kellz3-3

• 4 months later...

Fyi

Current usage

1600 miles/month

2.56 litres/month burned

Equates to 1.6 litres per 1000 miles

Confirmed with dealer as ok

I've heard of Revup motors using as much as 1000ml per 1000 miles, but yours seems excessive :surrender:

Slight change but roufhly on topic when doing an oil and filter change on a DE should you use the whole 5ltrs or the 4.7 or 5.1..it's not overly clear in the handbook and on topic it does state in the book that it is normal for the DE to use oil between services but alas it doesn't give a range of acceptable or unacceptable :(

My 2004 DE likes the oil to be half way up the dipstick. If I fill it all the way up it very quickly (within a day or two) loses oil to the midpoint and then it doesn't go further down for weeks or months (I check weekly).

Are you seeing a loss of oil from the top mark to the midpoint, which you immediately replace and lose again, which you replace etc. etc.?

I don't know why mine does this or whether it's normal for DEs (doesn't sound like it from the above) but maybe each engine is different ;)

My 2004 DE likes the oil to be half way up the dipstick. If I fill it all the way up it very quickly (within a day or two) loses oil to the midpoint and then it doesn't go further down for weeks or months (I check weekly).

Are you seeing a loss of oil from the top mark to the midpoint, which you immediately replace and lose again, which you replace etc. etc.?

I don't know why mine does this or whether it's normal for DEs (doesn't sound like it from the above) but maybe each engine is different ;)

Nah, goes down to midway after 1K....

....and continues to drop

Lowest point was when just below minimum mark

Sounded 'crunchy' on startup (parking on steep hill doesnt help either) but ran fine