Veeg33's slow dose of Zeditus......

veeg33

The proportions of that lip really blend well.

Lookin good.

Cheers mate! Hopefully weather for next weekend will be good for me to fit it permanently. Planning to remove the front bumper and fit it properly. Hopefully it will go well as this will be my first DIY front lip B)

Great day today hence got my mate around to help out with the installation of the front lip B)

Took the front bumper off to make it easier to attach the lip onto the bumper.

Have to remove my DRL and headlights washer tube as well.

eb64badf6dc11822d66569b980d56399.jpg

5c039e82f3ef4ea9219a01f40ebaffd2.jpg

Used 10 x 10g self tappers in total to secure the front lip and also some Tiger seal.

3 x self tappers at the bottom

5ed9312b79e082cf2ec57807c53cc3fa.jpg

2 x self tappers on the side

87ee6409059ca772e42c5d17486fc14b.jpg

Reverse the procedure and all done within 1 hour 30mins.

My mate there polishing his headlights and missus cleaning her car's interior.

458383b4f49618df66d6c5f99e318aa4.jpg

Fitment was perfect!

3edde5a6d07b8defc73893fc785e0631.jpg

b2263015aab77ccf8f5407b595833025.jpg

b95fd44f662eebff6b12445dd90adf8d.jpg

And missus caught the washing bug B)

62cd83c3649bd3ee51030d02fdee07ac.jpg

As part of the deal, I shall be scouting for locations to take some nice and good quality pics for Tarmac Sportz. Already have a few in mind, hopefully will be able to go tomorrow. Watch this space :ninja:

• Like 3

That lip looks great and nice to see the Mrs helping keep the Zed in top shape. B);)

Loved it (the front lip, and missus too). Planning to get the side step diffusers in near future.

Missus caught zeditus when we went to Chris's (Tarmac Sportz) place to collect my front lip last Saturday B) She asked if ours can be 'upgraded' to look similar to Chris's 370z. Result! :thumbs:

That lip looks great and nice to see the Mrs helping keep the Zed in top shape. B);)

Loved it (the front lip, and missus too). Planning to get the side step diffusers in near future.

Missus caught zeditus when we went to Chris's (Tarmac Sportz) place to collect my front lip last Saturday B)She asked if ours can be 'upgraded' to look similar to Chris's 370z. Result! :thumbs:

Sounds like a keeper. :D;)

• Like 1

Looks like massive gaps between the bumper and the lip though?

That's what I thought when I'm done but when I look closely, it's actually reflection of the lip's step. Angle and lighting are to blame here.

• Like 1

Looks like a nice quiet space to work on pampering the Zed.

Results look spot on.

Unfortunately for me my missus has ZERO interest in looking after cars and frowns upon me spending hours on it.

Luckily for me she's taken the kids to Hong Kong to see grandparents for the summer.

UNDISTURBED GUILT FREE ZED BONDING :teeth:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Not a mod but my annual service log. Engine oil and oil filter changed, this time by my local mechanic as my mates ramps are not available.

5fb301e530932fd96cdde71a613c563d.jpg

Also at the same time got new front braided brake lines replaced. The pervious HEL lines were about 2 inches too long compared to a new set. The old lines were rubbing the wheel's inner diameter. Driver side is more severe, around 100 miles or less I will not have brakes anymore as they will most likely to pop as the rubbinng has wear out the outer rubber and stainless steel braiding. It was rubbing on the inner tube already. Considered lucky I don't have to find it the 'hard' way. HEL did well to replace me with a new set free of charge when I complained about the rubbing. Since I'm replacing the lines, asked my mechanic to flush the brake fluids and replace them with Pagid dot 4. Don't think I need proper high temp racing fluids as I'm only driving it steadily on road =)

Mileage at oil change: 83227

Mileage since last old change: 2010 miles (a little bit OTT but we'll worth the money)

Oil: Shell Professional Fully Synthetic 5w-30

Filter: Mann filter

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Edited by veeg33

• 1 year later...

No mod added to the zed but managed to convince the missus to keep the zed =) happy days. Gave it a good wash and wax today ready for the winter! Jet wash, pre-wash, jet wash, snow foam, jet wash, 2 buckets, jet wash, dry, black hole, buff, superwax, buff...... 2hrs in total. Still need to sort out the front headlights, most likely will remove it and send it to a body shop to sand down and respray. 

Near future mods before Dec MOT, invidia gemini exhaust and dimple & grooved disc all around. Potentially by end of Nov or early Dec..... Xmas is going to come early this year B)

IMG_20181020_164804.jpg

IMG_20181020_164823.jpg

IMG_20181020_164927.jpg

IMG_20181020_164940.jpg

Edited by veeg33
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, reeceybeaney said:

Seen loads of good things said about the invidia gemini exhaust! Glad the car stays :thumbs:

Everything came in the right timing I supposed. Exhaust started blowing due to crack flange on the backbox joint to mid pipe last month, only noticed when I realised my zed sounds a little louder than normal with some tiny pops.......which I like but unfortunately this will not pass MOT in Dec 2018. And since I'm keeping the zed I wanted a new exhaust and been considering Cobra resonated + Stillen y-pipe (around £750-£800) or the Invidia Gemini for around £1050). I decided to go for Invidia as i might be going FI in future (4-5 years) hence future proofing the exhaust =). Or maybe just an excuse to get the Invidia (self convincing technique) B)

• 2 weeks later...

A tiny bit of drama last weekend, ABS, TSC and Slip lights are lighted up.......Code reader doesn't show any code, pedal dance (after 5 go's) returned 10xslow, 10xslow, 10xslow, 10xfast --> P0000 = No fault code. Checked by brake fluid level, 2mm from the max line hence drove to a local Nissan Stealership on Saturday to buy a 1ltr bottle. Concern my Bluetooth dongle wasn't reliable, I purchased a wired code reader online. Total spend so far £19. Topped up fluid and started the car, light press on pedal, no lights, heavy press,  all 3 lights back on :bang:

Did a quick search on the forum and found out that I've not check the brake switch. Removed the connector from the switch, give both side a good spray of contact cleaner. Plug it back on and guess what, rear brake lights are not working when i put my foot on the pedal. Removed the connector again this time gave it a few more spray and a few scrape with a tiny screw driver. Took the opportunity to swap the rear lights out to LED as I've swapped them out earlier this year as I'm selling the zed. Everything back on and I have my rear brake lights on again. Started the engine.......heave press..........no lights!!!!!! :kicking::sun:

This is actually quite scary knowing that both ABS and TSC are not working when something so simple light a brake switch is 'not connected' I can only assume that the zed can't determine if the zed is under braking or not if the switch is not sending them signals.

Anyway.....all sorted now, just 10 more days to go for new shiny exhaust!!!!! My biggest purchase for the zed.:yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...