Veeg33's slow dose of Zeditus......

veeg33

20 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Showing the love :thumbs: do they wash cars too?.....

I was hoping they do (they did offer that I can use their jet wash) , my car was filthy when I reached them, hence no pics yet :blush:

Edited by veeg33

30 minutes ago, Jack94 said:

The front lip and side steps go very nicely together B) I agree some spats or something on the rear bumper would finish the car off :teeth: What's your initial thoughts on the exhaust? 

Slightly louder than OEM but deep solid tone (bass been tuned up to max). Hopefully once it's bedded in, it should be louder, I might go for HFC in future if I wanted it to be louder. No drone at all inside the car, pretty similar to OEM and hardly noticeable I've changed exhaust. But the best bit is when I change gear and revving up over 3k (when stationary) a tiny bit of burble and very mild pop&bang. Overall I'm happy with it. 

2 hours ago, veeg33 said:

Slightly louder than OEM but deep solid tone (bass been tuned up to max). Hopefully once it's bedded in, it should be louder, I might go for HFC in future if I wanted it to be louder. No drone at all inside the car, pretty similar to OEM and hardly noticeable I've changed exhaust. But the best bit is when I change gear and revving up over 3k (when stationary) a tiny bit of burble and very mild pop&bang. Overall I'm happy with it. 

Glad to hear you're happy with it! I've got the same exhaust paired with HFCs and for me the volume is just right :)

• Like 1

:bounce::yahoo: Zed passed MOT without any advisory!! But starts to have early signs of clutch slipping =( hence need to edit my Christmas wish list. Will very likely go for a like for like replacement, Exedy clutch + LUK dual mass flywheel.

Just for my own record - Engine oil, diff oil, gear box oil + molyslip, disc + pads change at 85,800 miles.

Edit - Just checked my MOT history......I've only did around 1650 miles since last MOT. This is mainly wife was on maternity from Sept 2017 and I've been using her company car mainly B) 

Edited by veeg33
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Collected my zed today with brand new clutch and flywheel. Been shown the old clutch and flywheel, clutch plate has worn badly and rivets on them are almost loose. Flywheel is rocking like a boat, lots of movement on the old one. To my surprise, the clutch is actually might lighter than before and the zed pulls so much better than, in fact much better than I first got it 4 years ago. I'm expecting a new clutch to be much heavier pedal but lighter than the Micra. I hope this is normal.

Nearly wet my pants when I drove on the motorway when i wanted to go into 5th and 6th gear. Did the usual thing, push the gear stick to most right and up to get to 5th and most right and down to get to 6th. Guess what, on the 1st go, i can't get to neither of these.....whilst on the fast lane, I have to settle at 4th gear and pull back into slow lane. Took the next exit to get back to garage and I did try to get into 5th or 6th at traffic lights. Managed to get into 5th and 6th stationary and soon after I managed to figure out that they might have moved the plate further hence I've overshoot the 5th and 6th gear, i need to pull back towards the center about 0.5cm or so to get into 5ht and 6th. I did remember reading something on this forum about something to adjust. Got back to Lockwood & Greenwood and the mechanic came out and said there isn't anything to adjust, it is what it is. Which obviously wasn't aware of the adjustment plate just below the gear stick. I found a thread in the forum and showed them =). All sorted now...... B)

Edited by veeg33

15 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Nice quick fix at least and should benefit other 350z owners that have similar work carried out.

Which clutch and DMF combo did you go for?

I don't track my car hence went for the OEM setup, Exedy Clutch with LUK DMF.

Edited by veeg33

• 3 months later...

Small mod yesterday, swapped the brilliant OEM air box for a JWT popcharger.... Loving the 'pop'....... Purchased from a fellow forum member, being re-oiled with K&N hence it has turned red rather than blue.

99% sure it's placebo but my zed accelerated a tiny bit better. B)

IMG_20190411_171211_612.jpg

Edited by veeg33
  • Haha 1