***Group Buy KAZZ LSD's 350z & 370Z***

are the final ratios the same as oem?

i thinks the right term anyway

As Keyser says the FD will remain the same but if anyone is interested in a different one let me know we can offer a few options.

1.5 sounds perfect then

Interested to know more........... about the FD changes that are available ;)

I'll post up some price for FD options :)

forgot to mention mine is an 03 JDM with viscous LSD so slightly different pumpkin to the others :blush: just in case I need a different one to fit in it.

If you have the VLSD then there is no difference as far as I'm aware

OK cool, the only difference I know of is mine does not have the cooling fins on the outside.

Little more info;

If you use the car as a road car without an extended track work , temps will be okay.

More power thou will make more heat.

The stock cars viscous diff doesn't make as much heat as a plate type diff.

The Diff on a 350Z is tucked up in the rear of the car with very little passing air , even a stock UK car has a cooling duct to help diff temps.

We run oil coolers on cars with LSD fitted , switched by a temp switch and we drill the casing to return the cooled oil between the pinon bearing to help cool these bearings.

The Kazz diff is an awesome piece of kits the same as we run in the Team Lizard Race 350Z.

How much would an oil cooler install be?

I'm still up for group buy. I just won't do a track day until I'm satisfied that it will run okay. Besides it's coming up to winter so no track days for a while anyway!

Edited by wmr1980

Guys go for this! I have a 2 way on my car for over a year now and one of the best non power mods I had.

Just to be clear the usual advice is 1.5 way for a daily car with light track action and 2way for full track or drift. But I spoke directly to the manufacturer and the 2way is the best all round for any use and you can make it work for daily use by set the locking at 60%.

I have driven on both 100% and 60% setup and its night and day. With the correctly oil you can hardly tell there is a plated diff on. Grip and power delivery is awesome and you definitely want to take advantage of this with good tyres and susoension.

Wrt temps it's not an issue unless if you are in a race series. If you do 10-20 laps sessions in most UK tracks or 5-10 laps at the ring as I do it's fine. I don't have a diff cooler but I suspect this might change running semi slick or slick tyres as they generate more grip=heat.

Finally be prepared to oil service the diff often to keep it in best condition. I change my oil every sub 5k and also found out mineral oil is best.

Don't be tempted to go with thicker oil is will just create more heat. Most diff use 75w90 so stick with that. I use motul 90PA.

Let the games begin.ðŸ‘

@wasso: with that torque you will get from the LSx you will need this biiishðŸ˜ðŸ˜Ž

• Like 6

Guys go for this! I have a 2 way on my car for over a year now and one of the best non power mods I had.

Just to be clear the usual advice is 1.5 way for a daily car with light track action and 2way for full track or drift. But I spoke directly to the manufacturer and the 2way is the best all round for any use and you can make it work for daily use by set the locking at 60%.

I have driven on both 100% and 60% setup and its night and day. With the correctly oil you can hardly tell there is a plated diff on. Grip and power delivery is awesome and you definitely want to take advantage of this with good tyres and susoension.

Wrt temps it's not an issue unless if you are in a race series. If you do 10-20 laps sessions in most UK tracks or 5-10 laps at the ring as I do it's fine. I don't have a diff cooler but I suspect this might change running semi slick or slick tyres as they generate more grip=heat.

Finally be prepared to oil service the diff often to keep it in best condition. I change my oil every sub 5k and also found out mineral oil is best.

Don't be tempted to go with thicker oil is will just create more heat. Most diff use 75w90 so stick with that. I use motul 90PA.

Let the games begin.👊

@wasso: with that torque you will get from the LSx you will need this biiishí ½í¸í ½í¸Ž

Excellent real world feedback there Bennett thanks, definitely a good point regarding oil changes and using a good quality brand

Let the games begin.������

@wasso: with that torque you will get from the LSx you will need this biiish������������

Excellent real world feedback there Bennett thanks, definitely a good point regarding oil changes and using a good quality brand

agree, whats the worst that can happen ;)