New Z owner, wont go in to gear when cold

SyMan80

Hi, picked up my 54 plate Z with 52,000 on the clock. All was fine till the weather became colder the other day. It takes about 15 mins of warming up before I can get it in to any gear. Absolutely fine when it's warmed up

Although ive read its very notchy and a few have this problem non seem to be as severe as this. This morning I didnt have the hand brake on and trying to get it in to first was like hitting a wall but I noticed the car was creeping ever so slightly forward could this be tge clutch isn't fully engaged when the pedal is pressed? Also if I turn the engine off I can select any gear easily.

Any thoughts or help appricated

Apart from this its a fantastic car (onece warmed up)

Cheerss

Simon

Try changing the gearbox oil and adding molyslip, for me this made it go into gear when cold much easier although I could always get it in. I also have to put it into neutral from 1st rather than right into 2nd to avoid a notchy change when cold, it's all fine when warm though.

• Like 1

I would start with changing the gearbox oil and adding molyslip

also do the diff at the same time, all 350s suffer from a 1st / 2nd gear notchy problems from cold.

Had it with mine when I first got it, did the above perfect since.

PM Clark Motorsport for the Gearbox and get the diff oil kit as well. :pmclark: .

Start with that..!!

Edited by WhackyWill
  • Like 1