GUNS is under new ownership....

Ebized

skoda-fabia-hatchback-1-4-tsi-vrs-5dr-dsg-e41f9a1f8700ef9cfb6cd22e67f9d64c-640x480.jpg

That would make a matching pair with Mary's (SMD) Colin.

Not sure I'll let you park a BMW at the top of my drive. ;)

It's bad enough detailing'ish my mates soot chucker one series once a year.

Get the jaaaaggggg

BMW wouldn't be any cheaper on parts and servicing, and trust me that their warranty department is not much fun to deal with at all :(

Are diesels an option?

I'm a petrolhead - enough said?

BMW are doing a £500 for five years servicing including consumables.

Golf (as an example) is as small as I would want to go and when the size the other way interferes with the driving pleasure.

Oh, and I would take a lot of convincing to buy French again given the awful build quality I found on those cars 12+ years back.

Colin

Does it have to have 5 doors?

I migrated to Infiniti Q60 - power plant is the same and it has 4 seats, though it's only 2 doors.

320 horses and goes very VERY well, and stops as well as it pulls - feels very civilised, and it's almost in the same family -

Ian

Edited by ianphampton

Golf (as an example) is as small as I would want to go and when the size the other way interferes with the driving pleasure.

Oh, and I would take a lot of convincing to buy French again given the awful build quality I found on those cars 12+ years back.

Be careful with post 06 Golfs. I have a friend who is a VW mechanic and they can have serious electrical issues.

Be careful with post 06 Golfs. I have a friend who is a VW mechanic and they can have serious electrical issues.

Dealer back-up is a concern both from what I see on forums and I think it was the Auto Express survey - only one better than Seat right at the bottom! And also seems to be question marks over the DSG but be good to hear from experience on here.

Your carriage awaits M'lord

0a2224b5-967b-4b7b-91f3-ffa59609046f_zps101e69f1.jpg

One of my neighbours appears to have just got one of these. I saw it barrelling along one of the lanes where I live at a ludicrous speed a couple of days ago and today it was parked on his drive. Considering he is our second closest neighbour and has lived in that house for 35 years, the same length I've lived in mine I don't really know him that well, I've only spoken to him maybe 6 times in all. I do know that he is around my age, probably a couple of years older, around 67 and works for Iceland in a very senior position. I'm guessing he's recently retired and come into a nice lump sum.

Pete