Poppy time!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobby D

Just a reminded to everyone to get their Poppy's on in remembrance to all those fallen from the Great War to current conflicts! I'll be wearing mine proud as of today on my uniform!

For a serving solider like my self this really is a good time to reflect! So please get those Poppy's on!

Thank you

RIP Liam Tasker and his Dog Theo (RAVC)

• Like 17

Just a reminded to everyone to get their Poppy's on in remembrance to all those fallen from the Great War to current conflicts! I'll be wearing mine proud as of today on my uniform!

For a serving solider like my self this really is a good time to reflect! So please get those Poppy's on!

Thank you

Nice one Bobby D, I normally post something up but you beat me to it this year :notworthy: Don't forget to use the Poppy Smilie every time you post from now until Rememberance Sunday :poppy: :poppy: :poppy: I've pinned this thread too.

I bought a Poppy for the Tower of London tribute and I've got my Poppy and a Poppy Lapel Pin too

1410516116218_Image_galleryImage_LONDON_ENGLAND_SEPTEMBER_.JPG

• Like 3

Thank you

Nice one Bobby D, I normally post something up but you beat me to it this year :notworthy: Don't forget to use the Poppy Smilie every time you post from now until Rememberance Sunday :poppy: :poppy: :poppy: I've pinned this thread too.

I bought a Poppy for the Tower of London tribute and I've got my Poppy and a Poppy Lapel Pin too

I really wanted to get one of them Poppy's but they had sold out :-(! X

Thank you

Going to the Tower of London on the 8th November to see this.
  • Like 1

IMO visiting the war graves in France and Belgium should be available as part of the curriculum in our schools, not necessarily mandatory but accessible for our children (This may be he case now, I've been left skool for 17yrs).

As a 21yo whilst backpacking around Thailand and Malaysia I visited some allied war graves on the border of Myanmar (Burma), I wont lie, I was in pieces, such a powerful yet peaceful place, left a longer lasting memory than anything else.

Respect for all those fallen, have served or are serving, and their families, helps keep the Great in Great Britain

:poppy:

The acts of bravey and selflessness of some of those who gave their lives I can't even begin to comprehaend. Of course we only hear about the reported ones through service citations such as the one below, so many others gave their lives and were literally never seen again. :poppy:

For acts of selflessness and personal bravery I have to go for Corporal Alfred G. Drake, 8th Rifle Brigade.

On 23rd November 1915, 8th RB was in the line at La Brique, when Lieutenant Tryon was ordered to lead a four man reconnaissance patrol into No Mans Land between the British and German forward positions, aged 21 Corporal Drake was a member of this patrol.

"For most conspicuous bravery on the night of 23rd November, 1915, near La Brique. He was one of a patrol of four which was reconnoitering towards the German lines, the patrol was discovered when close to the enemy who opened heavy fire with rifle and machine gun, wounding the officer and one man. The latter was carried back by the last remaining man. Corporal Drake remained with his officer and was last seen kneeling beside him and bandaging his wounds regardless of the enemy fire. Later a rescue party crawling near the German lines found the officer and corporal, the former unconscious but alive and bandaged. Corporal Drake beside him dead and riddled with bullets. He had given his own life and saved his officer."

Reports from the battalion state that he was draped over Lt. Tryon's body as if to protect him. :poppy: