New project..... Datsun 240z

grahamc

It is with great pleasure that I introduce you to my new project, a Datsun 240z. This car has been on my list of cars to own for ages!

I logged onto a Z forum on Saturday night with the intention of putting my 350z up for sale (thread was created here, but never got round to it on the other site) and came across a for sale ad for a RHD Datsun 240z. It was late so sent a quick text message to confirm car was available and that I would call the next day. It was :D: Called the owner, had a good chat about the car and about 20 minutes later missus and I were in the GTR on our way from Surrey to Blackpool to view the car - 270 miles one way.

A long trip, but well worth it!! The car needs a bloody good clean, some cosmetic work doing and the carbs need a tune up, but the car has been used on a regular(ish) basis and the owner is great!! Z nutter for over 20 years and such a nice guy. Spent about an hour and a half going over the car, going for a drive, chatting about this car and his many other 240z (he has owned a few). Left a deposit and started the long trip home, which did not go well...... but all I can think of today, is the 240z!! Need to arrange collection and transportation of it today.

The list of things to do is:-

1. Get the car down home

2. Get the carbs tuned and exhaust manifold gasket needs to be changed

3. Enjoy the car for a little, before the cosmetic works gets started.... not sure on how I am going to do this, might be a complete strip down and respray

Here is a quick teaser:-

image_zps3d867499.jpeg

Edited by grahamc

Is it a UK car or a Cali import?

Good purchase regardless!

Edit: just noticed you said it's a RHD. Is it originally a RHD or a conversion?

RHD original

Well done Graham. A good car from a top z car family. I'm sure they'll be heartbroken to see it go. I am sure you'll cherish it.

Been looking for one for so long and so glad that I found one from an owner like this. He is nearly 80 and you can see that he still loves to drive the car, but just cant work on the car..... truly sad, but I am wanting to get the car decent before the Nissan Experience day next year June/July at Donnington and I will then invite him and his wife down.

This will be the first time in 24 years that he is without a Z...... thats true love!!!!

Lexx you have aready seen the car at Lakes last year and maybe the year before belonged to Brian Baker who has been in the z scene from back in the early ninties

hey if it keeps going on like this there will be more s30s owned by people on here than in the Z Club!

• Like 2

Thanks all, will definitely keep this updated :)

Lexx you have aready seen the car at Lakes last year and maybe the year before belonged to Brian Baker who has been in the z scene from back in the early ninties

hey if it keeps going on like this there will be more s30s owned by people on here than in the Z Club!

Spot on!!! Brian is a great guy and honestly a shame that he has had to sell, but I am glad I got it.

Im on the ZClub too ;) just not posted there yet

Edited by grahamc

here you go graham picture of some of the brits who went to the Dutch International meet back in 1995 see if you recognize Brian and Brenda Baker from back then before looking at the list below. Also for people who have been to the lakez 2014 there are about 8 people who 19 years on are still going to Z Events

250270_207968609241729_1706492_n.jpg?oh=ce243e5e0a4506ee6c8f5eeb555963f6&oe=54E9012A

Best I can do with the brits who where there Julie Wilkins, John Wilkins, Stuart Phillips(above), Kelly Wilkins, Mark Rayner, Brian Baker (below),Brian Kesterton, Me, Pauline Burns (next but one), Dave Potter (center Bottom Row) guy above him cant remember, next to him Jane Illsely , Grahamam Illsley, Robin Smith (above Sandar Pul)

Brenda Baker front ow 3rd from left

Edited by Steve Burns

RHD original

Well done Graham. A good car from a top z car family. I'm sure they'll be heartbroken to see it go. I am sure you'll cherish it.

Been looking for one for so long and so glad that I found one from an owner like this. He is nearly 80 and you can see that he still loves to drive the car, but just cant work on the car..... truly sad, but I am wanting to get the car decent before the Nissan Experience day next year June/July at Donnington and I will then invite him and his wife down.

This will be the first time in 24 years that he is without a Z...... thats true love!!!!

Great car , saw this too at Lakez this year.

The nissan experience at donnington next year is that the leaflets a chap was handing out at JapFest2 ?

I know this car and the owner well. Great purchase mate. :)

Fantastic people, so friendly! Was offered dinner, before I even said I wanted the car....

here you go graham picture of some of the brits who went to the Dutch International meet back in 1995 see if you recognize Brian and Brenda Baker from back then before looking at the list below. Also for people who have been to the lakez 2014 there are about 8 people who 19 years on are still going to Z Events

250270_207968609241729_1706492_n.jpg?oh=ce243e5e0a4506ee6c8f5eeb555963f6&oe=54E9012A

Best I can do with the brits who where there Julie Wilkins, John Wilkins, Stuart Phillips(above), Kelly Wilkins, Mark Rayner, Brian Baker (below),Brian Kesterton, Me, Pauline Burns (next but one), Dave Potter (center Bottom Row) guy above him cant remember, next to him Jane Illsely , Grahamam Illsley, Robin Smith (above Sandar Pul)

Brenda Baker front ow 3rd from left

Is Brian 1st on the left 2nd row? Would never have guessed Brenda...

RHD original

Great car , saw this too at Lakez this year.

The nissan experience at donnington next year is that the leaflets a chap was handing out at JapFest2 ?

Please post any pics you have.

No idea, but I joined the event this year and did fast laps for passengers on the heritage loop. Would love to get the 240 out on that :D