Veeg33's slow dose of Zeditus......

veeg33

Good to know Veeg. Blueprint do loads of great OEM spec Japanese parts so I'm sure you'll never have to worry about that again. :thumbs:

Yep, that's what I saw on their website. I've registered for free there (catalogue part number look up, BluePrint Live!) and they supply quite a number of 350z parts.

http://www.blueprint-adl.com/

• 1 month later...

Seen other fellow members here installing reversing camera and for the price (EBay specials), I've decided to give it a go.

Brought a CCD cam (number plate light + cam) and a 4.3" monitor for EBay. EBay item number for the camera 271736771908 and the monitor 391106460484

Disassembled most of my rear boot panels

6979b3df2c79992724702fac48ec8033.jpg

Thanks to this plastic removal tool (as long as my hand) , makes removing them easy

2e94c5a8491a3ab3105191f2c44fdde1.jpg

Feed the cable into the rear bumper and used a metal wire to hook it so that I can tape the camera cable to a pilot cable that will help me to feed/guide it into the boot.

Remove the rubber grommet, feed the pilot cable into it and tape it to the camera cable.

71253275c13e23fd835e0824df5de875.jpg

a84cc4c2157ce22285ebbb85ae9f79d3.jpg

Instead of cutting a slot on the rubber grommet, I decided to feed those cable into the tiny hole. With a little bit of lubricant, they just managed to fit in.

1dae4b58c3de64b76d38017c1d145ad0.jpg

The trick is to feed it in whilst the connector is facing the other way ie fold the cable 180deg and start from the smaller end of the connector and slowly push it in. Be careful not to damage cable as they are not the best quality, and try your best to avoid pulling the cables when you are stuck, put the connector.

Feed both in, add some insulation tape and replace it back to its original position.

5545fe3f470b90c2e750f9d2c31fd179.jpg

Next it to locate a good ground location, I choosen this one here.

4d882177997976b5df6ee146904dc6d2.jpg

I had tested my camera and screen before, so did not bothered testing it again on my zed.

Then I locate the reverse light cable which is near to the passenger side rear light. It is light green with a silver ring at every 5cm or so.

88391aa99993c6cc2362f373285ddb82.jpg

Then using a Scotchlok T-tap, I tap into the cable to power up the camera and monitor.

2023bfb3523940c6f9edea34fda536b8.jpg

Route all cable nicely, and use lots of tie wrap to secure them, ensuring minimum movement to avoid cable fretting due to vibration.

As for the monitor, I've chosen a strange location but works well for me. This is above the passenger rear speaker. I was initially wanting to place the monitor in the cubby but find it a little troublesome to open the lid every time I need the screen during reverse, and close it when I'm done. Then was also considering placing it above the gauges but was concerned someone might break into the car thinking it was a satnav. So yesterday before this was being installed, whilst reversing to my usual parking spot, I thought it will be good to have it in the corner. Since I will be turning my head back whilst reversing, might as well have it there. It is kind of hidden in the corner. I also brought some limousine black tint to tint both little windows and now they are not visible from outside.

0688da47a9553b512da95ba5bf598694.jpg

Got some spare CF wrap so decided to wrap the monitor as well to make it look less like a satnav.

49c3f8d97633e886e62701caf5491dba.jpg

The only negative of this monitor position is the camera video is mirrored. It will be OK if the monitor was facing the back of the car but when it is facing the front, it's mirrored. Well, that didn't bother me much as I'm using this to help with distance between me and object behind me.

Overall, I think it's money well spent (£20 all inclusive) and about 2hrs alone time with my zed (DIY)

And this will most likely be my final mod for 2015 and 2016 as I had placed an early bird deposit on a house. Main deposit due mid 2016 so no more spare cash to be spent on my zed unfortunately. But considered lucky that I don't need to sell the zed to help with deposit B)

Edited by veeg33
  • Like 1

Great work but what an unusual place for the reversing monitor, :wacko::lol: ..but if it works for you that's all that matters. Kudos. B)

Yeah, it's odd to have there but works fine for me now. The plan is to route the vidoe cable all the way to the head unit when I had a new one installed in 2017 :scare:B)

Great work but what an unusual place for the reversing monitor, :wacko::lol: ..but if it works for you that's all that matters. Kudos. B)

Yeah, it's odd to have there but works fine for me now. The plan is to route the vidoe cable all the way to the head unit when I had a new one installed in 2017 :scare:B)

That's a long way off but a new house is more important. ;)

That's a long way off but a new house is more important. ;)

Yep, missus has banned me from spending any money on the zed now. Temporary cure for Zeditus! But I'm looking forward to a new men cave, jet washer, more tools, etc!

Here's a how it will look like when it's done

4058b606c4407407b24dc1e93e8c4d39.jpg

Edited by veeg33
  • Like 1

^^ Looks really nice Veeg. Lovely brick work. ;)

Just hope the garage isn't one of those tiny new build types where it's so small that even if you can get the car in, ...getting out of the car can be a nightmare. :scare:

Have you checked to see what the width of the garage door is & internal size? or isn't it a concern? (I know some people just use a garage for storage nowadays)

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1

^^ Looks really nice Veeg. Lovely brick work. ;)

Just hope the garage isn't one of those tiny new build types where it's so small that even if you can get the car in, ...getting out of the car can be a nightmare. :scare:

Have you checked to see what the width of the garage door is & internal size? or isn't it a concern? (I know some people just use a garage for storage nowadays)

Unfortunately, it's the smaller version. I think I could just for the zed in and will struggle a little when getting out/in. Maybe need to fold the wing mirrors :scare: Not much space left once the zed is in. But will be using it mainly as additional storage. I did try my best to persuade my missus for a different house design with a detached double garage, she doesn't like it and it's costing additional £10k :( At least it will be better than my apartment now. :thumbs:

Unfortunately, it's the smaller version. I think I could just for the zed in and will struggle a little when getting out/in. Maybe need to fold the wing mirrors :scare: Not much space left once the zed is in. But will be using it mainly as additional storage. I did try my best to persuade my missus for a different house design with a detached double garage, she doesn't like it and it's costing additional £10k :( At least it will be better than my apartment now. :thumbs:

One tip providing you can get the car in the garage is to line a wall with carpet or something soft so that if the drivers door hits the wall it won't damage it. The other thing is when you try to get out of the car put the drivers seat all the way back as this makes it so much easier I've found getting in & out when in tight spaces.

Even a small garage is better than no garage though mate and it's definitely going to be a step up from any apartment imo. Hope you both enjoy your new home once you get settled in. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Cheers Gareth! We are so looking forward to our first house. Thanks for the tip! Will definitely add a carpet or rubber mat to protect. As for the seat, it's now all the way back, I'm about 6 feet tall and currently about 2 months pregnant (beer belly). Might still struggle but will learn from this

B)

Edited by veeg33
  • Like 1

Cheers Gareth! We are so looking forward to our first house. Thanks for the tip! Will definitely add a carpet or rubber mat to protect. As for the seat, it's now all the way back, I'm about 6 feet tall and currently about 2 months pregnant (beer belly). Might still struggle but will learn from this

B)

Yeah I don't think the seat thing will work then. :dry::lol: Think I'm around 5.8" so it does help me.

Lets hope your garage isn't as bad as that guys garage though otherwise you're never getting the Zed in it. :surrender:;)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tiny update - My zed's number plates got stolen on Wednesday evening (7th Oct) http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/102362-number-plates-got-stolen-front-and-rear/.

New plates arrived today. Will go purchase a Tar Remover to clean up the old double sided tapes and stick a new plate on.

Decided not to add any tamper proof screws on as I like my plates clean. Apparently, number plates with double sided tapes only are usually target for number plates theft as they are the easiest to be removed quickly.

Anyway, I'm glad they only took the number plates and my no zed. Pics to follow this weekend to show extend of damage caused when they remove my number plates with a screwdriver (assuming)

Some pics before and after cleaning and removing previous double sided tapes.

d4e6c24b0975cac1d28e517525d1f465.jpg

701faba1013dd1ee2c82ac2a78377a98.jpg

Unfortunately due the scrap tool being used, the little b@st@rd left lots of scratches. Most are behind the number plate (lucky me) but not some

They even managed to peel of some paint at the rear number plate but lucky it's behind the number plate!

2 hrs later with help from lots of tar remover

7cbadded59e1b3c9034bd7fd0ed332d1.jpg

a2880de35723963e9ace09e93219a9fc.jpg

Anyway, now it's all sorted. I'm still thinking if I should put 2 screws in each plate to reduce the risk of being targeted by number plates thief or just be cheeky and just super glue some screws cap/cover to disguise B)

Edited by veeg33

I'd say the chances of you being targeted again Veeg for your number plates is very unlikely, ...unless of course someone has it in for you or similar but I doubt that's the case. ;)

Screwing them in would make them harder or at least more time consuming to steal but it's never going to stop a determined thief. Hopefully though however you attach the new plates this won't happen again. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I'd say the chances of you being targeted again Veeg for your number plates is very unlikely, ...unless of course someone has it in for you or similar but I doubt that's the case. ;)

Screwing them in would make them harder or at least more time consuming to steal but it's never going to stop a determined thief. Hopefully though however you attach the new plates this won't happen again. :thumbs:

Fingers crossed Gareth! :thumbs: Hopefully it won't happen again, else I'll have to make a metal frame to secure it next :scare:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Any updates chap?

Sorry Davey, Tapatalk didn't notify me when you commented on this.

No news from police and no visit from the boys in blue. I wonder when they will use my plate to do a runner :scare:

Small update on my zed..... Nothing special, just logging my service interval.

Serviced my zed today @ 81217 miles. Oil change, oil filter and magnetic sump plug. My HKS Hybrid panel filter still looks very clean hence didn't swap it out. As usual, I flush my engine with about 1 litre of Mobil 3000 5w-30 until golden colored oil starts to drip out of the sump hole before I put in the Fuchs B) I also sh1t myself for about 10 secs when I remove my oil filter. Less then 1 ltr of oil dripped out, I though that's all the oil left in the engine and it's been running with very low oil...... :scare: then I realised I haven't unbolt the sump plug....... Schoolboy error!

Oil: Fuchs Titan GT1 5w-30

Oil filter: K&N

Sump plug: OpieOil

All above bought from OpieOil

That's the entrance to my mate's secret garage.

c34a6199cdb4ad2856801a0d88df1148.jpg

2d2ca7c0a2b168fe027d8f270ffe5c7d.jpg

4602c6ef06aa619ea2f495275b018245.jpg

6badbc6fd77869d0fe77c8cd021e0949.jpg

aab2964cceb3a29c959d3b53b50bd20c.jpg

319838f3e1362fb954fe8049b716340c.jpg

Edit: Just checked my record, last oils change was Feb 2015 @ 78.6k miles hence I've only covered about 2.6k miles :teeth:

Edited by veeg33

• 2 months later...

Bought a front lip for my zed from Tarmac Sportz. Mine's replica.

Fast delivery and great service from Chris. Arrived in 2 days.

As I don't have the required bits and bobs yet, I can't fit it this weekend. But I can't wait for it to be fitted so decided to attach it to have a look at it.

Result: Absolutely loved it!

330a3f8e45b78ddbac996a0f32801984.jpg

d49c349976769a2cdd7f78e5cb500abd.jpg

9c46861e4e76e18c5d6f3145fd4ce132.jpg

398332d97053155894291888d7756c93.jpg

e58e15527014a359172c886ac9bc7caa.jpg

• Like 2