Veeg33's slow dose of Zeditus......

veeg33

Xmas came early B) Thanks Ewen from Clark Motorsport

30afa8c94103235b87a50b0c8330e9c0.jpg

Hope the weather is good tomorrow so that I can fit them. I guess my current rear lights will be up for sale soon but doubt it will be popular here :scare:

Edited by veeg33

Mini update: Suppose to fit the LED rear lights today however when I check the lights properly this morning before fitting, I found that there is a little damage on one of the corner (left side). Actually if you look closely on the picture above and zoom in to the bottom corner, you can actually see it. Not easy to spot but very unfortunate :( things like this do happen every now and then.

Rang up Ewen immediately and he said he'll sort it out for me. Again, excellent service from Clark Motorsport. Hopefully replacement will be delivered soon. B)

Hence no pretty pics of my Zed with new rear lights for now..........I absolutely loved them even before they are on my zed..... :teeth:

Car looks great mate, best colour :) touring wheels in black look good too!

Had the same problem as you, bought a pair of LEDs elsewhere last year and had to return them for small corner damage! As you say though these things happen, Clarke will sort you out :thumbs: I'll have to wait a while for mine...

• Like 1

Car looks great mate, best colour :) touring wheels in black look good too!

Had the same problem as you, bought a pair of LEDs elsewhere last year and had to return them for small corner damage! As you say though these things happen, Clarke will sort you out :thumbs: I'll have to wait a while for mine...

Thanks mate :thumbs:

Yep, all sorted by Ewen, hassle free, very understanding and very easy to deal with. Can't ask for anything better, top class customer service by Clark Motorsport. Definitely will be using them long term, this is my 3rd purchase with them since I own my zed for 5 months now. He'll be shipping the replacement this Friday and they will swapping the damaged one. The new replacement is in stock today buy unfortunately I don't feel safe leaving my parcel at work's receiving bay for the swap hence requested Ewen to deliver to my home address as I'll be at home next Monday to do the swap myself. Hopefully weather is good and I can get them fitted before Christmas ;)

Edited by veeg33

Car looks great Veegee. B)

Just to add my 2p worth - I wouldn't sell your OEM lights mate, I'd hold onto them. There are loads of used ones on the market and the LED version always sell like cakes that are very hot.

Put your original ones in a safe place, then swap 'em over when/if the time comes to move on from your Z. They won't really add anything to the value of the car, but would put some cash in your sky rocket when the time comes.

• Like 2

Just to add my 2p worth - I wouldn't sell your OEM lights mate, I'd hold onto them. There are loads of used ones on the market and the LED version always sell like cakes that are very hot.

Put your original ones in a safe place, then swap 'em over when/if the time comes to move on from your Z. They won't really add anything to the value of the car, but would put some cash in your sky rocket when the time comes.

+1

• Like 1

Thanks Ian for the advice :thumbs: that's a very good idea

23rd Dec 2014 -

Finally, I've got my replacement rear LED tail lights. As usual, top quality customer service by Ewen at Clark Motorsport --> http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/207-clark-motorsport/

And also lucky that the sky decided to stop raining for a bit so that I can quickly swap them over.

Firstly....here the tools of my choice today for this job

1.) 2 x Umbrella

2.) 10m socket

3.) Ratchet

4.) Screwdriver (flat head)

5_zps214f3bb7.jpg

As you can see, there will be 3 plastic caps on the tail light, simply lifted up with a screwdriver with minimum force.

7_zpsaee005d9.jpg

Then 10mm socket to remove 3x bolts

8_zps1a628411.jpg

Next, the tricky bit of removing them, I've searched all over the internet and followed some best practices to avoid damaging my current tail lights

Umbrella ??? :p - Not for the rain but its a useful tool to remove both tail lights without damaging the plastic studs. Here's a picture below to show why.....

6_zps5ee2ea8d.jpg

Remember, the tail lights needs to be pulled away from the car as shown by yellow arrows, not upwards as it will damage/snap the 2x plastic studs. It can be a little stiff, make sure the straps on your umbrella goes in (towards the center of the tail lights) as far as possible. Be brave, but be careful not to over pull as the connectors are still connected.

Just press the tab as shown in yellow pic below, and pull. It might be a little bit stiff or might be difficult to press with a cold numb fingers, use a flat head screwdriver :D

9_zpsaa76c3fc.jpg

Once removed, simple reverse the procedure. Remember not to over tighten the bolts B)

Here's few pics of them fitted - Before

3_zpsba966b04.jpg

4_zpsf14eaa8f.jpg

After (sun is out so pics a little bit brighter and can't really do the LED lights justice)

2_zps9dd4e89a.jpg

1_zps96fa84ef.jpg

Overall, took me about 30min max to get them swapped. They definitely transformed my zed!! Absolutely love it!!

Again, thanks to Ewen :thumbs: for sorting this out for me. Much appreciated.....another happy customer!!

• Like 5

Look's fantastic. B)

Really wanted a set of those lights myself but things came up as well as Christmas so decided not to bother just yet. Bit jealous. :blush::lol:

I'm sure Ewen will do another GB next year, it was pretty popular. And to be fair, it's a little bit wrong timing. As I'm not original from UK, meaning I don't have to spend anything on Christmas presents for others, just 1 for my missus and few for my mistress (zed) B)

I'm jealous with your SC :)

Edited by veeg33

They look sweet dude, just waiting on mine getting delivered then they are getting fitted. Though i have no umbrellas for the removal of the old lights, hmmm.

Any thin strap/string will do mate. Those plastic studs are at the bottom of the tail lights and pretty easy to snap if pressure/force being applied at the wrong angle. You'll see them when your LED tail lights arrive. :D

I'm sure Ewen will do another GB next year, it was pretty popular. And to be fair, it's a little bit wrong timing. As I'm not original from UK, meaning I don't have to spend anything on Christmas presents for others, just 1 for my missus and few for my mistress (zed) B)

Yeah I spoke to Ewen and he was good about it as he did say to let him know if I want to get them and he'll sort me out some at a later date. :teeth:

Nice cheap Christmas for you in some respects then. I've had to buy for lot's of family members but luckily there is a "Pound Land" shop locally. :dry::lol:

I'm joking fyi just in case some of my family read this ~ your gifts are not from Pound Land. :D

Yeah I spoke to Ewen and he was good about it as he did say to let him know if I want to get them and he'll sort me out some at a later date. :teeth:

Nice cheap Christmas for you in some respects then. I've had to buy for lot's of family members but luckily there is a "Pound Land" shop locally. :dry::lol:

I'm joking fyi just in case some of my family read this ~ your gifts are not from Pound Land. :D

It's all about the present, effort and thoughts behind it :lol:

Plenty of good stuffs in pound land when I was there 2 weeks ago to shop for a secret Santa event at work. (not being tight, but the rules says a gift no more than £1) however I ended up buying a Minnie Mouse waste basket as it was one of the biggest item I can find there :p

It's all about the present, effort and thoughts behind it :lol:

Plenty of good stuffs in pound land when I was there 2 weeks ago to shop for a secret Santa event at work. (not being tight, but the rules says a gift no more than £1) however I ended up buying a Minnie Mouse waste basket as it was one of the biggest item I can find there :p

Excellent. :teeth:

We had Secret Santa in our work place too. It was a £5 maximum though so gave a bit more scope.

Problem is even though my work place is a small "ish" business there are still around 40-50 people that work there so nobody really knows everyone. I got lumbered with some director as well so got him a sensible gift.

Some other people though where able to be more risque/funny ~ one guy got a butt plug style wine bottle stopper which was pretty funny. :lol:;)

• Like 1