Bluetooth connection - is mine the same as yours?

signwizard

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul, I don't know what a parrot bluetooth system is BUT, in your armrest you should have a cradle. Into which a bluetooth adaptor fits (dealer approx £120, ebay £80+) which works with any phone.

I'd have thought this would be the easiest way to go....

I've had several Parrot kits and they work brill, but for some reason this time the 350z Parrot wiring kits don't seem to connect to my plug. Just confirmed with Nissan there is only one type of BT Dongle for a 350z.

£94 + VAT from Nissan so I've had to go this route - shame but no choice it seems.

Did you have a look at this on the parrot site?

http://www.parrot.com/usa/support/installationdiagrams/parrotck3100/?idcables=1&idmanufacturer=27&etape=2

Normally the Parrot cable fits in between the stereo and the wire coming out from it to the speakers and power. At least that’s how I fitted it to my Celica and a Renault.

The instructions listed above are specifically for the Z with a Bose install.

Guy

Have you checked with the parrot site you have the right leads -

For Bose this is the installation doc - http://www.parrot.com/documents/en/supp ... an_ad1.pdf

Others available at http://www.parrot.com/uk/support/instal ... 27&etape=2

Parrot don't supply the leads, they are supplied by companies like Vstore as an extra car kit - not in my case tho :wacko:

Did you have a look at this on the parrot site?

http://www.parrot.com/usa/support/installationdiagrams/parrotck3100/?idcables=1&idmanufacturer=27&etape=2

Normally the Parrot cable fits in between the stereo and the wire coming out from it to the speakers and power. At least that’s how I fitted it to my Celica and a Renault.

The instructions listed above are specifically for the Z with a Bose install.

Guy

As I understand it from the auto elec guy, because the 350Z is prewired for bluetooth the Parrot fitting kit plugs into the Z wiring harness via the BT dongle connection in the centre console cubby hole....but both the leads supplied have a smaller connector than in my vehicle.

The experts say my car connector is different, Nissan say there is only one dongle :wacko:

I hope someone can look at theirs and confirm I'm normal :yahoo:

Might be easier just to get a universal kit and wire its yourself - Although its 'prewired' for bluetooth there is actually not much wiring in there at all, its just links to a few buttons on the stering wheel and into the stereo.

What head unit do you have - Standard / Bose or Aftermarket?

I'm beginning to wonder about your "UK" car (from Cyprus!). Maybe its a RHD European Spec (like Ireland)?

JohnK

Just called Nissan again, they say the BT Dongle just plugs directly into the cable in the armrest cubby hole - don't need a cradle for bluetooth as the phone stays in your pocket.

I really need someone to compare the cable in my pic with theirs.

I'm beginning to wonder about your "UK" car (from Cyprus!). Maybe its a RHD European Spec (like Ireland)?

JohnK

Just called Nissan again, they say the BT Dongle just plugs directly into the cable in the armrest cubby hole - don't need a cradle for bluetooth as the phone stays in your pocket.

I really need someone to compare the cable in my pic with theirs.

ther are talking rubbish. You need the cradle to fit the bluetooth adapter to. The old system yes you attached the phone to a specific type of adpator which still slots into the cradle.

Get them to look inside a Z cubby in the armrest and they will see that there is a cradle there. If it a brand new Z, it should also have the bluetooth adaptor already installed into the cradle and this is standard fit now

Paul - Ill be in mine tomorrow at work, so you can have a look at one in the flesh if you need to.

It appears that the cradle is not fitted to yours. I would assume the wiring to the various parts (microphone, steering wheel controls etc) is the same, but the last section which is fitted within the car is not present.

There will be a part that covers it, and we may be able to track it down on a workshop cd.

He doesn't have the cradle. Same as me except I didn't notice any wires under the arm rest.

hmm we never got a UY model here in Ireland.

It could be that this car was destined for Cyprus before it arrived in the UK. When a car arrvies off the boat all the kit is added. i.e it's not done in the factory. Maybe they left out the phone kit at this point.

To summarise:

There is a CABLE (you've got that).

The cubby has CRADLE, that the cable attachs to.

The BT ADAPTOR (pictured above) fits in the cradle.

Gotcha now!! Nissan parts bloke is gonna have a look in a couple of 350z's to see whats missing...still says

This maybe why the Parrot kit didn't fit - how bizzare