Side steps

JoshThePonce

Probably seems a bit random to post on a 350z forum but I know these are very popular on the 350's and i'm looking for some for my R32 GTR, can't seem to find any specifically designed for it though.

So i'm looking for some cheap ones designed for the 350 that i can chop up and tinker about with to fit on my 32. Anyone got some they fancy selling? B)

Just wanted to even the car out a bit as the front end is quite busy compared to the rest of it.

10416983_10152786233871495_6150376369447113521_n_zps028332e8.jpg

Looking at the picture of your R32 wouldn't you be better with some side skirts? :dry:

Just looks a little high in the middle compared to how low the front bumper/splitter sits.

Side steps wouldn't really go low enough imo on the R32 and they look good on the 350 because of the lines of the car itself. E.g: the Zeds lower front bumper/splitter are sort of perfectly inline with the middle side skirts.

impp_0908_06_z%2Bnissan_skyline_gt_r%2B350z_side_view.jpg

Good luck with the search though if it's what you want to do. :thumbs:

Looking at the picture of your R32 wouldn't you be better with some side skirts? :dry:

Just looks a little high in the middle compared to how low the front bumper/splitter sits.

Side steps wouldn't really go low enough imo on the R32 and they look good on the 350 because of the lines of the car itself. E.g: the Zeds lower front bumper/splitter are sort of perfectly inline with the middle side skirts.

impp_0908_06_z%2Bnissan_skyline_gt_r%2B350z_side_view.jpg

Good luck with the search though if it's what you want to do. :thumbs:

Agreed

Actually, the tarmac side steps sit much lower than the front bumpers. Even when seen side on with my N2 front they were sitting over an inch lower.

Pictures I've seen of Zeds with Nismo sides and N2 front, the side are actually higher than the bumper.

Naturally the front end on a 32 is lower than the rest of the car, the carbon splitter on the bottom is aftermarket, the lip above it is standard.

I'm really not a fan of low sitting side skirts on a 32, i just think they really don't look right. Side steps will finish it off nicely imo.

Fair enough ~ good luck with the search. ;)