LakeZ 2015

martinmac

A little update on Toyah. She has agreed to do the "Up close and personal" format. So as well as the music there will be a powerpoint presentation during the show with lots of anecdotes. Starting to sort out sound and lighting equipment now. All good fun. :)

Sounds great Mart.

Flygirl and I will be walking in the mountains again on the Sat instead of the drive out, as its the only way i can get her there.

Any seasoned walkers are welcome to join us but it will involve a stiff climb or two, maybe a small scramble and experience in the hills and wet weather gear will be necessary.

If anyone is interested I will be able to sort out a route in advance.

At present i am due to be off work for this, and would plan to come up saturday morning and camp, leaving sunday afternoon/evening.... however work situation is a bit volatile at the moment, redundancies and rota changes due from 22nd June onwards, so i may or may not be able to make it! Gonna stick my name down and hope for the best!! MrNiki is working, so it'll just be me i think :)

Niki

Sounds great Mart.

Flygirl and I will be walking in the mountains again on the Sat instead of the drive out, as its the only way i can get her there.

Any seasoned walkers are welcome to join us but it will involve a stiff climb or two, maybe a small scramble and experience in the hills and wet weather gear will be necessary.

If anyone is interested I will be able to sort out a route in advance.

Striding Edge ? :teeth:

Bit of a trip round to striding and I was on top of Helvellyn on Christmas day,

Will probably be around Coniston somewhere as its on the right side for a shorter drive/longer walk.

Dow Craig, Swirl how. Wetherlam, the man himself, etc depending on forecast

• 2 weeks later...

May be abit late reading this! But me and the mrs would like to attend after the nice short time we had in wales! What is the situation all hotels probably booked up? Is there camping spots still free? Thanks

There should still be camping space (we work on a first come first served basis for camping (except for staff).

Some B&Bs may have space. You could try The Engine Inn. They had a room a few weeks back, but not sure now.

Thanks for filling me in guys. Hopefully the weather will be nice and can tie it in with a trip to grasmere.

If anything like last year, this will be one of best events of the year. Fingers crossed for good weather 😎

hahahaha.

you wont believe who is in Skipton on sunday for work :D

looks like i'll be able to say hello on sunday. woop.

it might sound like a long way away (skipton) but when you're from kent and the Lakes are 5hrs away.... its actually now really close.

First post updated. The food on Saturday will be a BBQ which will continue during the evening while there is a demand.

Also please note that Cartmel becomes a car park whilst the race traffic is getting to and from the course. The usual journey of 10 minutes from the A590 can take over an hour. This will be from 1000 to 1200 and 1730 to 1830 on the Friday and Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...