Veeg33's slow dose of Zeditus......

veeg33

28 minutes ago, HEADPHONES said:

I bet alot of neighbours secretly looked on with admiration at your skills with a spanner.

You'll probably be the go to neighbour for advice if any of their cars won't start.

One neighbour walked pass and made a comment 'You are always tinkering with your cars'. Lots of activities for the past month. Rocker cover on my zed, then brake pads on my missus's car, and my car again today. 🤣🤣

• 4 weeks later...

After 4 yrs or so sat in the garage cupboard, I've finally printed out the installation instructions. Took 20mins or so to install, but 30mins to figure out what's going. Everything works great when I first tested it, both connectors plugged in without door card assembled. Removed both connectors to put the door card back on, assemble everything back on.....you guessed it 🤦🏻‍♂️ everything stopped working. Could not figure out what's going on. Thought the fuse has blown, checked and it wasn't. Removed the fuse and replace again, the module works again. Hence decided to hook the door card back on loosely, plug in both connectors, remove and replace the fuse.....test and it works again. Moved the door card to assemble everything again....🤦🏻‍♂️ Doesn't work again. Removed everything to check all connections, found one of power cable came of the Scotchlok 🤦🏻‍♂️ repaired it, repeat the same assembly method again but being extra careful not to pull any cables put. Success!

Loved the auto fold when I lock the car, but the only down side is I have to wait for the mirrors to fully open first when I turn key to 'On' position before cranking up the engine, else the mirror will stop unfolding and will have to manually press the window button to unfold it completely.

I went cable tie happy ensuring everything is tidy.

DSC_0414.JPG

DSC_0415.JPG

DSC_0416.JPG

Headlights have been resprayed 4 years ago, but still can't get away with from oxidation. Quick MeGuiar's headlights restoration kit, Autofiness One Step with DA polisher, 5 coats of Turtle Wax ICE. Will try to top up the wax every week and hope this will last longer.

DSC_0405.JPG

DSC_0406.JPG

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Stutopia said:

Takes about 100 years off the car!

I've not yet found a sealant/wax/coating that provides unlimited UV protection.

I'll just keep sending it down until I don't have any lense left 🤣🤣

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Not much going, just the annual service but DIY this time as I have some spare annual leave that I have to take. Thanks to lockdown, only driven less than 1.5k in 12 months. Oil + oil filter + oil pressure sensor.

Passed MOT as well with no issues. Happy days 😎

DSC_0531.JPG

DSC_0530.JPG

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Finally found some time to sort out the wiper arms, thanks to the Queen. 

Arms removal was pretty easy and straight forward, took me 5mins or less to remove both.

Took them water nozzles out, masking tape on the main hole and spring. Sand it down and peel off as much original paint as I can. Wash with soapy water, and dry before 3 coats of primer and 4 coats of satin black paint. Let it completely dry for 24hrs before going back on the zed. Added grease to the shaft as well whilst they are out to make it easier to remove in future. Turn out pretty good.

IMG-20220602-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20220602-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20220602-WA0035.jpg

DSC_0099.JPG

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Nice work matey, freshen up 👍

Coming to our Gaydon club event on Sunday?

Car potential sold mate. New owner might come picking it up tomorrow or Thursday. Making arrangements as we speak 🤞