Brakes

Justthejedi

Hi Mitz

My brakes are juddering like mad under slightly heavy braking and driving me potty as it feels terrible.

Could you price up some options for me please, from the cheapest to mid-range , I'm thinking from standard replacement discs and pads to say something like the Black Diamond discs and pads, red stuff pads, including fitting.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I've also noticed a new noise from underneath, when crawling along in a traffic jam, there is a metallic "tink" now and again? Any ideas?

Thanks

Justin

Sorry Mitz, was not trying to steal business from you, just trying to help out a fellow forum member. If he has a fundamental issue, he will go through the new discs and pads mega quick, and it wont solve the problem.

Cheers for the response Daryl, I've cooked my brakes by sitting on the pedal at junctions, the Brembo's create a lot of heat so getting into the habit of using my handbrake more.

• 8 months later...

Did you find out what that 'tink' was? I have the same noise. I'm sure its an exhaust / heat sheld?

No I didn't unfortunately......and it's not doing it anymore?! Had it Mot'd last week and it sailed through with no advisories so everything underneath must be ok.