Another what car thread!

Looking for suggestions as I am at a loss as to what car I would like to move onto.

Previoulsy had a 350z and currently have a MK5 Golf R32, but now looking for something fun / cool / rapid. Must meet the following criteria.

Max £10k (although more can be spent within reason)

Any number of seats

Front or rear or 4 wheel drive

No older than 2004

Less than 60,000miles

Less than 5sec to 62mph

As you can see there is a wide choice, but open to any suggestions!

No kids to worry about ferrying to school and completely car mad!

Less than 5 secs with a budget of 10K will bring down the amount of cars you can choose from!

What about running costs are you happy with paying good money keeping it on the road?

This is also variable. I just don't want to go any slower.

Running costs are not a massive factor, but preferably as little as possible.

Edited by georgerobertfreeman

Less than 5 secs with a budget of 10K will bring down the amount of cars you can choose from!

What about running costs are you happy with paying good money keeping it on the road?

This is also variable. I just don't want to go any slower.

Running costs are not a massive factor, but preferably as little as possible.

There is always the option of getting something with tuning potential.

for under 10K an Evo might be a shout :thumbs:

VX220 Turbo - a paper figure of 4.7 seconds 0-60, even quicker once you put a remap on it. Looks very different, rare and of course has the legendary Elise chassis which means you can corner at a rate that makes your face distort to hilarious shapes. Engine sat 24 inches behind your head for maximum race car feel. Great driving position, can out brake just about anything else on the road. Once you own and drive one of these you learn a whole set of driving skills most other people never get to experience on the road.

You want something a bit ballistic, something cool, something uber rapid, there you have it :teeth:

Edit: Oh and it does about 35mpg and has mechanically mostly readily available Vauxhall parts which makes servicing nice and reasonable cost wise.

Edited by coldel
  • Like 3

i'd be looking at BMW / Audi with that price range and speed requirement!

BMW Z4M hardtop, 343bhp, 5 secs 0-62mph and can get a good low mileage version for 11-12k

Audi S5, 354bhp, 5.1 secs 0-62mph, just maybe stretching your mileage request for the money though.

What about a kit car? Something bike engined. Was the route I almost took before buying the zed.

I needed something that wasn't very practical and was fun. But I also wanted a bit of warmth in the winter so went with the zed in the end.

What about the BMW 335i M Sport?

Little over budget but a great car with good potential. Remap will see a very quick car. My old man has the 07 with paddle shift gears & I'm positive the 0-60 is quicker than the manufacturer states it is. B)

Link to a manual: http://www.autotrade...e/bmw?logcode=p

Link to an automatic (paddle shift): http://www.autotrade...eries?logcode=p

I have a huge soft spot for these and I hate BMWs.

I'm not a big fan of BMW's (never owned one though) either but my old man started buying them some years ago when his back got bad and he couldn't get in & out of sports cars.

Had maybe 4-5 different BMW's now, always performance ones & usually 3 series although he did have a 750 which was a f**king tank.

This is by far the best one he's owned and with the twin turbo's even I'm impressed with how it performs. B)

i'd be looking at BMW / Audi with that price range and speed requirement!

BMW Z4M hardtop, 343bhp, 5 secs 0-62mph and can get a good low mileage version for 11-12k

Audi S5, 354bhp, 5.1 secs 0-62mph, just maybe stretching your mileage request for the money though.

I've been looking at z4m's however I have not come across any for 11k -12k