Veeg33's slow dose of Zeditus......

veeg33

Hello all....this will probably the slowest case of Zeditus around!! Got my zed for around 3months now, and I've only made a few mod which is stubby antenna and few LEDs swapped (all interior lights and rear number plate) :yawn:. Apart from that, I've changed the brake fluid and coolant, which was done by Nissan Pentagon Huddersfield and changed gearbox oil (with Molyslip) and LSD oil, both brought from Ewen, Clark Motorsport (one of the many great trader in this forum). And also attempted to repair stone chips all around my zed, and used a DA polisher to give my zed some good TLC.

Oppss....not forgetting the 'Z' wheels valve cap.

Lets starts my zed's build journal:

18th Oct 2014

Since I've managed some spare time today, I've decided to remove the boot weight before I start on the wheel spaces

Highly recommended these tools below.....its a life saver......or should I say, plastic panel saver.....and also not forgetting the 10mm socket to remove the weight.

DSC_03091_zps759ee320.jpg

Successfully remove all clips/studs/fasterner (which ever way you fancy calling them) however 1 old bracket decided to snap =(

DSC_0308_1_zpsfb8baab7.jpg

DSC_03071_zpse6610e07.jpg

I'm removing them for the first time and it does need some force to get the panel out....be brave =)

Here's a link to the 'how to' section of removing the weight --> http://www.350z-uk.c...ix-boot-pop-up/

Since I'm on it, I've also gave the boot poppers a quick low cost fix (One rubber o-ring and 2 washers). I used the o-ring at the bottom to avoid damage to the paint work if I only use washers. Some people use pennies.....

DSC_03101_zps2a3c4f3a.jpg

After the removal of weight and fixed the poppers.....its good to see it bounce open with one hand....

Then I move to the wheel spacers.....

Brought 2 sets of wheel spacers from Chris at Tarmac Sportz (a great trader here for those who new to this forum) as part of group buy special and will get them on today

DSC_03061_zps86aebf0d.jpg

They are 20mm and 25mm hubcentric spacers in gold........yep, it goes well with the Brembos

DSC_0323_1_zpsaef53800.jpg

Here's the tools I've used

DSC_0324_zpsd78a8944.jpg

1.) Torque wrench

2.) 19mm and 21mm deep socket

3.) 1/2" to 3/8" converter for the torque wrench

4.) Anti-seized grease

5.) An artist's brush to apply the grease

Few pics of my zed before the spacers

DSC_0315_zps14313ef0.jpg

DSC_0313_zps04fc5d39.jpg

DSC_0311_zps9c7b6af0.jpg

Picture of the front 20mm spacer next to the Brembo....they do match up well....

DSC_0325_zps82d9ea7f.jpg

For the front, to stop it from rotating, I added a socket extension in between the disc and rest it on the side of the caliper (sorry guys....I think some of you will not approve this method and I'm sure there is a much better way) However, I make sure I do not put sudden load while torque up the nuts to secure the spacer.

DSC_0327_zpsf1bf04b3.jpg

And also remember to remove it......

I added lots of anti-seized grease on the bolts and torque them up to 100Nm. I started off with the bottom one and next one in a star pattern (i'm sure you know what I mean)

Before the wheel goes back on....again lots of anti-seized grease on the new bolts. Then finally torque up to 100Nm again.

By the way, for the front wheels, you'll need to remove both 12mm bolt + spacer which I think they are there to secure the disc brake in place. I might be wrong (someone please correct me if I am). I'm not too worry with it being removed as the spacers + 5-off 19mm nuts will do the same job really.

Opppsss......found this bad boy in the rear passenger side wheel =( :rant::angry:

DSC_0319_zpsf00407e9.jpg

Lucky I've placed the both front spacers and just only started the rear, so wheel back on and drove to a local tyre shop.

Here the bad boy!!!

DSC_0320_zps933cb2fc.jpg

20mins later....all spacers are in......and went out for a test drive with windows all down and audio off. Listening really carefully if there is any noise.......All good!! Car feels more planted to the ground....steering wheel slightly heavier.......tracking all good.......love the new feel to the car with spacers on

Oh yeah...went for a quick jet wash too at Morrison's (£3.00 for 5mins)

Here's some picture of my lovely zed with 20mm front and 25mm rear spacers

Enjoy....

DSC_0332_1_zpse6e135fb.jpg

DSC_0333_zps0e565685.jpg

DSC_0334_1_zpsb66568c8.jpg

DSC_0335_zps5a629a9f.jpg

DSC_0337_zps7acdb74c.jpg

DSC_0341_zps3facb821.jpg

And finally......look at that @sS.......absolutely loved it.....who doesn't love a good wide 350z @sS :pB)

DSC_0341_1_zps9e1c5c3e.jpg

That's all from me for now and I'm now saving up for a set of Varrstoen ES2, which will be somewhere mid 2015. Apart for that, I'm also saving deposit for a house so Zeditus is currently under control (some say its under the thumb) :surrender:

Edited by veeg33
  • Like 5

Great start to the mods. B)

Re: the copper grease ~ I'd have definitely put a smear around the meeting face's of the hub & back of alloy wheel as sometimes they can seize together. Although fairly rare. Just fyi. ;)

I did put lots around the centre hub which I hope it does make its way around the mating face. Thanks for the advice mate.

Re: the copper grease ~ I'd have definitely put a smear around the meeting face's of the hub & back of alloy wheel as sometimes they can seize together. Although fairly rare. Just fyi. ;)

I did put lots around the centre hub which I hope it does make its way around the mating face. Thanks for the advice mate.

Should be fine. ;)

Love the black on black look btw. B)

• Like 1

Should be fine. ;)

Love the black on black look btw. B)

I must admit I'm not a big fan of the OEM wheels (in silver) however when I saw this car on AutoTrader with satin black OEM wheels, I'm sold. B)

• 4 weeks later...

Date: 9th November 2014

Another simple and cheap mod of the day..........350z tax disc holder and forum's special tax disc. As I've renewed my tax this week, its the prefect time to get rid of the old tax disc and get it replaced.

Brought this magnetic tax disc holder from Ebay, its less than a fiver delivered. I guess since tax disc is no longer required, they drop the price to get rid of stocks =)

DSC_0440_zpsd469e017.jpg

Absolutely loved this forum's tax disc hence printed one out :thumbs: to go along with my new magnetic holder

DSC_0442_zps544665fe.jpg

Doing my bit to promote the forum :teeth: If you like it too, here's the link to club merchandise where you can get a copy and print it off for FREE!!! :p

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/91374-free-350z-uk-370z-uk-replacement-club-tax-disc/#entry1373250

Here's another pic

DSC_0444_zps75206b9a.jpg

Also gave my zed a much need wash :blush:

Edited by veeg33
  • Like 1

My future modifications list (in no particular order) :ninja:

1.) Full exhaust system - Nismo cat back (if I can find one) else Cobra would be the next best choice, Y-pipe and HFC. £££

2.) Varrstoen ES2 - 19" matt black?? satin black?? or dark bronze?? £££

3.) I.C.E - Double din with bluetooth, touch screen, android, reverse camera ££

4.) Supercharger £££££ (this is a very long term plan, >6 years)

5.) DIY boot divider - I4N has some super high quality ones for sale but I fancy doing one myself £ - CHECKED

6.) Suspension system - Lowering springs? coilovers? £££

7.) Stubby antenna - £ - CHECKED

8.) Wheel spacers - ££ - CHECKED

9.) Interior LED upgrades - £ - CHECKED

10.) Rear number plate LED upgrade - £ - CHECKED

11.) Rear tail lights LED upgrade (OEM facelift) - ££ - CHECKED

12.) LED side lights upgrade - £ - However I'm pretty lazy to get my fat hands into the little gaps to get into the holder :surrender:

13.) Front bonnet dampers - Not sure if I should go CF or just standard - ££ or £

14.) Boot weight removal - CHECKED

15.) Grooved and dimpled disc brakes (front and rear) and pads - still some meat left but once they are close to limit will get them swapped - £££

16.) Braided brake and clutch hose - ££

17.) Front DRL with indicators and will dim once side lights has been switched on - I'm planning to buy bits together and try to build one myself. Well, the plan is to buy some aftermarket DRL, DRL relay and a set of side reflectors. Then see if I can combine the aftermarket DRL into the side reflectors or maybe I'll end up fabricating one out of thin metal sheet and spray them back to match the car, just need to find some time for it - ££

18.) DIY center console with integrated tablet (slot in/out type) - ££ but needing lots of skills and patience

Rating:

£££££ - Lots of serious and crazy money involve :surrender:

££££ - Pretty expensive :scare:

£££ - Expensive but worth the money B)

££ - Relatively cheap :)

£ - Don't need to think twice :yawn:

Looking at the list above scares me :wacko: best keep the cost away from my finance minister!! :p

Edited by veeg33

13th November 2014

Took half day morning off today and used my mate's garage today to make my own DIY boot divider. I live in an apartment and it's extremely difficult to use the jigsaw and sander.

Here's the guide that I followed

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/62097-how-to-build-vertical-tonneau-coverboot-divider/

And inspiration from here

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/69257-350z-vertical-tonneau-cover-boot-divider/

14N's craftsmanship is great and I do highly recommend his masterpiece to anyone who wants to buy one.

Started off buy buying some materials as suggested in the 'how to' guide listed above, hence I'm not adding any pics or details here.

Luckily, I managed to fit the piece of MDF in the back of my zed :lol: Was worried when they don't offer cutting service in their shop.

So back to the boot divider, I followed 14N's guide except I added a twist to it 😎

I've made myself a reversible boot divider :thumbs: as I could not decide which design I would like to go for.

I've glued both side of the MDF and now they are under my mattress so that I can give both panel a good press all night long.

SPECIAL THANKS TO 14N for the guide, tips, advise and inspiration.

Lighting is not that great at home to take pics hence will keep it a secret at the moment.

Will fit it over the weekend and get some pics of it on my zed.

Overall, I'm happy with the outcome and some spray adhesive still stuck on my fingers. 😀

Edited by veeg33

Here's the finished product, pics taken in my kitchen with flash hence not very good quality.

Side 1: The usual raised zed covered in the same black carpet. (sorry, the pic does not really shows the raised zed)

7feb8fce48e7ca57b30618a2b7d15b8d.jpg

Side 2: Zed cutout with a brushed aluminium plate as background and 3 sand blasted squares

94e2b9237cdc5deaa1a23c3deb023f0b.jpg

Was planning to cycle to work today but can't wait to fit them so decided to drive to work and get it fitted this morning 😎

Hopefully it will fit (I've checked it before applying the carpet) and some reduction in noise.

Will update with pictures of it fitted when I'm on my lunch break.

Note: Feel free to use this as inspiration as there is no patent or whatsoever 😀

Edit (8.25am): Fitted perfectly but took a few go at it before I get the right angle as it slips straight through. Does reduce cabin noise by a tiny bit.

Edited by veeg33
  • Like 1

Thanks guys!! :thumbs:

Good thing I didn't cycle to work today, its pissing out there.

Hopefully there will brighten up a little at lunchtime so that I can take some pics of it installed in my zed.

Edited by veeg33
  • Like 1

Little update for today as I got lucky....... sun came out for a bit enough for me to take some pics

I'm using the silver side facing front at the moment :yahoo:

DSC_0449_zps8e3f56d1.jpg

Here's the rear, the raised 'Z' is more visible now (please excuse the mess, that's where I store the original front seats carpet as I'm using some aftermarket ones for winter)

DSC_0451_zps58026b31.jpg

Really like the outcome of this and glad I went for the reversible design :teeth:

Edited by veeg33
  • Like 4