Bluetooth connection - is mine the same as yours?

signwizard

Onl just castching up on this - I think that bit is in your car and I've more than an idea where.

Go into the box behind passenger seat, lift up false floor and "smuggling space" should be under there.

Sorry if this is a bit late :blush:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Parts arrived today. 30 secs to remove false floor in under glove box and get at wires which are taped back out of the way. 15 secs to plug in controler and secure to base of false floor. 10 secs to plug in cradle and secure into arm rest.

So in 55 seconds I managed to do what Nissan would of charged me an hours labour for at approx €70. Plus they wanted €300 + VAT for the parts.

Plugged in BT adaptor and :yahoo::yahoo: "Miss me?" "Pardon" "Bitch" "Pardon"

I'm so happy. :teeth:

• 3 years later...

Just seen this thread and wondered if I could ask a question. If you have an early 350z with the phone holder in it (UK Spec), can you replace this with the bluetooth module? If so what parts are needed? ShortPaul was asking me the other day. Any advice greatfully received :thumbs:

Right, just came back and started the installation, so it's work in progress, typing from the car.

However, really nice guy at the parts department, got a really good deal. The KE283-CDU01 was £197.88 and the BT adapter was £98.76. So the total came to £296.74 including VAT. Got everything for £200.00 cash! :)

Here is what I've done so far:

Step 1

Disconnect the battery.

Step 2

Locate the central console lid, LOL

IMG_0010.jpg

Step 3 - optional

If you have SatNav installed the remote & the holder should be fitted inside the glove box. Remove the remote and the screws from the remote holder.

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

Step 4

Remove the small lid so you can get access to the wires / connectors

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

Step 5

Pull the seats towards the dashboard as much as possible and locate the two big screws in the center console, unscrew them, one on each side.

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

Step 6

Remove the ashtray and unscrew the big screw underneath.

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

Step 7

Carefully pull the plastic where the gear lever and aircon console is.

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

Step 8

Unscrew the two big screws as per photos.

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Step 9

Remove the white band cable carefully.

IMG_0035.jpg

Step 10

Pull the central console away so you can access the connections required.

IMG_0041.jpg

Step 11

Locate the harness connectors and connect them to the two connectors from the bluetooth cradle.

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

Step 12

Fit the false floor back on to the central console using the screws provided in the bluetooth kit.

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

In case you have the older SatNav with the remote control, fit the remote holder back on the central console.

IMG_0065.jpg

Step 13

Now go to the glove compartment behind the passenger seat and remove the carpet trim and the floor panel where the SatNav CD-ROM unit is installed.

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

Step 14

Locate the two harness connectors and connect the control unit.

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

Step 15

Peal the adhesive pads protection and stick the control unit under the glove box flooring. The fit everything back.

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

Step 16

Tidy up inside the car :lol: and re-connect the negative terminal of the battery.

Step 17

Now start the car and on your phone search for a new bluetooth device, pair with the 350Z using the pin: 1234. You are now ready to go! :drive1

Hope that helps!

I'm confused with mine! I have the control box in the cubby hole, buttons on the steering wheel and the microphone in the centre of the roof under the lights but i do not have a cradle! the cubby hole in centre dash appears to have a solid base too so no cut out like in the pictures?!!?

Any ideas? I'd really like to get this all up and running but don't see why I don't have a cradle and have a different cubby hole.

Anyone? got majorly stressed yesterday with crappy bluetooth hands free so really keen to get the genuine one up and working...!! I appear to have all the components including the box in the "laptop storage compartment" except I don't have the cradle in the cubby hole and the cubby hole has a solid base which doesnt look to be removable?? I'm confused. :blush:

Hi,

You can get the parts required from the dealer, as previously said got mine for £200 cash.

What you need is this:

IMG_0027.jpg

Part number is: KE283-CDU01 plus the BT adapter as shown in the photo.

The cradle floor fits on top of the floor inside the compartment from the central console with the screws provided in the kit.

Any problems ask here.

So I'm looking at £200 just for that little cradle bit :dry: might have to try a few breakers yards I guess as that's a bit on the pricey side for me. :scare:

Thanks for the reply :-) I'll try some ebay zed's breaking etc. I guess I'll have to cut a hole in my cubby hole though as it's a solid floor and can't see how it removes without taking the whole centre console out.

• 7 months later...
Hi,

You can get the parts required from the dealer, as previously said got mine for £200 cash.

What you need is this:

IMG_0027.jpg

Part number is: KE283-CDU01 plus the BT adapter as shown in the photo.

The cradle floor fits on top of the floor inside the compartment from the central console with the screws provided in the kit.

Any problems ask here.

Hi, I bought my first zed at the weekend (absolutely loving it!) and I've got the cradle in the cubby as you've installed. I've not got a bluetooth adapter for it though. Can you tell me:

1. Is there a way I can check my cradle is working without forking out for a bluetooth adapter?

2. where is the best place to get the bluetooth adapter from?

Thanks a lot for your help!

• 6 months later...

I also have a cradle installed when I purchased the car about a month ago. Was told the previous owner had a nokia phone - im guessing this has no detrimental effect on the adaptor (it looks just like the one in the pic) so just need a bluetooth adaptor to slot into it - as per above any idea to see how/if its working and what adaptor is best/where to get it from?? cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Me too - bought my first 350z last week and thought it had the adapter, but was mistaken! I've got the cradle in the armrest but no adapter plugged into it.

I guess the only way to check is to trace the cradle wiring back and see where it goes...

what is it they say? No gain without pain? It's half the fun!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

You can find the adapter (Bury) on eBay c. £65 and it just fits into the cradle. It was an option up to 2005 model year then standard thereafter for the 350Z in the UK. But many get 'lost' on resale. I recently bought one for my own 350Z but returned it when I found out the version of bluetooth it runs is fine with phones of 2005/6 vintage like a Nokia 6310 but would not stay connected to my Samsung Galaxy S6 running Android. So for my phone the adapter was useless. I've since read of similar issues with IoS phones. You could of course choose to run an old Nokia with a SIM in it but I'd rather just use my Jabra which is excellent. It's a shame as I wanted to try the OEM solution in the Zed.