ~ genuine Nissan coolant ~ should be changed every 36K miles or every 3 years whichever comes soonest.
  • Brake fluid change ~ I used Motul RBF600 ~ should be changed every 27K miles or every 2 years whichever comes soonest.
  • Spark plugs ~ should be changed every 54K miles or every 5 years whichever comes soonest.
  • Diff oil change.
  • Power steering fluid.
  • Air filter ~ after market panel filter/lot's of choices ~ yearly change is best or more often if driving in the desert. :lol:

Also worth making sure all your braking system is up to scratch like the pads, discs & brake lines. If you can get under the car like on garage ramps then other good things to check over are your banana arm bushes, drop links and anti-roll bar bushes as all can perish/deteriorate over time. ;)

Once your happy the car's all good then I'd start thinking about what mods you'd like to do. Personally I started more or less with my exhaust system as it made a big difference to the way the car sounded which for me was a big plus. :thumbs:

This is very helpful, and exactly what I shall do first. No point in spending money on exterior if the interior isn't good! These were my basic ideas to do in jan before any mods. As the car is due her serivce then anyway :)

Edited by Sarah chantal

First thing that happened with the old car- twin exhaust was put on and cat taken off, it's a loud car, and only just passed with the noise- neighbours complained- said i should buy a cheap normal car, so i went and got the Z instead! and still have the other car! haha I need my exuasht to sound loud- only for my neighbour. Haha. I'm

A good neighbour, honestly, this guy just over stepped the mark by informing the police who could do nothing at all as the sound is just legal! Lol

I was apparently not aloud to fix my car on my own dive according to my neighbour! As it was annoying him that I kept turning the car on and off. Not my fault the car wouldnt stay on! It kept cutting out and I was attempting process of elimination to figure out why. I sorted it, but not without him moaning all the time. :/ to me it's nice to see people attempting it, rather than just giving up or sending it to be repaired. Oh well :) rant over. :/

Edited by Sarah chantal

Sounds like the guy down the road from me (he's nuts and an alcoholic), he reported by dad to the police for parking outside his house (there's nothing to stop him parking there). He also shouted out the window that I was a bad neighbour when me and my boyfriend were trying to sort out an overheating issue and had the car running for a bit (before I had my decats fitted so nowhere near as loud as it is now) - the following week he must have been back on his medication (and off the drink) as I was outside cleaning the zed and he shouted hello and waved at me lol

• Like 1