Supercharged 350z for Sale

mouthwash

just wondering, did you put cats back on for the MOT test, or do you have a friendly MOT tester?

Also, I get the engine oil needs changing every 2,500miles, am I right that the supercharger oil needs changing every 7,500miles, or is it just an annual change? I normally service yearly at around 10,000mile intervals.

why every 2500 i would of thought more like every 4500

just wondering, did you put cats back on for the MOT test, or do you have a friendly MOT tester?

Also, I get the engine oil needs changing every 2,500miles, am I right that the supercharger oil needs changing every 7,500miles, or is it just an annual change? I normally service yearly at around 10,000mile intervals.

why every 2500 i would of thought more like every 4500

A quote from the Vortech installation manual. :)

Perform an oil and filter change upon completion of this installation and prior to test driving your vehicle.

Thereafter, always use a high grade SF rated engine oil or a high quality synthetic, and change the oil and filter at

least every 3,000 miles.

Never attempt to extend the oil change interval beyond 3,000 miles, regardless of

oil manufacturer’s claims as potential damage to the supercharger may result.

Posted · Hidden by GIXXERUK, January 15, 2015 - thread clean - op's request
Hidden by GIXXERUK, January 15, 2015 - thread clean - op's request

The supercharger oil needs changing every 7500 miles, so every third oil change basically. :)

No reason to change the oil every 2500miles unless you're tracking the car every week. At 5000-7500 miles is absolutely fine.

• Like 1

Mate, I had no idea you were seIIng :angry:

If I had the money I'd buy it in a heartbeat mate. Gutted :byebye:

Do some more overtime at work :p I can even deliver it to you.

I don't think I'II be abIe to rustIe up 6k worth of overtime IoI, as much as I'd Iike to IoI. :fool:

I don't want anyone eise to buy this though, so I wiII say it's horrific to drive....

Who am I kidding... It's amazing :(

Mate, I had no idea you were seIIng :angry:

If I had the money I'd buy it in a heartbeat mate. Gutted :byebye:

Do some more overtime at work :p I can even deliver it to you.

• Like 2

Perform an oil and filter change upon completion of this installation and prior to test driving your vehicle.

Thereafter, always use a high grade SF rated engine oil or a high quality synthetic, and change the oil and filter at

least every 3,000 miles.

Never attempt to extend the oil change interval beyond 3,000 miles, regardless of

Just fyi mouthwash, plus it might help stop people being put off from buying your Zed because they may believe falsely that constant oil changes are needed: Engine oil changes are not needed so often as octet stated above.

The quote you are using as far as I'm aware is for the "engine oil fed units only".

The Vortech supercharger unit you have & I is a "self-lubricating unit".

It needs the oil in the charger changed initially after installation at 2.5K and thereafter at least every 7.5K using only the supplied Vortech/Paxton lubricating fluid.

Car engine oil can be changed at more normal intervals with more often being wiser if the car is tracked regularly. :thumbs:

• Like 1

least every 3,000 miles.

Just fyi mouthwash, plus it might help stop people being put off from buying your Zed because they may believe falsely that constant oil changes are needed: Engine oil changes are not needed so often as octet stated above.

The quote you are using as far as I'm aware is for the "engine oil fed units only".

The Vortech supercharger unit you have & I is a "self-lubricating unit".

It needs the oil in the charger changed initially after installation at 2.5K and thereafter at least every 7.5K using only the supplied Vortech/Paxton lubricating fluid.

Car engine oil can be changed at more normal intervals with more often being wiser if the car is tracked regularly. :thumbs:

Vortech haven't specified that in their instructions? You guys are more than likely right but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I do have an A4 piece of paper though that was part of the user guide/instructions which came with the V3 SCi stating the above which was written by "APG (Air Power Group) ~ Vortech Superchargers ~ Paxton Superchargers".

Up to you Ian and any potential buyer/new owner of the car though. Good luck with the sale. ;)

Ian, are you reading what we've wrote? You're reading the wrong manual :lol: :lol: I hope that's not the reason you're selling the car :lol:

On a serious note, for normal driven car, doesn't make any sense what so ever to change the oil every 2500 miles. You're not racing the car every weekend on a track, are you? There are hundreds of threads in US forums and so many people with supercharged cars in here too, we all changing the oil just like normal, unless doing heavy track sessions. :)

Hope you change your mind and keep that awesome machine, unless you're planing to get a 370z and Twin Turbo it :lol:

• Like 1

:lol: No, the oil changes don't bother me, in fact I'm likely to do another before it leaves me.

I'm not being difficult either but: V2/V3 manual http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/images/50.pdf - it lists a lot of differences between the V2 and the V3 but no where does it mention about the different oil change intervals for the different chargers. Yes, I could see there being a difference between the engine oil fed one and the self lubricated one but if I have an issue and need to prove maintenance, I'd rather have followed their instructions.

I can honestly see what you're saying but I can't find any other recommendation from Vortech, you guys are more than welcome to give me the correct links :p

However, now potential buyers have several opinions on the subject can you start a new thread to continue the discussion.

Last reply, although I think we're helping your potential buyers:

What type of maintenance is required with a Vortech supercharger system?

Follow the vehicle owners' manual recommendations for your vehicle. We do ask that you change your engine oil at regular intervals because the engine oil cools and lubricates the supercharger gears and bearings. When changing your oil, remove and clean the oil inlet fitting and strainer. For severe duty or racing, it is suggested that you install an oil cooler and filter. We suggest following the manufacturers recommendations concerning oil type and oil change interval. You can use mineral based, synthetic blend, or full synthetic oils with a Vortech supercharger system as long as the oil meets or exceeds vehicle manufacturer recommendations.

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/page.php?id=33508

Btw Ian, I know I said I wasn't fussed about anything for the use of the workshop, but now that I know you're seIIing.... I'II accept payment in the form of your CoiIovers...

I'II even coIIect them... I'm not unreasonabIe after aII....

• Like 1

Look at all the V3 installation guides on Vortechs site, they all recommend an oil change interval of 3000 miles. You should probably get Vortech to amend them to your schedules.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by GIXXERUK, January 15, 2015 - thread clean - op's request

Just to clarify the maintenance schedule for the SUPERCHARGER UNIT as Adrian has previously mentioned

Yep, the supercharger unit I know as mentioned is every 7500 miles but all of Vortechs written instructions for V3 superchargers states 3000 miles for engine oil. I don't know what else to say really.

Edited by mouthwash

Btw Ian, I know I said I wasn't fussed about anything for the use of the workshop, but now that I know you're seIIing.... I'II accept payment in the form of your CoiIovers...

:lol:

I've forgotten what this thread is about now.

:lol:

I've forgotten what this thread is about now.

oil :lol: