Bluetooth connection - is mine the same as yours?

signwizard

Paul

Here's the cradle, in the armrest:

Cradle.jpg

And here it is with the adaptor fitted.

CradleAdaptor.jpg

I believe ALL GT4s came with the cradle as standard but of course the adaptor is an accessory. So too are the Halfords batteries and 20p :lol:

If your armrest hasn't got it then a call to the dealer should be your next move. Something may not be quite what it seems?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul

Here's the cradle, in the armrest:

Cradle.jpg

And here it is with the adaptor fitted.

CradleAdaptor.jpg

I believe ALL GT4s came with the cradle as standard but of course the adaptor is an accessory. So too are the Halfords batteries and 20p :lol:

If your armrest hasn't got it then a call to the dealer should be your next move. Something may not be quite what it seems?

Yep you guys are right - no cradle and no part number for it from Nissan.

They're looking into it

mmmmm

Ok. Would someone mind lifting the small cover to see if they have one or two cables connected to their cradle?

Cheers.

I was under the impression that the car was pre-wired for the kit but Nissan held back on the cradle (in Ireland) as a option so they could charge you through the nose for it. This makes me wonder why you have two cables instead of one like I do.

Ok. Would someone mind lifting the small cover to see if they have one or two cables connected to their cradle?

Cheers.

I was under the impression that the car was pre-wired for the kit but Nissan held back on the cradle (in Ireland) as a option so they could charge you through the nose for it. This makes me wonder why you have two cables instead of one like I do.

The missing cradle is £150+ someone is gonna get a doin :rant:

Paul, I'ce pm'd you. However, your dealer has a lot to answer for and I'm sure with a bit of persuasion (being bad mouthed on this and 'the other' forum may help twist his arm) that he'll sort all your problems out.

If not, give me a call. I have a good "Sheffield Branch" who will add a little more gentle persuasion :boxing:

Paul, I'ce pm'd you. However, your dealer has a lot to answer for

+1

You were effectively buying a brand new car, unregistered, the cradle is part of that purchase and is standard fit. The dealer MUST provide this for free. I would be disgusted if they don't and be kicking up a right fuss

Paul, I'ce pm'd you. However, your dealer has a lot to answer for

+1

You were effectively buying a brand new car, unregistered, the cradle is part of that purchase and is standard fit. The dealer MUST provide this for free. I would be disgusted if they don't and be kicking up a right fuss

I would be :kicking his arse, never mind about making a right fuss

Perhaps your car never went through the usual Nissan route for UK cars when it arrived and when the phone kit should have been fitted, knowing the Cyprus trip was planned? Another reason perhaps why you did not get the history record you asked for :unsure: ?

For example, Nissan UK fitted the optional reverse sensors on my car as opposed to the supplying dealer, which I found strange as Honda get their dealers to do that on theirs :wacko: .

To clarify are you trying to fit the NISSAN bluetooth module or a Parrat Bluetooth kit?

Well neither at the moment - originally it was the Parrot but after both car kits failed to fit I decided to try the Nissan option...but even that doesn't fit because of the missing cradle (£150.68 + VAT).

I assume that because both systems plug into the cradle that prevents either working.

I'm expecting a call back from Nissan tomorrow after they have finished their investigations with the dealer...but my wallet is staying in my pocket!!

I might need a scouse solicitor soon :scare:

• 4 weeks later...

Nissan chose to close the investigation they started and refered me back to the dealer - got a 3 year Nissan RAC recovery out of them etc - they are supplying the tonneau cover and a couple of bits...but the blue tooth is dead in the water...so need a cradle urgently if poss.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've finally narrowed it down to a part number. KE283-CDU01

Although I’m in the same boat as Paul, i.e have the wires in place and have the mic and antenna pre installed, it seems I need to get a wiring kit which should contain everything I need including the cradle.

Got a price of £150 ex vat. Contacted one of the Nissan dealers I use here in Dublin and got quoted a price of €300 ex vat. They looked up the part number and it came back as car kit z33. To order it they need a deposit and full payment when it arrives. They can’t tell me what’s in the kit so I’ve no way for sure of knowing if it’ll have everything in it. They can tell me, however, that I’ll have to pay for it regardless and fitting will of course be extra. Nice.

What’s annoyed me the most is that I’ve been searching for over a month as my dealer couldn’t get a part number. I bet if I’d had 5 mins in front of his computer I could of found it.

Guy

ok,

For anyone that ever ends up in the same boat this is the part that is missing from my car and most likely Pauls Cyprus GT4.

KE283CDU01.jpg

A big thanks to Dan at The Glen for putting me in touch with Nick at Fred Coupe in Preston who went above and beyond to locate the part number and a photo of the offending item.

And two fingers up at Nissan Ireland and the dealer network for being incapable of using their own computer system.