Poppy time!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobby D

I'm always moved by the sacrifices so many others have made for me to be able to enjoy my life.

I was sat at work yesterday when one of the security guys came into the office pushing a wheelchair with a gentleman who had made such sacrifices handing out poppies. I thought it a great idea as we were able to chat with him rather than passing by and dropping a few coins in a bucket whilst in a rush when out and about.

The security guys in our place are made up of mostly ex servicemen who do a lot of charity and volunteering work for the RBL, H4H etc.

Lest we forget

P.s on my phone and not sure how to get the poppy emblem :(

• Like 1

A visit to The Tower of London if you can possibly make it is a must.

I have visited twice, once last Thursday evening where I was there for the Roll Call of names - lasting some 25 minutes.

There were easily 30 - 40, 000 people and you could have heard a pin drop.

A dramatic sight, made even more moving knowing someone lost their lives for every poppy planted.

They have all now been sold too, but there are the usual poppies for sale, plus some beautiful cermaic ones in all guises inside the Tower Shop.

• Like 3

I'm in London in 3 weeks time. I'm hoping I get to see the tower if it's still there. Rather humbling to think each and everyone one of those flowers is a British life. So many more poppies were given

lest we forget.

I mean the poppies not the tower.

Edited by Fodder

I'm in London in 3 weeks time. I'm hoping I get to see the tower if it's still there. Rather humbling to think each and everyone one of those flowers is a British life. So many more poppies were given

lest we forget.

And they sold them all too, 888,246. Makes you think hard doesn't it?
  • Like 1

I'm always moved by the sacrifices so many others have made for me to be able to enjoy my life.

I was sat at work yesterday when one of the security guys came into the office pushing a wheelchair with a gentleman who had made such sacrifices handing out poppies. I thought it a great idea as we were able to chat with him rather than passing by and dropping a few coins in a bucket whilst in a rush when out and about.

The security guys in our place are made up of mostly ex servicemen who do a lot of charity and volunteering work for the RBL, H4H etc.

Lest we forget

P.s on my phone and not sure how to get the poppy emblem :(

I did it this way but I'm sure there's an easier way, copy our poppy to you desk top, go to your profile and upload the poppy to your gallery, edit your signature in your profile and add the poppy image to your sig, worked for me, hope that helps.

lest we forget.

And they sold them all too, 888,246. Makes you think hard doesn't it?

It's humbling whichever way you see it but the least the generations which follow can do.

Lest we forget

It won't be there in 3 weeks.

The dismantling starts on the 11th November, Remembrance Sunday - although amny people are hoping it stays longer.

Roll Call is daily at 16.55pm

Ahh thanks. I'd read somewhere they would stay in place 2 weeks after armistice which I thought was odd unless it's going to take 2 weeks to dismantle.

Youth and seniors were out in chester collecting yesterday which is great to see the generations helping each other to raise money and awareness.

Do TV stations employ someone to make sure that every presenter is wearing a poppy this time of year before they go on air? And do they have like a massive box of them that they dip into before the cameras roll?

I was thinking about this the other day. I can't imagine they leave it up to the presenters, too big a risk to be seen on TV without one.

Do TV stations employ someone to make sure that every presenter is wearing a poppy this time of year before they go on air? And do they have like a massive box of them that they dip into before the cameras roll?

I was thinking about this the other day. I can't imagine they leave it up to the presenters, too big a risk to be seen on TV without one.

I've had the same thought but not just with the presenters but also guests on bbc breakfast etc.

I hope they make donations but having them so prominent helps with the publicity

Saw this today for the first time and have shamelessly pinched it from StevoD:-

I am not a badge of honour,

I am not a racist smear,

I am not a fashion statement,

To be worn but once a year,

I am not glorification

Of conflict or of war.

I am not a paper ornament

A token,

I am more.

I am a loving memory,

Of a father or a son,

A permanent reminder

Of each and every one.

Im paper or enamel

I'm old or shining new,

I'm a way of saying thank you,

To every one of you.

I am a simple poppy

A Reminder to you all,

That courage faith and honour,

Will stand where heroes fall.

Paul Hunter 2014

• Like 2

Just a reminded to everyone to get their Poppy's on in remembrance to all those fallen from the Great War to current conflicts! I'll be wearing mine proud as of today on my uniform!

For a serving solider like my self this really is a good time to reflect! So please get those Poppy's on!

Thank you

RIP Liam Tasker and his Dog Theo (RAVC)

As per my Corps directive, wearing mine behind my cap badge since the first and I'll be on parade on Sunday somewhere in Afghanistan.

As an aside, was working with the MWD in Bastion, they came under our command near the end, great bunch of lads and lasses, Liam Tasker and Theo are well remembered. Got a few stories from where I am now about the MWD, but I'll save that when we're ALL home :)

• Like 1