IS300H or C class

gangzoom

So it looks like we're finally ready to sign on the dotted line for a replacement of our trusted Civic.

Went to see the Lexus IS300H last weekend and really liked it....so much so we've booked a 24hr test drive this coming Saturday in view of doing the deal on a new one.

My wife liked the idea of new car so much (who wouldn't :)) we have raised the budget to £35k.....Than last night one of these past me whilst on my way to work, and I have to say it looked fab

4e729b3dc7c8306eadc047e089fa37db.jpg

So got home today and had play on the Configurator and for the same price as the IS300H you actually get more kit and a decent petrol engine rather with autobox rather than the hybrid CVT set up.

Now I love the technology of the hybrid drive in the Lexus, especially EV mode, but given the battery capacity is only 1.6kwh compared to 65-85kwh in a Tesla, I cannot help but feel the Lexus is more of a conventional petrol car rather a real EV machine.....and I was surprised spec for spec it costs more than the Merc, which in pictures anyways just look more classy.

So plan now is to pick up the IS300H on Saturday for the test drive and take it straight to the Merc dealer for comparison :)

So which one would you pick out of the two??

(No other suggestions please, yes I know a similar spec Jag XE is same price but she doesn't like the XE, and a petrol 3.0 SC XF is just overkill and as I keep reminding my self, it's a car for my wife not a toy for me ;))

Edited by gangzoom