Bouncy rev needle

jimboy2

Had this since I got it and thought I would try and find a solution. From what I can hear and feel it is causing no issues with performance at all.

When coming off the gas the rev needle bounces instead of moving smoothly.

Any one seen this before? Is it a easy problem to sort out?

Cheers

Edited by jimboy2

Is it an import?

seen something like it on an import - but only on hot sunny days - was something to do with the little circuit board they add behind the dash to change the digital speedo to MPH from KPH

not a lot of help but maybe a place to start.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it when it hits the stop at 6500 rpm that it bounces.. ;)

Mine bounces at 7500 as I have the far superior HR haha.

Not really tried anything to be honest. Is the throttle body calibration a peddle dance?

Jez from Horsham Dev did the peddle dance for me and told me that HR engines will always have some (minimal of course) bounce due to the dual throttle bodies

Not really tried anything to be honest. Is the throttle body calibration a peddle dance?

Thats what AMT said, then he got his HR smashed up the rear end repeatedly by multiple DEs the dirty dog :thumbs:

There is multiple pedal dances for different procedures, use the search function :)

• Like 2

Thats what AMT said, then he got his HR smashed up the rear end repeatedly by multiple DEs the dirty dog :thumbs:

Don't go labelling all HRs as a result of one who has yet to learn to drive :lol: Away and play with your soot chucker

I don't dispute AMTs driving abilities are probably lacking :lol: however my DE spanked you and my soot chucker would 100% spank you :lol: although I might kill myself when I go past someone at break neck speeds making 0 noise and they don't even give it a second look!

There is multiple pedal dances for different procedures, use the search function :)

Haha it's not other 350z I'm worried about. It's all these skoda's and Astras that I need to be wary of ha

• Like 2